Sandy Springs Personal Care Center - Atlanta, GA

Nice!

While we did not ultimately decide to go with Sandy Springs, we very much so enjoyed our tour and thought it was a great establishment. The facility was clean and nicely kept, but we were just hoping for more of a homely feel that's all. Great option overall though!

Great place for senior living

My mother has lived there for 12 years.
The staff is great. The food is good. It is a great value for
senior retirement living. I would highly recommend it.
The employees are friendly, kind and caring. The condos are large and well maintained. The cost per month is very reasonable with all it includes.

Rude dining room staff, not worth the elder abuse

I am currently a resident and cannot wait until my lease is up so I can move. The primary problem is the food and dining room staff. Since you are charged for food, you feel forced to use the dining room. First, most of the staff is rude and acts like it is an extreme inconvenience that you are there. Second, the food is edible but below average. Since as an older person meals are what I look forward to most, I have to rate this place so low. The administration here is very nice and the front office and recreational staff really want the residents to enjoy themselves here. Unfortunately, they need some secret shoppers to frequent the dining room at different times and call on the telephone and attempt to place orders and see how rudely they are treated, if they could eliminate the rude staff this place would be fine. However, at my age I have worked to hard to spend my retirement being treated so rudely.

great independent senior living

I live here. Everyone is friendly and helpful. The flexibility in the meal plan is wonderful. Three meals a day are available but only some 10 to 18 are included in your monthly fee. An assisted living unit is attached so medical personnel are available in case of emergency but none is included as these are condos (sale or rent). Many individual services such as cleaning, laundry, home health are available but not included. Activities are frequent tho perhaps less extensive than some other retirement communities I checked out. Exercise room is limited but there are 1 or 2 exercise classes most days.
We are only 4 blocks from the North Fulton Senior Center is people are interested in other things. I do not plan to willingly move from here.

Wonderful while he could be there

They were excellent but my husband just got too hard for them to handle. He had become very belligerent as he aged and the worse he got the harder it was for them to take care of him. When he first moved in he just loved it, it was a lovely place. The people were very nice and he had a nice bedroom, excellent food and activities, there was an aweful lot for him to do and at that time he was still able to do them but towards the end he needed to be in a place where he could get more care.

Like a Hospital

They were very different. It was not as residential. It was much more like a hospital. It looked like being on a hospital floor - much more sterile. I talked to a woman there who said she loved it and I talked to one of the visiting nurses who had good things to say about it. It was just the difference between feeling like you're in a room in a hospital rather than in an apartment.

Sandy Springs Assisted Living offers a full range of social activities in a warm and caring atmosphere. We provide assistance and supervision in all activities of daily living by a congenial, professional and caring staff. The Assisted Living facility occupies the entire second floor of the Service Center of Mount Vernon Towers with easy access to the beauty shop, library, and swimming pool. There is also an adjacent shopping center in easy walking distance. We have easy wheel chair access and offer special care for those with Diabetes, Parkinson and early Alzheimer's.