Brighton Gardens of Stamford - Stamford, CT

Very Nice Place

Even though he had decided to keep mom at home we toured this community. It was very nice the people were pleasant and the community looked very well maintained and clean. The staff was helpful in giving us information.

Just Fine and Nice

My loved one is doing just fine at this community. The care is all very nice from our experience.

Tour for care

We toured this community for the care for my mom. The staff were all extremely nice and the value would of been good. The community is newer. It has a nice welcoming feeling. Love the mascot dog. Reviews from residents that live there were very good. The meals are very good with a good variety. They seem to offer good activities. The residents seemed to be very happy. The community area for memory care was a bit confined.

My tour was efficient and I felt the community was fine. From what I saw it is a good facility and I am comfortable every time I visit them. They make time for my visits and have good communication with me so far.

Everybody knows your name!

I really have no complaints from this community. The care towards my mom has been great. The staff are doing a wonderful job with my mom. Mom always has her schedule busy. Mom really likes this community because she knows a few people here.

Not yet!

The tour was okay that we took. The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. We also saw some of the residents out and interacting within the community. We just did not think that this was a good fit.

Closet place to home!

I have not been able to be here personally, but my loved one has had no complaints about the place. Seems that they are taking good care of my loved one. She is enjoying herself, of course it would be better at home, but this is the closet thing to home.

I Took A Tour!!

The Brighton Gardens of Stamford seemed nice from what i saw. The place was clean and maintained well. The chef was very excited to cook and invited me to try their menu. Overall friendly people.

Different Atmosphere, I Had A Good Tour

My tour of this community went pretty well. From what I saw the community looked good. Everything was nice and clean, and well maintained. Every community I visited had a different atmospheres. The staff was nice and friendly. They were informative and answered my questions. It was pleasant tour. This is a nice community with friendly people.

Very nice community!

The community at Brighton Gardens of Stamford offered a very pleasant tour. The community was very nicely kept throughout. The community was not as active with residents as in others we had seen. The community was a little more expensive than what we were looking for. It could be the right fit for someone looking for a more relaxed atmosphere.

The staff are caring and compassionate!!

Things are going well at Brighton Gardens. My dad enjoys the food and they offer wine tasting on Fridays. The staff engage him in a lot of the activities offered. The community is lovely and I would recommend it.

We had such a terrible meeting with their head nurse,

We were going to go here because of their reputation for specializing in memory care. We had such a terrible meeting with their head nurse, that we withdrew our application. The nurse and the director were at odds. They assessment process was abrupt, short, and incomplete.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for sharing a review. Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information[at]SunriseSeniorLiving[dot]com so that we can follow up and learn more. Thank you, Sunrise Team

lovely place

Brighton Gardens of Stamford is a lovely place. It is a nice facility. It is so clean here and the staff are very friendly. This facility is a really good value.

All good intentions - poor experience

Cons: My Mother has been in Brighton Gardens of Stamford for just about a month now. It has not been an overall good experience todate. The nurses did not respond to her medical needs in a professional manner and when they did they gave her the very medication she should NOT have and it made her very ill. The food is well below average but if your parents like white bread, starch, cream and sugar they will enjoy the food. There is a long wait for the food with confusing service. Aids tend to rush through personal care services doing most of the hair combing, washing and dressing to speed up the process but make the resident very dependent and more helpless. Everyone is gotten ready for bed from 7:30-8:30. My mother thinks she is in rehab or a hospital because of this early bed prep, since she normally would be up until 10 at least. Taking vitamins will put you in another price range. Taking your perant to an outside doctor with an aid that goes into the medical office and speaks for your parent will cost $25 per hour door to door. This could add up quickly. They have a medical shuttle which runs only on Mondays with an aid that will walk your parent to the door of medical office and pick then up but an 95 year old needs a personal advocate to speak for them that knows them and does not need to wait on a bus with stops along the way or in an office for quite some time. Women keeps breaking into my Mothers room and yeling at her. Staff doesn't seem to have control of this. Staff perhaps is not well trained.

Pros: The staff is extremely friendly and they really want the residents to have a good experience. It is nicely appointed. The entertainment is very sophisticated at times and at times just fun. The front desk personel are really special people with unlimited patience and compassion. The dog is a nice touch.

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

It was a pretty nice place, and everyone there seemed to be caring enough.

We toured here as we were looking into options. It was a pretty nice place, and everyone there seemed to be caring enough. It's a place I would consider, but we aren't at the point yet. Right now home care is working well.

Brighton Gardens Great Place for your Loved ones.

Brighton Gardens is a wonderful assisted living place. My mother who has Alzheimer's has been there for almost two months and she is doing well. There is a special section just for people with Alzheimers and all of the doors are locked at all times to prevent wandering. There is a beautiful court yard area for her to go in when the weather gets nice. It is fenced in and the gates are also locked. The place and clean and bright.Tthe people are friendly and caring. If there is a problem, whether it be big or small they call right away. The price is reasonable. I know my mother is well cared for. I recommend it highly.

Probably Best for Alzheimer's patients

Much staff turnover, overworked & disgruntled employees, few activities. Emphasis is on appearance vs. patient care.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at [removed] so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Excellent facility, and great care

Brighton Gardens has been a great place, and a wonderful find. We needed care that was above what is normally provided by assisted living, but she was also not quite where she would need nursing home care. We have been able to get exactly what she needs here, and while the cost is higher than a normal assisted living facility it is much less expensive than a nursing home. The care is great, and they are definitely worth a look.

John's room

we were greeted very warmly by Stephanie,permitted to visit the room twice, the answers to our questions were clear, the residents seemed very relaxed, and well groomed, the room for John was been painted ,the bathroom clean; so I am almost sure that I can take John to your facilities

Ex-Marriott facility. Nice 1 bedroom/...

Ex-Marriott facility. Nice 1 bedroom/living room layout. A few extra large 1 bedrooms at the end of each hall. 2 minute stated response time, 2 dogs. 1 seating dining room 5PM dinner, wheelchairs ok. Has a PT room. Green setting off road.

felt the community was a bit fragile....

felt the community was a bit fragile. Too much emphasis on "assisted" instead of independent

Talked to the director of community s...

Talked to the director of community services. She answered most of my questions. Both Brighten and Sunrise sound like good possibilities. I think my mom and dad might like the country setting of Brighten more. Starting rates at about $6100/month with another $630/month additionally for medication care and more if dad is provided with some sort of memory care. I need to find out about financial help as he is a veteran. Also need to ask mom about whether or not they have long term health insurance.

we are still considering Brighton gar...

we are still considering Brighton gardens as the best option in this CT area but they don't have vacancies in the dementia neighborhood.

Very active place with friendly peopl...

Very active place with friendly people. It will be important for mom to find/be introduced to a group of people that have her same independence. Prefer the larger 1 bedroom apartment. Wonderful closets and bathroom. This is community living which we would all have to get interested in. It is directly across from St. Leo's! There are a group of women who attend 11 am Sunday mass. Same group does alot of baking. Wonderful schedule of events, daily etc. Outside speakers, travel both local and a little farther way. Bright area. Can be a little dated but I haven't seen any other places so will comment later. Carpets are cleaned before each new person goes in. Can decorate (including painting and pictures) any way you want.

Brighton Gardens of Stamford is a Sunrise Senior Living community located just minutes from downtown Stamford. Our community is nestled in a beautiful, rural, ten-acre setting surrounded by trees and lovely courtyards. We pride ourselves in our caring, compassionate and experienced support staff, diverse activity programs and community involvement and relationships.

We offer Assisted Living as well as memory care. Our memory care neighborhood is called Reminiscence and is a secured neighborhood designed to create "pleasant days" for our residents with dementia and Alzheimer's.

Discover our beautifully landscaped courtyard and gardens, enjoy our fine cuisine or join in an activity or social group. At Brighton Gardens, we have an abundance of ways to make your life here enjoyable. Here is Assisted Living committed to comfort and care: tastefully appointed apartment-style living, attractive and spacious community areas and daily assistance from an attentive, caring and trained staff. At Brighton Gardens, we take care to consider your needs as well as your wishes.