The property is just what my mom wants smaller, more intimate, with a cozy feeling!!

Superb

My mother lives at Hollander in Sandy Springs and we all love it. Rooms have wonderful natural light and spacious. The staff is remarkable! We could not ask for a better home for our loved one in her golden years.

It is nice and quaint, but could use some updating on the furnishings and decor.

This is a nice place

My mother-in-law has settled in nicely at Hollander Sandy Springs, in fact, she will be moving into a one bedroom from her studio apt which will give her a little more room. She has started to take part in the activities and has even taken a couple of the field trips that they offer their residents. she also likes using the resident doctor there so she does not have to go out to a doctor.
The dining area is very nice and my mother-in-law enjoys the food and the menu. I would recommend Hollander Sandy Springs as the grounds and the community are very nice, well kept with a nice social area and the staff are very friendly as well.

I toured Hollander in September and liked it. It was a nice size but I don't know if it is a licensed assisted living facility.

Not a desirable place to live.

At one time this was a wonderful place. The caring staff isn't there any more. They have cut cost and it shows up in the quality of care which is not up to standards. Residents do not get the care they need. The food is very not good.

I Would Not Recommend This Community To Anyone

I would not recommend this care home to anyone. We did not have a good tour. The director was not informative at all. He could not answer any of my questions. They have a stair case in the building, and it does not have any type of guard to stop you from falling. The rooms were a bit shabby, they weren't very appealing. The community is not marked, so you don't know where your going. It took my a while to find the entrance. There were residents wondering around. This is not a good community.

Ridiculously Unqualified to be an assisted living

Terrible!!! the staff don't work as a team. The management is poor. The Executive director has been changed three different times. Bottom Line is the management fire good staff that attack poor- working staff and its been ridiculously drowning since i took my mum out of that dead facility.
I pray they get better with the management. The Director [Removed] must be working amongst [Removed] team managenent leaders ,who deceive her and dont give her the melt down of the situation of that facility she is probably blind to see what that place has turned into.
Very Unearthing.. [Removed] away from Home!!! Do not go there if you love your loved ones.

Making The Best Of Changes

Transisitons are difficult times. The only problem I have is a bit short staffed nights and weekends but that issue is being resolved. Mom is beyond content there, and has lost a lot of her depression because they are able to keep her active and engaged most of the day. Night time with Alzheimers is what it is. I am glad the staff genuinely care about the residents and are respectful even when being tested to the max. The environment is very much like the home she grew up in and she is very content. High praises for the social director and her volunteers.

The rest are doing the best they can with the diverse levels of care needed and high demands of staff to resident ratios. A big relief for me was Mom thanking me the first night she was there because she had the opportunity to make new friends and live in a dorm type place again. She is so glad not to be the only one in the house with Alzheimers, and is happy being around all the different levels of needs.

4 weeks and things are going well

My bipolar sister only needs monitoring of her meds and is young for the assisted living profile, but she can't manage on her own. Hollander has been very patient and considerate while they help her adjust to and accept group living. It is a homey, caring place and the staff is very professional. They have been flexible in accommodating and providing transportation to medical appointments. Hollander has also suggested additional support that is available from outside organizations to help my sister transition. She is more comfortable every day and her family is relieved to have her in a safe place.

Great Place Overall

They are very, very open and responsive to requests that I have, because I bug them plenty. My loved one is not an easy person to deal with, so they are very patient with her and they do what they can to get her in a good mood. The food is good. One thing I really, really love about the place is that it has a very homey-atmosphere.

They take very good care of mom

We really like Hollander Senior Living & Memory Care. They are really nice. They take very good care of mom. The CNA's are really attentive and helpful to her. She is well cared for and they respond to her needs. The only thing I would say is the food there isn't always to her liking but she is picky. That doesn't stop her from liking the place though. It is a small organization and they are very responsive. I am very pleased.

Phenomenal Community. New ownership has significantly improved the building and the services.

care vs money

We are at the monroe location. This place was wonderful until it was purchased by Hollander. Hollander seems only concerned with profit . Our rates were raised 25% after he purchased this facility. Our rates went up and yet the staff began to quit... lost many staff members that had been at the facility for years and were like family to my mom. Obviously he did not use the rate increase to reward the staff. ..He did put a lot of time and energy in to making cosmetic changes to the facility that were in my opinion not necessary to such a rural environment as this place ..and changes that my mom thought was "utterly ridiculous". Most recently I received my invitation to have Thanksgiving Dinner with my mom..only it was inviting me to pay $10.00 to be able to "give thanks" with my mom. $$$$$$$$ seems to be what the mission statement should be for this company.

Respite break

I placed my mother there for a respite break and she really enjoyed the stay. The place was very clean and the aids assigned to her were very good. I will always use this facility.

I want to give people a heads up, whole focus is the bottom line

I was happy with the prior owner, they would have had a 5 before. They were purchased by a new owner and I don't like the new owner. I want to give people a heads up. His whole focus is the bottom line, and the whole staff either quit or was fired. One of the new staff members that he hired was someone I knew from a previous facility, and she is why we left that one. When they start focusing more on the chandeliers and making look like a five star hotel, they are going in the wrong direction, cause my mom isn't concerned with the chandeliers, and the staff is what is important.

Much older facility but is ...

Much older facility but is now under new management. Liked the feel of the place and decor but needs updating. It was after breakfast so I didnt see many residents. Memory care area was nice but not as nice as some others I've seen.

dark, smells, under constru...

dark, smells, under construction, uneaven flooring, didn't meet any of the staff - other than just saying hello in passing

Very nice energy. A little ...

Very nice energy. A little high considering they aren't the most moder facility, but worth considering.

will visit again it's ok

will visit again it's ok

Hollander Senior Living is an Atlanta based privately owned senior living organization. We are committed to enhancing the lives of those seniors who value their independence yet desire the support and security of a senior living community. Our responsibility includes assisting families in understanding the important aspects of Senior Living and in making those decisions that we understand don’t come easily.We strive to provide support to the resident as well as the family to find the perfect fit that offers a comfortable environment for the resident and peace of mind for their loved ones.