Lakewood Estates - Lakewood, CO

Thought our mom would like the cruise ship atmosphere. meals smelled good. Residents seemed engaged and highly functional. Felt like a fun atmosphere with lots of activities. Warm, inviting feel

We liked this one the best so far as it close to her doctor and to her home - only they don't offer the option for a nursing home in the same place. Also, no pharmacy on site. We have to hire outside help for all extras

Warm, Family Vibe

Lakewood Estates is by far my favorite of the places I visited while looking for a place for my dad. [Removed], who helped me initially, was super informative, and we instantly had a good report. She walked us through the process, and helped us feel immediately at ease. Everyone here has been beyond helpful. The food is really good. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the food. They have a lot of options, and really reasonable portions sizes. It’s very clean here, and they have so many activities from movie nights, to exercise classes, to outings. I have been so pleased with Lakewood Estates. I would definitely recommend it.

Out of Budget Range

It was a very nice community that we toured and the staff was very friendly and helpful in providing answers to our questions. The community was very clean and well kept. We chose another community based on our budget needs.

An ok community

The staff is friendly, welcoming and accommodating. Dad likes the food, however it does seem to take a long time to receive it. They do offer a lot of activities. The community is clean and very pretty. They do not have staff on site twenty four hours a day. I would recommend this community.

Tour and options

We toured this community for my mom's care. They do not have nurses on staff. The community is clean and a nice atmosphere. We liked that the community was just remodeled. This community is not what we were looking for at the time. We would recommend families to tour this community.

Care options for a loved one

We toured this community and it was nice, but they did not have the correct care that my mom wanted. The community is clean and nice inside and out. They have an excellent menu from what we had at the time of the tour. We would recommend this community for other families if they have the care that they are needing for a loved one.

Great option for an independent senior!

My mother was a resident here for 10 years.They changed management several times. With every change of management other things would change as well. Seniors typically do not like change. The food was always good and she never complained about that. The laundry was close to her room and that was convenient. We had to move her because her care needs changed and she needed assisted living. I would recommend Lakewood Estates to someone looking for independent senior options.

Unhappy

I was nor happy living here. The community has a bad odor and I had to go elsewhere to sleep at night. They would not help me on the refund. They don't do anything about the makers that I have complained about more than once. The sales people do not keep their word on what is promised. Just recently the meals did improve. They have a lot of great activities for that participation. I would not recommend this to other families

My personal choice!

I liked the Lakewood Estates a lot. It was my choice for if I was choosing for myself that would have been my top choice. The place was clean and all of the people looked very happy. My parents were looking for something different so we chose another community.

Decently priced and meals are included.

The assistant manager is nice and the staff are helpful. They offer a lot of daily activities and common areas for the residents to socialize. They have a shuttle available to go places. I like that the residents wear push buttons instead of having a string to pull. Dad seems to like the food about seventy five percent of the time. The community is clean. My only complaint is I wish they had more parking.

Everything is going great !!

I have had no complaints so far with this community so far everything is going well for my loved one. He has had no complaints about the food and they offer a great activity program. I have been pleased with the services they have been providing my mother.

From What I Heard

The care has been going fine for my mom. I am not there to see her often but they were super helpful in the beginning now I am less impressed, but they are doing fine for my mom.

It Is A "5" Place

Everything seems really good. My room is reserved until I can get my furniture moved in. I like my room and the manager helped pick out a room by the entrance for me. I like all the people and everybody is helpful. The manager is so helpful. The community has trees around the place.

I would recommend Lakewood Estates!!

I have not had much interaction with the staff at this community but when I do they are very nice and helpful. The food is ok I think I would give it a 3. They keep the community well cared for. I have not noticed a lot of community activities since I moved here.

Felt like home

My family had no idea what to expect when we started our search for dad's new home. Lakewood Estates was our first stop and after seeing a few others, we couldn't forget the feel of family and sense of community at Lakewood Estates, so that's where dad moved to. From the Managers to the Sales person to the Residents, it really does make you feel like home and we know it is the best solution, not perfect, but we are very happy!

A Pleasant Tour

I toured this community for my father. My tour went well and everybody was kind and friendly . The apartment they showed me was very nice and a good size. The community looked great, everything was well maintained. There are nice activities and nice meals. Overall it was a good tour. This community just was not a good fit for my father and his needs.

Nice Looking Community

This was a lovely community. My tour went very well, everybody was very kind and welcoming. From what I saw the facility looked well maintained. The staff was sweet and informative. There are nice activities offered. Overall my tour went well.

I'am Happy Here

I'am doing very well and I really like this community. They are taking very good care of me and my needs. Everybody is very friend and always willing to help. The community looks great, they keep everything very well maintained. I enjoy a few of the activities they offer. I'am satisfied with the meals. Overall everything is working out very well.

It's a great place to live!

I am very happy to be here! It has already been so good
for me. I love not having to grocery shop! And I don't have
to cook for myself. It is good to have three meals a day as
I was not eating so well anymore on my own.
I feel blessed to live in such a beautiful place.
The people are so friendly and the management is very
approachable and helpful. I really like the fact the there are two couples as managers and they live here.
I feel safe here. The activities director plans many activities that are enjoyable and helpful to help both
physically and mentally. I like that she plans for entertainment here in the building - I don't have to go to
another building. And she takes us on jaunts om the van.

Mom Is Doing Okay

My mother is doing okay here at this community. The cleanliness is fair for the most part, but the staff does not clean up any vomit or diarrhea. They do come and clean her room and change her sheets and dump the trash. Most of the staff is pretty helpful and attentive. They do offer nice activities for the residents. She does like the food, she says the meals are good. At this moment this would not be a community I would recommend.

My Experience at Lakewood Estates

I have complete freedom to remain independent.

I have enjoyed some of the MANY activities - am amazed at the frequency and variety,

LOVE not having to cook, and the food is plentiful and good.

People (both staff and residents) really care, without being overbearing.

Parking is free and convenient.

Needs Some Updating

I think that it is an okay facility. Honestly the Lakewood Estates place is kind of run down and needs a revamping, or needs to be redone a little bit. Other than that, I have no complaints about the place.

Great experience

This was a great place. The staff was patient and caring. The facility was clean and the activities seemed fun and appropriate for the residents. She has not been there for about a year now, but it was a great experience for her.

Nice, homey atmosphere

Nice homey atmosphere. Very friendly staff. They are beautiful apartments, pet friendly and great food!

Our Ederly deserve better than here

My father moved into Lakewood Estates late February early March 2015. He was so excited, and everyone was very kind to him, he loved his studio, and for the most part he thought this was a great place. That lasted for a week. He started noticing how rude the staff was to its residents. The meals were not what they advertised. The management was the worst - I witnessed first hand yelling at the residents and staff that looked so unhappy. There were many red flags and I sent my concerns to the Holiday Touch Corporate office and was told that the incidents would be looked into. Nothing was done - the management stayed the same. Not caring, and [removed]. My dad moved out on August 1, 2015. This would not be a place I would want any of my family members to ever live at - because of its on staff management.

thanks

Thanks to Lakewood Estates my Dad is able to be with other independent people and yet have additional care when needed.

Very nice place!

Overall I think they do an excellent job at Lakewood Estates! The facility itself is clean and attractive, and the rooms are well taken care of and have plenty of space. They provide a good variety of activities, and I would give the food a solid 4.5, it is very good! My only complaint is that they seem a little understaffed on the weekends, and service and response times to call buttons can get very slow. But overall I am very glad we found this place for my loved one. She is safe and comfortable, and it provides me a lot of peace of mind knowing that she is well taken care of.

good overall experience

They seem to be a little understaffed at times. They will say that they are going to get something done, but then they do not do it. They could use a few aesthetic updates, like newer carpet. Activities for my mother could also be better. She is very high functioning, and many of the activities seem to be for those whose mental faculties are not all there, so some more sophisticated activities for her would be good.

Other than that it has been great. The food is wonderful, and the people there are extremely nice and friendly.

Holiday Retirement

Thank you so much for reaching out - this is great feedback regarding our resident enrichment program. Does your mother have any specific interests or hobbies that she'd like to see on Lakewood Estates' calendar? If so, I highly urge you to call our Resident Relations department at [removed] with suggestions. We want our residents to be happy and are always willing to adjust activities calendars for their benefit.

Thanks again for your feedback,
Katie - Communications - Holiday Retirement Home Office

It was a nice place.

We toured this place when we were looking. It was a nice place, it was clean, with a friendly staff. It came down to the location, and we picked a different place. But we didn't have any concerns about this place.

Have had some problems with the management

Our experience with this community has been a disappointing one overall. When we were touring communities they put on a very good face, but the follow-through has been lacking. There are a few things they do quite well here, however. The housekeeping and maintenance staff are all very friendly, and do a good job keeping the building clean, and they've also got a very nice activities director. The management staff has been far less pleasant to work with. We feel like they don't listen to the residents at all, or even welcome our input. Any suggestion you offer them get a response of it "not being corporate policy. It feels very impersonal and unfriendly, and more like they are more interested in saving money than making this a good place to live.

I recently moved my mother here from ...

I recently moved my mother here from Colorado Srpings at another holiday property. I'm impressed with the facility that it is large and open. Mainly the staff and residents are all so friendly. My mother was quickly welcomed by everyone the day she moved in. She says the food is better from where she came from. One bog plus for her was the monthly rent is about $300 less!

When I saw it I immediately didn't want to go in.

I didn't get very far in touring this community. When I saw it I immediately didn't want to go in. The outside was really old looking and looked like an apartment complex in a residential area. There was really no parking available, it just did not seem like an ideal situation.

Holiday Retirement

We wish you would have seen our whole community! We are a senior living community that utilizes apartment suites, so that's not something we can change. And know that we do have a maintenance technician who works diligently to keep our building and grounds looking beautiful. Also, most of our residents choose to take advantage of our included transportation service, which is why we don't typically have a strong need for additional parking.

Part of Holiday Retirement ...

Part of Holiday Retirement - no assisted care

Nice views, nice location. ...

Nice views, nice location. A little run down. 70s style. Good vibe. Live-in manager. Independent living only, with outside vendors for assisted living.

I love the people, I love the staff, they take good care of my mom.

I love the people, I love the staff, they take good care of my mom. Everything seems to be going really well. She can be independent and we can add care as the needs progress, and she won't have leave.

We haven't had any complaints.

We haven't had any complaints. The food would be about a four. We really liked the facility and we loved the location, it's a quiet neighborhood and close to shopping. We are very pleased. She is participating in activities I never thought I would see her participate in.

We are very pleased with Lakewood Est...

We are very pleased with Lakewood Estates. It is perfect for Mom and her dog.

They do a really good job.

They have a chef that has been there 16 years, and the soux chef has been there something like 13 years, so the longevity of the employees speaks volumes, and the food is really good. I like their ambassador program, where some of the older residents show the newer ones around. I also like that it's pretty small, with only about a hundred people so they are a little more personal.

Nice people. Welcoming atmosphere. A ...

Nice people. Welcoming atmosphere. A good deal, financially.

O lives here. Kitchens outs...

O lives here. Kitchens outside of the room for baking cookies, etc.

Management are real salespeople

My mom is really happy there, the managements kind of so-so but the people are nice, my mom has a nice room, it's cheap and she's really happy. Not a single day goes by that my mom doesn't fuss at me about taking dad to live with her. Maybe it'll work out, it would be wonderful if it did but my mom thinks she can cure his dementia. She's doing independent living and she's doing quite well, they have meals provided, housekeeping, she has a lovely room, the price is nice and they will take her in a little van to any place within 10 miles which is pretty standard. The management I'm not real happy with, they're full of promises and my husband says he doesn't trust them as far as they can throw them. They say anybody can live there but then it's up to the family to make sure that they, on their own, provide the extra care that people need. The managers there are sales people, I talked to one of th regional salespeople and she was one of the worst used car dealers I had ever talked to. I told her I was moving my mother here inspite of her, not because of her, they will promise you anything.

Not impressed.

Not impressed.

Good Choice

They were able to provide a better price then the comparable communities. When your loved one is on a fixed income a couple hundred dollars can make a big difference. Overall the community is very nice and we are glad we chose it. It seems like we made a good choice.

Liked it, but seemed a little distant.

Liked it, but seemed a little distant.

Loved it!

Loved it!

What a great place I want to move in!...

What a great place I want to move in! Mom would do great here but I'm afraid Dad needs more help. This place is Independent living and for dad we need Assistent living.

Situated on gorgeous, landscaped grounds in the thriving town of Lakewood, you’ll love our tastefully elegant facilities and all the conveniences of the nearby community. We’re just minutes from shopping, healthcare, golfing, and wonderful local entertainment.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind