The Carlton - Atlanta, GA

At The Carlton we are very proud of our long tenured staff. With a combined experience of 150 years you can rest assured that you and your family members receive the warm and gentle care they deserve. Everyone is unique, we strive to serve each resident with personal attention by customizing their care to help ease them through lifestyle transitions and enhance their happiness.

I am looking for a dedicated assisted living bed and the level of care at this facility is not what I wanted.
The appointment was set up for me by the web site. When I did call to cancel the receptionist was polite but at 2 pm in the afternoon on a Tuesday was unable to locate anyone that help help me. So they seemed disorganized in this particular area. But I did not actually tour.

Nice place!

We got to go on a tour here and we thought that the community was very nice. The staff was very helpful and nice when asked our questions. The community was clean and neat as well. It was just to far from us.

[Removed] called me and they no longer have Daycare available...but do have respite, overnight care.
Can't really rate, as I did not visit in person.

Jennifer was SO nice and really made our visit very personal. It is small, and we are interested in more space than we have currently. My only other real concern is the lack of lighting throughout. Hopefully it's just a matter of changing several lightbulbs.

A lot of things to work on here

My experience with Insignia of Sandy Springs has not been the best. One of the main problems is that their aide staff seems short staffed and overworked, and the care and cleanliness suffers for it. They really don't seem to have enough people on hand to really care for their memory care residents. One of the main places I notice this is that when I visit (which is often) I can tell my loved one is not taken to the restroom nearly often enough because his diaper is almost always in need of a change. The aides also seem indifferent towards the comfort of the residents. The TV often seems to be set on a channel the staff wants to watch instead of what the residents enjoy, and when I visit the TV room is usually freezing until I ask them to turn the AC down.
They also really need to work on the food. The quality of the cuts of meat they choose always seems low, and they really are not very accommodating to their diabetic residents. I've had to really stay on top of my loved one's blood sugar levels.
One thing I will say is that their physical therapy service is excellent. They've helped him even beyond the rehab care facility he was in previously, and they've even got him up and walking around on his own for short periods of time.

Caring and Attentive

The Carlton is a nice community. They are caring and attentive. I would recommend this facility. The cleanliness is excellent. It is always very clean. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. The residents are friendly as well. The value is excellent. They are doing a good job of taking care of my loved one. The activities are excellent as well. The Carlton has been a great experience. They are very caring.

Fair Service but bad experience

Once there it was fine, we had a bad experience. After wife was there, but once after she was hospitalized, the community denied to take her back because she was not mobile enough. I feel they lied to us, my wife is now in hospice.

Small but very nice, seems to be clietn friendly. Reviews are good. Prices are set.

Everything is good.

Everything is good. My only concern has been when we drop her off a little early for the day program, and the doors are still locked. It's clean and the staff is friendly. We are pretty happy with them.

Sounds like things are going well!

I haven't had a chance to visit yet myself, but I have heard nothing but good things from my loved one about this place! He really seems to love it here, and if he is happy then I am happy!

Very convenient and nice in...

Very convenient and nice inside. Many residents are Jewish and my mother is a Christian, so I think she would have trouble fitting in.

My husband and I looked at ...

My husband and I looked at the Carlton today. I don't think it is the right place for my parents in terms of the apartments and activities.

Communication from the administration needs to be improved.

Communication from the administration needs to be improved. The facility is nice and the staff is incredible. We chose them based on the proximity to the Synagogue and because they told us they would be able to have Kosher meals brought in, once we were here we found out that was not the case.

Great memory care

Great staff. One price eliminates levels of care changing and means staying in same room with your own furniture. Small memory care unit (max 22) makes for everyone knowing the residents and having enough time to give individual attention whenever needed. Meals seem good and involve the community. Laundry is as needed and is done individually in the unit so rarely is anything lost and it does not build up. They know how to overcome most resistance problems like aversion to bathing and diverting attention when resident is focused on an inappropriate activity.

Very nice looking community

This was a very nice looking community. The facility itself is very clean and well kept, and the staff were all very friendly. We just didn't feel like this would be a good fit socially for our loved one, as the majority of the residents are Jewish and many of the services and activities are focused towards that.

A positive experience despite several changes

We had a great first impression of the facility and staff. They were very easy to work with and the move in was simple and efficient. There have been a number of changes; a new Executive Director, eliminated kosher kitchen, and other policy changes but I believe most if it has not affected my mother. The new Director is working hard to improve the quality and consistency of care. She has monthly Family meetings to communicate the changes and listen to feedback. The staff is very responsive and tries to be flexible to requests. Apparently there needs to be some investment in the facility (generator, security system, etc).

I like this facility