Alto Senior Living of Buckhead - Atlanta, GA

Awesome Visit

Awesome Community!!!! My mother loved it and keeps asking when we are going back to visit. She loved the apartments, the community and felt a warm welcome from the residents and the team. Everyone made her feel like she was at home. We were only there for an hour but she has not stopped talking about the people she met like she has known them for years. We are planning her move in Oct.

To be fair they were going through some transitions, so I probably didn't get an accurate view of things. The apartments were great, though, and the facility seemed nice. The community was out on a field trip and things were in flux for a renovation, so I would like to go back another time. [Removed] was very informative and kind, though, and I appreciated her helpfulness.

Jeffrey Ory

We thank you for your review of our community. We look at each comment as a way to improve. The kind words about the apartments and our team at Charter Senior Living of Buckhead are much appreciated. We do want to offer an invitation to come back in and see the community so that we might be able to provide a better experience for you. While 3 stars is average, we strive for 5 star review each and every time. If there are things we can do better, we welcome that feedback.

The Memory Unit Has A Bad Odor Lingering

The move has been has fine and I like the atmosphere but I have one issue. I don't like the smell at the bottom in the memory care area. It is the first thing I smell when going to the dining room. The kitchen is clean. I have talked to them about it, and they said they would freshen it up but I don't see any efforts and it has not been resolved. The furniture is really old in the memory care, I wish they would be more sensitive and get that area to smell like the level above. Overall he is getting acclimated and they are doing a lot to interact and get him going. They have been keeping me updated with my dad.

Caring people

What impresses me most about Charter is their caring staff. The company motto is "Do the Right Thing," and most of the staff and management take this motto very seriously.

The Memory Care Has Engaging Staff

After my mom's condition changed she went into their memory care. She is doing very fine with such great staff. I like the size of the memory care. It is small with personalized care. The resident have very engaging staff.

My Tour Here

I had a very good tour with a staff member that was knowledgeable and able to give me answers. Everything was fine here but when I saw the apartment it was not meeting our needs for my sister. She needed a large enough apartment.

Nice place

This community was nice and we enjoyed the tour. The staff was very nice and friendly and answered all of our questions. The community looked nice and it smelled clean. There really was nothing wrong with the community.

Needs Better Services!!

Most of the time the community had so many technical problems with their emergency call buttons. I didn't feel that my loved one was secure because the emergency buttons most of the times were unavailable, so she didn't have someone to assist her right away. The meals were not good they didn't have much taste to them. The community was kept clean and some of the staff were nice.

Stay away!

Clearly, the Bickford organization does not live by its advertised values. Not surprisingly, the directors are inept and the personnel turnover makes a McDonald's restaurant look like a stable place. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Time to move/look elsewhere

Most recent reviewer has to be from within the company. One star reviewer prior to that is correct. Most recent Activities director stayed less than 2 months, the few activities posted on calendar for mid Dec through Jan. often not offered, including outings. Executive Director dodges families and answering direct questions, cancelled Jan families meeting, never in building on Sundays. Occupancy has dropped through Dec and January. Meals have been frequently late in Jan due to use of agency cooks when chef has days off. I am looking to move my family member. Good part- remaining residents are lovely people, newest head nurse is smart and honest, and price is lower than most facilities. But you get what you pay for and this is a revolving door in management and key positions. Low low energy,

Keep up the good work Bickford!

I took an unannounced visit to Bickford yesterday as well as other 4-5 star locations listed and I can honestly say I was most impressed with this facility! It was clean, the staff was friendly and the three longtime residents I met on my own were all happy with the location. One of which allowed me to view her own apartment. Reading some of below reviews do not reflect the people I met or the location I visited. Which doesn't say much because one of the other 4-star (Summerset) locations I visited yesterday had mold on the walls and ceilings. And the first room they brought me in to visit had a foul smelling stench that almost brought tears to my eyes. Bickford at Buckhead is by far my front runner for my loved one!

Beware.

Whoever wrote the 5 star review must be an employee trying to get ratings up. Many issues here, go elsewhere. The care by a very few long time CNA's and a good chef is not enough to fix constant turnover of leaders. Poorest of directors now in place, of several who had the job. RN just left ( among many RNs who left). Activities for residents are few and repeated, ask for "calendar". Stop by on a weekend, it's sad.

Leadership Does Not Know How To Manage

This facility has been plagued by a revolving door with staff. The situation is getting worse with an Executive Director who seems to have no knowledge on how to hire qualified staff and who chases away valuable staff who were in place when she arrived. The head nurse has just left and agency staff are used who don't know the residents.
Beware of what is told to perspective residents and families. What may be presented as life at Bickford is not true. There is a reason why the census is so low.

Not Impressed

Took a unannounced visit to see Bickford on a Saturday . We were unimpressed with the two staff members we met . They were very nice, but one of them was so sick with the flu that he had no business being there under any circumstance. Outside areas of memory care had lots of stored poles and construction debris. we found the place very messy and unorganized.

Friendly and communicative staff!

They do a great job at Bickford of Buckhead! It's a clean, well kept community, and the staff are all very friendly. They are particularly good when it comes to staying in touch with families, they really go out of their way to make sure everyone is kept up to date on their loved one's status. They also do a great job with the food, I've tried it myself and was impressed!

Could be a great place, but currently understaffed

They do a lot of things well here, and the staff are friendly, caring, and hardworking. It's an attractive, clean, and well kept facility. Unfortunately they are extremely understaffed, and the care really suffers for it. I really think this could be a wonderful place if they could just get the minimum level of help that they need, the staffing issues are really their only problem.

Very secure - must have key...

Very secure - must have key code to even enter the building. Building seemed very quiet when I was there.

First impressions of Bickford of Buckhead.

The staff at Bickford has continued to impress us daily. Every employee seems to truly love working there - which was very important to us. Sheri Maddox is wonderful in her role as sales director; she was thorough and prompt and enjoyable in all our discussions/transactions. Cheryl Stroud has also been warm and professional and thorough. She, too, responds to our requests and concerns promptly. Every CNA we've met has seemed to truly care about our mother and all the residents - and we've experienced this as late as 2 in the morning.

The facility is attractive and clean and cozy and the recent renovations are lovely. Cheryl and Sheri accommodated our room-specific requests so that our mother could have the things in her room that would make her comfortable and keep the upset of a move from "home" as minimal as possible. So far everything about Bickford has been impressive and has confirmed our decision to move our mother there.

The people attitudes were negative, m...

The people attitudes were negative, manager didn't acknowledge the employees while giving tour.

Nice facility - tour was OK- nice two...

Nice facility - tour was OK- nice two room apartment (720 sq ft) one bedroom not bad (has 2 bathroom doors opening on either side of apartment 400 sq ft)

At Charter Senior Living of Buckhead, residents enjoy an active, engaging lifestyle that promotes wellness and independence. It is our goal to keep our residents linked to resources and opportunities that will fulfill their needs and interests in the Atlanta area. Residents have many opportunities to participate in a variety of life enriching activities and events designed to stimulate the mind, body and soul.

Charter Senior Living of Buckhead's "Legacy Cove" memory care includes a specially designed neighborhood to serve the special needs of individuals living with Alzheimer's disease, dementia and other forms of memory loss. Every day we make it a goal to go above and beyond to enrich the lives of our residents. With our Personal Touch program, we create a specialized, life-enriching environment that affords each individual maximum self-expression. The staff is committed to delivering a quality of care that meets the resident's physical, social, spiritual and emotional needs. Enriching the lives of our residents through new memory care programs, communications, and environment will help grow the family LEGACY at heart!

Caregiving comes in many different faces and services that work together to give the best possible care for each resident to feel loved and cherished! We are all CAREGIVERS at heart!

Our talented team of dedicated and caring staff are there when you need them. It can be different…let us show you how.

Personalized Care