The Brielle at Seaview - Staten Island, NY

The rooms are a good size and nice. Many activities to sign up for and participate. I did not try the food so I cannot comment on that. Large buildings so there can be walking involved.

It was clean and new but it didn’t have a warm homey feel. The hallways were drap and lackluster and long. The community room was very crowded and small. The receptionist was sitting with her winter coat on which gave a very unwelcoming feeling. [Removed] who gave us a tour was very uninteresting, not excited about the place at all and even mentioned that she was looking for a place for a family member elsewhere not a very good endorsement! This is definitely off my list

Staff Is Wonderful

Both my parents are doing very well they are happy here. Since mom is more physically capable of doing more she is the one that has been participating in the activities and social events however dad is receiving physical therapy on site which is good. Their apartment is very nice it is spacious and very bright with 2 big windows. The staff is wonderful very nice and helpful however since the number of residents is growing they will need to hire additional staffing. There have been some changes in the administration but we are getting over that hurdle. The food is more than likely okay my mom is a good cook so my parents tend to judge it based on her style of cooking. My siblings and I feel our parents are being taken well care of and we have no issues with this community, in fact, we would recommend them.

Father in Law Doing Pretty Well in This Community

My wife, and I am comfortable with my father in law move to this community. He is safe, and they are taking good care of him, and his needs. They have a good staff at this facility. They provide nice meals, and good activities for the residents. Everything has worked out well for us with this community, and I would recommend it.

Not a good place for mom

Place needs to step up to the plate if they think they are like any other assisted living facility. The turn over in management is like every other month!!!! The place is very dirty ... They are open almost two years and only 50 residents!!! The marketing team will say anything to reel people in!!!!

Not Impressed

I recently toured this facility while looking for a place for my grandmother. The receptionist that greeted me was lovely. While waiting in what they call the "pub" area I noticed some staining on the carpet, odd for a place thats been open for just over a year. A red headed woman named [Removed], I believe, was the one who gave us the tour. She was a little pushy and annoying, but no big deal. It was going well, but I noticed that not many people seemed to be around. I asked about recreational activities and if there were any trips. She seemed excited to tell me that they go all over, but when I looked at the activity board all I saw was Tim Hortons and Scenic drive? Really? Other facilities had trips to Atlantic City and more fun and engaging things going on. I also noticed that it seemed no real activities were taking place. There were a few ladies playing cards and what seemed like too many people squished into a small "television room." While walking through the hallway there was a short aide with glasses and dark hair pulled black yelling about who she was showering next and what beds she had made. Very inappropriate and awkward. I denied the tour of the memory care unit as my grandmother is very with it, but from the amount of time I was in the facility it appeared they have a very eclectic group of people living there. Many were very visibly confused and I noted that the nurses were very calm and sweet while assisting them, but it seemed like a red flag to me. From what I gathered from touring over 15 facilities is that assisted livings are more so for the independent and I didn't get that impression from The Brielle. When I heard the pricing, though in our range, it seemed highly over valued. I think The Brielle needs about 2-3 more years before they truly can get it together. They also failed to mentioned that their water system is being treated for Legionnaires disease, I learned that from google...

I felt their pricing for couples was excellent. Seems like they are trying to give them a break. I was a little surprised at how empty this location is despite being open almost 1 year. It seemed very nice. They have different levels of service within the assisted living portion but also have a memory care unit which I believe had room for about 26. Right now due to small numbers everything seems roomy but not sure once the place is filled. Some of the amenities I thought were lacking were no transportation for residents. That being said they do have trips to mall and other shopping excursions, but no on call transportation even at a fee. Also lacked cooking facility in rooms. There is a joint room with microwave which can be used. They do offer kitchenette, with fridge and cupboard space. Rooms are furnished with beds and sitting chair, nice closet. Setting for facility is ideal. Lots of green, pathways to walk outside and a lovely outdoor patio for memory care. I was somewhat concerned that when questioned they couldn't answer if costs would rise or by approximately how much. Seems like they are still in process of getting some licensure. Overall the impression was satisfactory .

Good People At This Community

This is a nice community and the people here are nice and friendly. My mother had a bad fall when she moved to the community. Since her fall she has been in the hospital. I was pleased with the community and everything was nice and clean. The staff was very helpful and did all they can do.

The Brielle at Seaview is a wonderful option on Staten Island. It is cost friendly and there aren't any hidden costs. I wish we had this option in Staten Island a few years ago when I was looking for a family member but had to move them to a New Jersey community. Anyone looking for an affordable option as an alternative for a loved one isolated and living at home should look at this beautiful community.