Brookdale Meridian Lakewood - Lakewood, CO

“Getting to know the residents and providing a wonderful home for each and every one of them is what brings our staff to work every day.” At the base of the scenic Rocky Mountains in Lakewood, Colo., The Meridian is conveniently located on Jewell Avenue between Wadsworth Boulevard and Kipling Street. The community features easy access to local shopping and dining, as well as to the city of Denver and Denver International Airport. Residents enjoy a beautiful natural setting with mature landscaping, walking paths, ponds and a stream.

Our apartment-style Senior independent living community offers all the conveniences of home without any of the work. The Meridian features a comfortable sidewalk café, beauty salon, arts and crafts room, billiard and poker room, large library with fireplace and a covered patio. Our spacious apartment homes offer a variety of floor plans with lighted walk-in closets, generous storage and fully-equipped kitchens. With flexible hours and restaurant-style dining daily, our dining services offer regional cuisine, featured items and a wide variety of choices every day.

Our award-winning Signature Programs offer a wide variety of top-notch services for residents. With an exciting array of social, educational and cultural programs, residents are encouraged to renew their old interests and explore new ones. Popular classes include “Matter of Balance,” tai chi and “Mind Aerobics.” Help with everyday tasks can make a big difference in the quality of your life. It’s comforting to know that you can continue to live life to the fullest at The Meridian – with the added security of a health care center and a full spectrum of supportive services to meet the needs of our residents.

Call today to arrange a visit, and experience for yourself the meaningful lifestyle our residents enjoy every day.

Getting more than I could've ever expected

I chose this place with my parents and once I explained what I needed with the sales director, price wise for both of my parents to have a 2 bedroom place, they were very, very helpful. Even just to help me with the price, they took off the second person charge and allowed me to have the 2 bedroom for my parents for the price of one. They’ve been great. The staff is absolutely easy to communicate with and knowledgeable about what they’re doing. They’re so patient with my parents. When we first started touring there, [Removed] (the sales person) was never pushy and always accommodating. The food is great, my parents love it, and I eat there all the time with my own family. It’s only $10 for me to eat there and they have Sunday brunch so most of the time we don’t even have to go out to a restaurant. They keep everything very clean. If we need maintenance, it all happens so fast and I’ve been impressed. There’s always staff walking around and checking on things. There are so many activities that it’s hard to keep up with. There’s a movie room, wine and cheese and happy hours, a game room, arts and crafts, and they’ll bring in people to do lectures. The activities schedule is just full. They even have Tai Chi and exercise classes and it’s all included in the price. There’s a greenbelt area in the back of the community where you can do some golfing and there are walking paths and gardens. It just doesn’t feel like you’re in a residential area. Every floor has an ambassador that comes down to help everyone move in and see if anyone needs anything, and they’re very nice and helpful. They have a military service wall as well and they’re putting my dad’s plaque up, which the whole family loves. Honestly, they’re getting more here than I ever expected and the price is so great. My parents can age in place, so if they have to do assisted living then they don’t have to move and it can all happen here. There’s a critical care unit on the 3rd floor so if need be then they can stay there if something were to happen and it’s all in the same facility. I was overwhelmed with all of the good stuff they have. I would highly recommend them.

Nice tour

We toured the Brookdale Meridian Lakewood and it was a very nice community. They offer many amenities for the residents. They gave a very nice presentation of what they could offer. We chose another community based on our budget needs, and we were looking for a more independent lifestyle.

Warm and Pleasant

Brookdale Meridian Lakewood is a very nice community. The atmosphere is very warm and pleasant for family members coming to visit their loved one. My father in law is being well taken care of by the staff and they are very attentive to his care needs. At this time of his life, they are making sure he is comfortable. The food they serve at mealtime looks very appealing. The grounds are very beautiful and well-kept.

Not a good experience.

I would advise if you have a loved one at this facility that you insist on weekly care conferences! Rehab was not started for 2 weeks. We experienced several incidents where doctors orders were not being followed even with written care instructions. When this was brought to directors attentions they would agree that these things should be being done but there was never follow through. Doctor's written orders were lost twice, (at least that was the excuse) a physical prescription was lost as well.
We finally brought in a Senior Advocate and she was appalled at what had transpired. My mother went into rehab for a broken ankle & came out completely incontinent & unable to walk where she previously had been using a walker & was in control of her bodily functions. So watch closely, don't be afraid to question care & be the PITA family member if need be.

Lovely Place!!

My parents where both at this community for a short period of time and I was very pleased with how things went for them. The staff where wonderful to work with and I was comfortable with the care they provided. The meals where lovely and the activity program they had available was great. It just was not the right care they needed for the long run but I would recommend them to anyone.

Good so far

It's too early to tell if they can improve but so far I am very happy here and things are going well. I had one meal I didn't care for that much but the other meals have been good.

Nice place

Food is good, staff is nice, nice place, not as good as home but they take care of us. Location is very close to the kids, they come often to check in on us.

Food needs improvement!!

My loved one has not adjusted very well to this community, I wish the staff would be more motivating to get him more involved in the many activities they offer throughout the day. The food also needs some improvement.

Taking Good Care Of My Father and His Needs

My father is doing very well here at this community. He has adjusted very well to it and he loves it. They have a pleasant staff here, they are very nice and attentive. There are many activities offered, that is the main reason we choose this community. He is satisfied with the food. They serve the food restaurant style, many choices to choose from. The community and his room are always well-kept. He is safe and getting good care. This is a community I would recommend.

Best solution for me!

I've lived here in the independent living apartments for 3 years. I am very pleased with the facility, amenities and especially the camaraderie with the other residents and the staff. I have no plans to leave. This has been a wonderful senior solution for me!

Horrible Experience

My Mom stayed here only one month. They talk pretty, but the care was horrible. My Mom was in long term care. I honestly think that many families just drop their parents here and never look back.They didn't do the small things we take for granted such as brushing my Moms teeth and washing her face and hands and changing her clothes when she had a bathroom accident or spilled food on herself. Every time I visited her (3-4 times a week) she smelled like urine and poop. None of the simple care was taken care of. She was in a soiled diaper for hours and they didn't apply the cream the doctor prescribed after cleaning her bottom. They talked so pretty about their care but the reality was totally different.And in less than a month Mom's glasses were lost and her hearing aids damaged beyond repair. We are still fighting to have some compensation for their replacement.Total mess and let down plus a horrible experience.Stay away from Meridian Lakewood.

Not delivered what was promised

What we were promised was not delivered. They were not paying attention to my mom.

Comfortable and Involving

I think they did a good job at keeping her involved with the activities and my mom seemed very happy there and I think it had a comfortable atmosphere. It was fairly pricey though, and there was a pain medication I thought she was kept on for too long.

It was way outside of our price range.

We looked here when we were considering options. It was way outside of our price range.

My loved ones lived in this community

The staff at Lakewood Meridian was very helpful with my husband and me as we were trying to help his parents adjust to their new life. It was not easy! Even though they knew that they needed to be where they were safe and getting the help they needed, they were not happy to be out of their home. The staff was attentive and caring towards all of us. They were always available to answer questions and check on our parents when we called as we lived out of state. If needed we would definitely use them again.

This facility is awful ! My father was there in hospice and the CNA treated him awful. She was rough with him as far as changing him, she [removed] him for not being able to use the bathroom himself and she forced him to go to bed when he was not ready. He went ridiculous periods of time waiting for someone to answer his call button and there seemed to be a lack of care by most of the employees in this facility. Even the hospice team saw the lack of care and attention. Please do not put your loved one here, it is beyond awful.

I placed my mom, who has alzheimers t...

I placed my mom, who has alzheimers there. She is doing well there and seems comfortable.

1 bdrm starting at $2925- E...

1 bdrm starting at $2925- Expensive

They were like a five star hotel, there wasn't anything that said old peoples home to me. The staff were all very kind and friendly. In the end it was the pricing that made us choose a different location.

Care expectations that we were initia...

Care expectations that we were initially promised were not followed through upon until my siblings met with the management team. They seem to be improving after the meeting, but we will need to continue to check in to make sure my mom is getting the care she needs.

$2200 for 2 years, then 10% increase,...

$2200 for 2 years, then 10% increase, then 2-5% each year. $2100 move in one bedroom with kitchen, dining included with salad bar. $1000 for full time care, skilled nursing upstairs, morning check in button, personal alarm band. Newly remodeled.100 residents. Wide hallways with hand rails.

Independent and assisted living, clos...

Independent and assisted living, close to home. underground parking. Better!

real nice place, would be great for m...

real nice place, would be great for my mom but not so much for dad....dad needing more care!