Lakeview Senior Living - Lakewood, CO

love this from brochures. Would be very interested.

Samantha McCue

Thank you for the positive review! We are always more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Please feel free to give us a call or stop by. Have an awesome day!

Really liked this place. The atmosphere was warm. Staff greeted residents by name. Seemed that residents were high functioning, involved with each other, card games and other activities going on during the day. Liked their offerings to residents. Includes all amenities except personal phone. Felt welcoming, like even i'd like living there.

We visited ten different senior living communities before making a decision on Lakeview for my Mom. The kind and caring response we received on the three visits before making our decision is completely authentic.

The staff, from the Executive Director, to the Community Relations Coordinator, to the wait staff in the dining room, are all enormously patient, helpful, and positive. This is a community that truly cares about their residents, our number one deciding factor. The residents are very happy to live here and the vibe of Lakeview is a true community where people are enjoying their lives.

Additionally, the food, which is provided three times per day, is excellent! Delicious, and beautifully prepared, with a wide variety of choice, make it easy for residents to enjoy meals in a social setting. There are daily varied activities, religious services, transportation within a ten mile radius, and maintenance assistance. The apartments are updated, clean, and inviting, with much natural light.

My Mom has gone from fearful, to excited and comfortable, in a relatively short period of time. The residents are happy here and it shows.

Thank you Lakeview Senior Living.

Enjoying life at Lakeview Senior Living

Wonderful venue for the independent senior.
Great food and a lots of activities for all skill levels.

Residents are kind and caring.

Personnel are always smiling and willing to help you at any time.

We feel very fortunate to have found Lakeview Senior Living and looking forward to a long and wonderful stay.

Samantha McCue

Thank you, Ed., we are delighted you found Lakeview as well! Lakeview is home to the management and staff as well. We are thrilled Dad has settled in so quickly.

A friendly and active place for Mom

My mom was very reluctant to move out of her home of over 40 years. After only one visit to Lakeview Senior Living, however, she was ready to pack her bags! We toured the beautiful facility, ate a delicious dinner in the lovely dining room, met several of the personable staff members, and signed on the dotted line! We were pleased to learn that a one bedroom unit would be opening in only a few weeks. Mom moved in 3 weeks ago and could't be happier. She loves the food and is especially fond of the hot chocolate served in the bistro. She is enjoying all the fun activities such as a fashion show and a performance of "Cinderella." I love that the staff members all know her (and me!) and call us by name. They have been patient and helpful with all of our questions. I can't imagine a friendlier place for Mom to live.

This is a very nice facility that would meet Mom's needs but it is on the pricey side.

I Love my home

I'm so happy I found this place, the community is so nice lots of places to sit outside. They keep it spotless and maintained inside. Their food is excellent great dining room. I love to participate in activities such as bowling, Art, We take bus rides to places. I would definitely recommend Lakeview Senior Living.

A good experience

This is a nice community for independent living. The staff were friendly and helpful. The community is kept well maintained. They offer some nice amenities. Unfortunately, my loved one had to move to an assisted living community.

A good tour

We liked this community when we visited. It was clean and the people we met were friendly. They did seem to offer some nice amenities. We chose another community as it had an opening at the time.

Clean Community!!

I have no complaints of how things went for my mother and I during our tour of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. I was impressed with there floor plan as well as other amenities they had available to the other residents. Overall it was great experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

My mom moved in 6 weeks ago. Everyone is friendly and caring.

Outstanding Care

I like this community for the excellent care from the nice staff. The community is very clean and maintained. I like knowing that she is happy with the menu. She is always happy when she is participating in the activiites with the other residents. This community is nice and we would highly recommend the care and the value to other families.

Samantha McCue

Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

Samantha McCue

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the confidence that you have placed in Lakeview Senior Living. Please let us know if you need anything. We are here to help!

The best Senior Living Community !!

Choosing Lakeview Senior Living was the best choice we could have made! My mother thrived there! The staff are amazing. They are truly friendly, helpful, responsive, kind, and interested in the lives and families of their residents. They supported us in every way they could. We knew them all on a first name basis - the same staff over 2+ years we were there. Mom made several friends while there.
The food was very good - as well as the meal service set up/flexibility, the activities, and amenities, It was always clean, refreshed, and nicely appointed.
There was a wonderful energy and creativity of the staff.
They also seemed to really enjoy their work and the residents. They were there for us while mom was doing well, when she needed extra help, and then finally when she needed Palliative and Hospice care. They were there for my mom and us. I do not hesitate to give them the highest recommendation!

I can't say enough positive things about Lakeview Senior Living! There is a feeling of optimism, energy and caring throughout. The staff is AMAZING. They take really good care of the residents, and make sure that they are feeling at home and included in all the activities and programs that are offered. Moving is always difficult, especially for a senior. I'm grateful that we found Lakeview - they made the transition smoother that we could have ever hoped. Thanks to the wonderful staff for making it possible!

Great place for active seniors

We moved my mother into Lakeview in December. She was hesitant as we expected and thought she was doing just "fine" on her own. Since moving in, she has gone from being "fine" to being happy! She found it easy to make new friends, enjoys the social activities and outings and loves her new apartment. The staff are incredibly welcoming and friendly. This made the transition much easier than expected. The only regret is that we didn't do this earlier!

Professional and Friendly Excellence

My company sells women's clothing to residents of Independent Living communities. We have visited over 100 different communities over 500 times along the front range in CO over the past 4 years. It is my experienced opinion that the people the run each community from the Executive Director to the chef and activity director define the culture of that community. Of the communities we visit, Lakeview Senior Living is among those that set a high standard.....a professional excellence that is reflected in the satisfaction and positive feedback we hear from the residents. Visit and talk to the professionals at Lakeview and it will be evident that their community stands among the best in Colorado.

Poor Customer Service

A friendly front desk/receptionist is critical to any business, as first impressions can be what determines whether a person will recommend your company to others.
While the services provided at Lakeview Senior Living may be too notch and the facility is beautiful, when greeted on the phone or in person by a rude receptionist one can feel insignificant and not want to refers friends or grandparents to the location.
Each phone encounter I've had with the receptionist [Removed], left me feeling like I was interupting her or putting her out. Then, I met her in person and was saddened to discover her attitude and body language was worse! I'm not talking a time or two, rather on a weekly basis for months I have witnessed this behavior.
I'm not sure who oversees these concerns, but you may consider addressing the importance of first impressions and customer service with this employee.

Still a Great Place!

Our mother loved her independent life at Lakeview Senior Living years ago. We had to move her due to the fact that she started needing assistance and supervision and eventually memory care. I've recently returned to the community providing some musical entertainment and I'm highly impressed that key staff members are still managing there. After seeing so much turnaround in other communities, it's refreshing to see that some people are passionate about seniors and enjoy what they do. It's clear that the staff truly cares about the residents' happiness, health, enrichment and safety. I commend the wonderful staff at Lakeview Senior Living for providing a joyful lifestyle for their residents. Seeing [Removed] and [Removed] in action is inspiring! It's clear they love their jobs and they do them well! Congratulations Lakeview Senior Living for being a role model for other senior independent communities. It's a great place for our precious, aging parents!

Recently Mom and our family made the determination to move Mom to a retirement community. I had looked at several. The most outstanding thing about walking into Lakeview is the joyful atmosphere. I never felt that anywhere else. Everything about Lakeview is so well thought out. It is beautifully furnished and cared for. The dining room is perfectly laid out where the residents are waited on and best of all, the food is just fabulous. Before Mom moved in, her apartment was newly carpeted and freshly painted. She was invited to an orientation lunch that was special to new residents the first week she lived there. The staff is amazing, positive, and very helpful. There are fun activities and educational activities every day, transportation, theme parties and more. I really love this place. I am so very happy that Mom is here and she has really adapted quickly. Mom feels safe, appreciated and cared for. Thank you Lakeview. We are all grateful!

A great decision!

My parents actually made the decision to move to Lakeview and I really feel like it was a great decision. It will take my Mom some time to adjust although the staff makes it easier. Mom is able to help with the flower arrangements weekly which she really enjoys and they are both participating in many activities. They both enjoy the food but say there could be more of a variety. Other than that everything has been great and I am very happy they finally made the decision on their own.

My Father's Home

My father just spent 3 wonderful years at Lakeview. It truly was his home. The staff became part of our family, always going above and beyond to make you feel welcomed and cared for. Some of my father's favorites were the waiter George, housekeeper Valentina, and everyone in the front office, especially Kelly Hesser.

Morning coffee with his buddies before breakfast and dinner time were not to be missed. Watching movies, the Rockies games, and playing pinochle were his favorite hobbies.

He battled lung cancer for the last 1 1/2 years. Going to the hospital for extended stays several times, knowing he had Lakeview and his friends waiting for his return gave him the motivation to fight.

My family and I joined my father for countless Sunday Brunches at Lakeview and the food is delicious.

I highly recommend Lakeview Senior LIving for your loved ones.

My Mom Loves Lakeview!

My mother moved to Lakeview in September 2015 after living in her same home for 61 years. While it was hard getting her to downsize from a four bedroom house to a two bedroom apartment, my mother is loving her new apartment, her new friends, and her new freedom. Thank you Lakeview for helping my mom transition so quickly. My mom didn't know anyone living at Lakeview, but the staff and residents are welcoming. If you are looking for a place for your parent(s), make an appointment to see an apartment at Lakeview. Well worth your time and there is no hard sale pitch so don't worry about visiting.

A Great Place to Live!

We toured Lakeview when looking for a place for my Mom. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable; the place looked great and my mom thought it looked like a place she'd like to live!

The apartments are roomy, have closet space and large bathrooms.

The dining area was comfortable and clean. We ate lunch there and enjoyed the meal tremendously. A few residents came up and said "hi," which made my mom feel pretty good.

As an independent living facility, I'd highly recommend this place. They have plenty of activities and transportation.

If you're looking for a lovely place to live, w/friendly staff, check out Lakeview Senior Living in Lakewood, CO

It's great, my mom loves it there.

It's great, my mom loves it there. It's clean, and the staff is friendly. The food is good, plenty of activities. We chose it for the independent living. The rooms here seemed to be a little bigger, than others in the area. I thought they were a little less expensive than most.

I wish we had done more research, found another place for my parent. The food is awful. The staff is not nice at all once they have your money and your signed contract. Watch out for [name removed]. She is super nice, very sweet, before you move in. Once you move in, you'll see her true colors. Repairs are VERY slow to get done. No one seems to care. These are elderly people, they deserve kindness and compassion. They won't find that at Lakeview.

Please don't waste your time with Lakeview

I am not impressed at all with Lakeview. My parent has been living there for several months now, and the treatment of their residents is appalling. They are very nice before you move in while they are trying to get your money, but once you're there things change quickly. [name removed] is super nice while she is wooing you to join Lakeview, but she is not very nice at all after you move in. She is in the wrong business. The staff really does not care about the residents. It's sad. I so wish we had selected another place. The food is not good at all, very poor quality. My parent eats most meals in the apartment and we bring in food because of the poor quality at Lakeview. Plus the kitchen manager is moody and very curt. Overall, do not buy into the nice image [name removed] portrays, You will be disappointed and angry at how your parent is treated.

Our Mother has lived there for over a year now. She is hardly in her room!! She is out and about playing games doing some crafts going on outing or just out visiting. Last year we had a surprise Birthday party there they provided a room for us it went well! We are so please she is doing well there. It did take a little bit of time for her to adjust to her new surroundings . But coming from her own home where she lived for almost 30 years was a big change for her. She is happy and I'am happy for her!

WE moved our mother in to Lakeview Senior Living after a long search for senior living.. We wanted a place for to go that would give her a meaningful future. Since moving into Lakeview she has flourished, Lakeview is a first rate facility. They treat their residents with respect and take care of them you would take care of your own parents. They have a first rate dining room with good , healthy food . They have activities everyday and try to get everyone involved. They have shopping days and outings every week, and movies every night. Our mother has prospered in there environment. making friends and living a meaningful life . Most important she calls it home.

Wish we had found this earlier

I wish we had found this complex earlier. Friendly staff and residents. A good number and variety of activities. At other independent facilities, activities get cancelled because of lack of participation. That does not happen here. The dinning area is wonderful and the food delicious. I would highly recommend this facility.

Mom and dad's move to Colorado

The staff worked very close with us to make my elderly parents' move from their own home to the Center. They encouraged us when it was very difficult for my parents to adjust, and were always available if we had a question or a concern. My parents are adjusting very slowly, but we know it will take awhile, and we appreciate the staff working with us and with them often to ease this difficult transition.

Mom and dad's move to Colorado

Great place but menu needs work

Only complaint is menu is limited and repetitious. specials are not great so mom fills up on desserts

Very Competent

Lakeview had been very competent and responsive. They follow through with what they promise. It is very clean and mom is happy there. We have not seen any other communities o compare Lakeview to but the quality of care and services are great. Lakeview has scheduled transportation for the residents to go shopping and doctor appointments. They also have a lot of activities for the residents and allow them to meet regularly to discuss the services and have a form of feedback that goes to the director if there is a problem.

A very happy experience.

Lakeview was kind enough to allow me to stay for a week while visiting my family, preparing for the move to the Denver area from Florida. I made several lovely friends in my short stay and was impressed with the happy people from the residents all the way up to management. The food was better than good and the ambiance in the dining room just added to the pleasure of all meals. My apartment was spacious, as was the library with computers and Wi-Fi and numerous fireplaces all bright and warm . I already miss my new found friends and hope that I'll be able to return soon. A very nice experience to say the least.

Short stay at Lakeview

My mom stayed a Lakeview Sr. Living for a week. She had a very nice stay. The food was absolutely excellent, the staff was very kind, positive and upbeat and helpful. The room was nice and sunny. The residents were also very kind to her and she made friends their easily. Thank you to the staff at Lakeview for the help during the week.

Review of Lakeview Senior Living in Lakewood, CO

Lakeview is an excellent facility. The staff are outstanding.

Synopsis of Lakeview from a daughter's viewpoint

Very nice and attractive facility. Seems to me to have less able-bodied residents than other facilities we looked at. My mother has a wonderful apartment, but there are only 4 of these left in the building as they are being divided up into smaller 1-bedroom units. So it seems the 2-bedroom apartments are slowly disappearing, which is a major drag for someone wanting a 2-bedroom, larger place. This was by far the most expensive place we looked at, so maybe they need to divide up the units to make them more affordable. The food, in my opinion, is not as good as at a couple of the other retirement places where we ate. My mother says it is getting better; but she has had to reorder her meals 3 times (she has only been there 5 weeks) because they have run out of things (once it was mashed potatoes to go with the fried chicken dinner special--this was at 5:30, for God's sake; once it was lettuce (?!?!) when she ordered a salad; and once it was ham when she ordered a ham sandwich). I think at the price she is paying, running out of food is inexcusable---the staff can run over to Safeway if they are short on supplies! Gina is a wonderful asset in the building and very friendly. Judy, at the front desk, is sometimes friendly, sometimes not so much. Several things that we were told would be taken care of were not (ie-that Mom's garage would be cleaned up before she moved in, that the TV hookup would be moved) so it does not seem as if the facilities management is totally on top of things. I cannot comment on the activities since Mom is still doing most of her fun stuff off-site, but from the lists posted in the elevator, it looks like there are a lot of things going on for the residents to join. All in all, Mom seems very happy here, but I wish there were a few more really active residents, like she is, for her to hook up with.

Great Place for Seniors

The staff at Lakeview senior living are wonderful. The have gone above and beyond to address any issues we have had. The facility is a clean, safe and fun environment for seniors. I would highly recommend Lakeview Senior Living.

They are wonderful.

They are wonderful. It's very clean. The staff is very friendly. They do have good activities. She likes the food very much. So far there have been no complaints, I can't think of a single thing I would like to see improved. We chose it because it of their reputation among our friends. We knew a few people here and they were very happy with it.

They were like a five star hotel, there wasn't anything that said old peoples home to me. The staff were all very kind and friendly. In the end it was the pricing that made us choose a different location.

Great Place for My Mom

My mother has been living here since June 2011. She moved here from out of town and has found a perfect fit for her. She always says how lucky she is to be living here. The management has been the same since she moved in and they are caring and knowledgeable. They were especially helpful and informative when my mom needed to be in rehab after a hip fracture. They assisted me in her care and decision making even when she was not able to be in Lakeview for over two months.

Lakeview Senior LIving is the best!

Recently I had the pleasure of visiting Lakeview with my mother in search of an independent living facility. We met with Kelly Hesser for a pleasant explanation and tour of the facilities. This is the most comprehensive, detailed, and friendly of all the places we have visited. My mom is truly looking forward to her upcoming move>

You have to visit to believe it!

My Dad calls it heaven and I agree. The most perfect retirement community to be found in the Denver area. From the moment we walked through the front doors we felt like we had arrived home. The staff is lovely and my Dad has formed life long friendships. We are very grateful to have found Lakeview!

Wonderful residence for my Dad

Lakeview was a perfect fit for my Dad. The residents and staff are absolutely wonderful and if you haven't yet found a residence for your family, please preview this special community. From the moment we first walked through the door it was like coming home. My Dad has lived at Lakeview for 2 1/2 years now and he calls it heaven! We love it here as well and are very grateful to the exceptional staff who make Lakeview such a one of a kind neighborhood!

A wonderful option for senior living

I have toured Lakeview Senior Living twice now, and found that it is a warm, caring place. The interiors are just lovely! I have had lunch there twice, both times the food was yummy. I would love for my Mom to choose to move from her home and make Lakeview her new home.

Review of Lakeview Senior Living

This is a great Independent Living community! Well maintained, caring staff, and good community of seniors. The food is great, however, more fresh fruit, and more diabetic food would be great. Wait staff in the dining room could be trained more when they are new to get the orders correct (half size portions or 1 1/2 size portions).

The staff is wonderful; takes great care of the tenants, knows everyone (and their families) by name.
Good activities for a variety of tastes, many driven by the tenants. Would be great to have a class on Wii, but the new director of fun is coming up with new ideas each week. Maintenance staff is prompt on repairs, cleaning staff is great too.

Great!

Everything's been great! The food is excellent. There are exercise classes every morning with all different types of exercise. There's bingo and mexican trains and Bible study. Our family goes down for champagne brunch.

Welcome to Lakeview Senior Living, a new concept in senior living by Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC. Our Community is conveniently located in Lakewood, Colorado, just north of Hampden Avenue (Hwy 285) and east of Wadsworth. Lakeview Senior Living offers convenient access to nearby shopping, medical centers, restaurants, and parks. At Lakeview we've created an exceptional lifestyle. Our goal is to exceed each Resident's individual needs while maintaining the highest level of choices, dignity, privacy and respect. Our concept of affordable luxury living on a month-to-month rental program, without the expensive buy-in fee, accompanied by our unique resident concierge services and amenities, enables our resident to live well. From specialized transportation options to morning wake-up calls, all you have to do is pick up the phone or stop by our resident concierge desk and we'll be AT YOUR SERVICE!

Residents will take pleasure in the comfortable and stylish surroundings, which become evident the minute you walk in the door. Everything from our popular sky lounge with observation deck to the European style bistro has been designed for residents to relax and enjoy an active and social carefree lifestyle. Our residents enjoy first-class services with plenty of flexibility and convenience with our innovative Full Spectrum Lifestyle activities and wellness program, country club style dining and scheduled private limousine and bus transportation.