Brighton Gardens of Dunwoody - Atlanta, GA

Brighton Gardens provides assisted living in an apartment-style setting that offers the simple pleasures - nutritious food, comfortable surroundings, and the support of a warm, caring and competent staff. A separate Special Care Center for residents with Alzheimer's or other memory related disorders is also on-site. The key to our success in the Special Care Center is our dedicated and compassionate staff, which receives special training and supervision. Our Special Care programming offers a variety of activities designed to achieve memory enrichment and positive social interactions. Caring for residents with dementia is a partnership between the community and the family, frequent family visits are encouraged and support groups and advisory councils are arranged. A Short Stay Program for seniors who need short-term care may also be available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out assisted living. Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Brighton Gardens can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.

My Visit To The Community

This community was not exactly what we were looking for. They offer assisted living and memory care and we were looking for strictly memory care. I did notice a slight odor when we toured the memory care unit. The community did look clean. The staff we met were nice.

Not The Best So Far

The Brighton Gardens of Dunwoody has been a hard transition for my loved one. I would like for the staff to be more involved in helping my loved one adjust to the new environment. During lunch, they have assigned seats so it made it harder for my loved one to make friends. During my tour, they showed me a sheet that said they had community walks at 9 am and in the afternoon but that hasn't been true. I have spoken to someone about it but nothing has changed.

Sunrise Senior Living

small rooms and fairly crowded facility. The providers were genuinely caring people

Great Place

Brighton Gardens is a beautiful well-maintained facility. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The layout and room floor plan for the one bedroom is perfect for someone transitioning from a home or condo. Smaller scale furniture works best. When your parent moves in be sure to meet with the care managers that day to help smooth the transition. We moved on a weekend and did not do that until a few days later. However, the staff was very responsive and helpful in getting our mother acquainted with other residents and activities. After looking at places in Dunwoody, this was by far the best one.

Great Assisted Living

My mom left an independent living with private care to come here. Of course she preferred care beside her all day than shared care at any assisted living, but the private care was not sustainable financially. The people here are kind and seem to really care. After lots of searching we chose Brighton Dunwoody and are happy with our decision. She is not happy with the change, but that is to be expected.

Nice place, not the best fit for us

My loved one stayed here briefly, and overall I'd say our experience was a positive one. It's a nice looking place, and the staff seemed friendly and professional. My loved one was in the memory care unit, and overall I'd say they did a good job looking out for her. However, the community was just a little too large and busy for her, and we moved her to a smaller place we thought might suit her personality better.

The staff is great

Our Advisor with A Place for Mom Susan Vaccaro was definitely a great help with her referral to Brighton Gardens. My father has settled in nicely under the circumstances. The staff is proactive and try to assist with anything they possibly can. I have become pals with the personal care staff and they have checked on me a couple of times to make sure all is well. The sales team was also great to work with. Dad is not the interactive type so he has not participated in many of the activities offered. He does like the food as well as the company of the 2 gentlemen he eats with. I am very pleased with this community so far.

WONDERFUL place for mom!!

I wish there were 10 stars...I had been a caretaker for my mother for the last three years after we had to take away her car. She wanted to remain at a home as long as she could, and we honored that. I spent one year looking all over alpharetta south to Dunwoody for a place for mom when the time was right. We moved her here in July 2015. I cannot tell you what a godsend this place has been... My mother actually wishes she moved there sooner! From the activities to the food, to the staff to her friends, this is the best place I ever could have imagined for mom... And I looked at over 30 other places...every night my mother tells me what a blessing BG is and how thankful she is to be surrounded by such wonderful people. I cannot tell you how this has transformed all of our lives. I know that my mother "Miss Tricia" is loved and cared for and that she is so happy... What an incredible gift for her golden years...thank you to Niels and your incredible staff team... It is your warmth and care that truly defines this as "home."

Once again a beautiful, tasty meal was served to the residents and their guests at the Valentine's Party on February 13. The dishes were varied and delicious. Thank you, Chef Floyd Stephen and your staff for such a nice party.
As always, thank you to the love and care from all the staff and especially the "caregivers."

Just wonderful

Brighton Gardens is a fantastic place to live. The staff is nice and it creates a calming and relaxing environment.

They have been wonderful.

They have been wonderful. We have been very pleased. There were a couple of activities that got cancelled, which was a little disappointing. Other than that we have been very pleased with them. We liked the overall appearance of the place. It was also in a good location. It's light and airy.

Seemed like a nice place

Very nice place, so far!

My loved one has only been here a short time, but so far I am very impressed by the care and service at Brighton Gardens of Dunwoody! It is a clean, well kept facility, and the staff have all been very warm and welcoming! I really like that they have activities and programs for people at all different levels of dementia/alzheimer's. I also like that they are pet friendly, and even have some pet-based therapy!

Brighton Gardens Dunwoody

The care givers themselves did a great job.
The food was better than at some assisted living facilities, but there is some room for improvement there.

Emphasis is on and for the individual.

Brighton's emphasis is on and all for the individual which was not so much the case when we visited other similar facilities, including the facility mother transferred from. Mother, usually kept mostly to herself in the other facility. Here, you can see the change in her from her smile to her new, upbeat disposition. Brighton's award winning chef is a plus, too. Anyone requiring assisted living would be fortunate to call Brighton Gardens home. Kimberly & Lauren, as well as all their staff, are truly caring professionals exemplifying what we would hope for in assistrd living for our parent (s).

simply wonderful

I really can't think of anything they can do to improve. Especially Marsha, the nurse there. She has been simply wonderful. Everybody there has been really great. I am just very pleased with Brighton Gardens of Dunwoody and would highly recommend them.

Review of Brighton Gardens of Dunwoody Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Atlanta, GA

I love the staff and facility. Clean and well maintained. Plenty of amenities.

They seem to be alert to little details and the little things my mom needs.

The staff is very friendly. They seem to be alert to little details and the little things my mom needs. They have called me at home to let me know of things that they were concerned about and just to follow through. I have sat in on some of the activities and I was impressed. They really worked to get her involved in the activities. The food has been pretty good. What really stood out about them was their variety of activities, and that they seemed to have more caregivers than some of the other places.

They are very, very tidy, the grounds, the rooms, and regular maintenece too

They are very, very tidy, the grounds, the rooms, and regular maintenece too, not only the common areas but the residents rooms as well. The staff is wonderful and very friendly, they are one of the big reasons why I chose them. There is something going on everyday. They have a combination of physical activities as well as trivia games. The food would be a 4.5, she seems to eat pretty well. I think there is a really detailed contracting process to explain everything, it would be nice if it was more clear of what is included in the care packages up front. It's important to go at a couple different times day and really look around and get a feel for the level of the residents to make sure your loved ones will fit in.

Brighton Gardens of Dunwoody

My mother is living in the memory care unit at Brighton Gardens. We are very impressed with the facility and the overall care. Of course, the most important component is the caring staff who genuinely love their work. This is a "hands on" facility with an excellent staff to patient ratio. We visit several times each week and have gotten to know staff as well as many of the other patients and their families. We looked at a variety of places in the Perimeter area and Brighton Gardens clearly had the most comprehensive program. I would recommend them to you without reservation.

DIdn't allow enough secure freedom

She was here for about 9 months, they had the wander guard but it didn't work for my mother at all, it prevented her from going outside at all. She would see people who could go outside and she couldn't be there with them so that would irritate her.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your comments. We’re very sorry to hear about this experience in our community. Please know that we care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents. Please contact us at [removed] so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

3/29: visited. Private and dual rooms...

3/29: visited. Private and dual rooms available. Reminded me of Veranda with low ceilings. On second floor, long linear floor that opened to yard in back (hill). Rooms were nice, overlooking courtyard.

We visited today. Very impressed. S...

We visited today. Very impressed. Some cost concern. Very good location.

Nice director, she gave me a tour.

Nice director, she gave me a tour.

will revisit, they're having incentiv...

will revisit, they're having incentives, a sunrise community, pretty nice

Very pleased with facility, staff, an...

Very pleased with facility, staff, and promotion prices. Excellent location.

Liked it