Located just down the road from Rahway River Park, Atria Cranford is a welcoming community with resort-like amenities and all the comforts of home. Our residents enjoy three full-service dining experiences every day, each offering more than 20 gourmet menu options prepared by our talented culinary team. We also offer a robust calendar of more than 200 social and cultural events each month, including trips to local shopping, restaurants, museums, casinos, sporting events, and New York City. We do the driving so you can simply relax and enjoy.

Along with a selection of private studio and one-bedroom apartments, Atria Cranford provides a range of care services to suit your lifestyle. Whether you prefer independent living or need discreet support, our 24-hour staff will be happy to accommodate your requests. We also offer memory care as part of our innovative Life Guidance® program. Schedule a visit with us today to see more.

They Were Very Informative

I had a talk with the community about their pricing and they turned out to be very expensive. I didn't go into the community after hearing the price. There was no need to put more time touring and I was glad to get the price upfront.

Care for comfort

We are pleased with the care of this great community for We like the caring staff that is always patient and helps out with any changes. The menu is very good and good selection and variety. We like that she is liking the activities and being able to watch the other residents is helping her. We would highly recommend that care and value of the clean and caring community to other families for good care and a nice value

Dad didn't like the atmosphere

We toured this community and my father took an immediate dislike to it. I thought it was okay though. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Atria staff has done a fantastic job getting my mother back to living a full life again. Nurses, aides and all ancillary staff are caring and loving to all the residents. So happy I made the decision to place mom at Atria, Cranford.

Great complex!!

The staff where on time to our appointment of this community and where very welcoming to my loved one and I upon arrival. They gave us a great tour of there facility and showed us all of the different bedrooms and packages they had available. I have very few complaints about our visit, it was just not the right fit for my uncle

Everybody knows your name!

My dad seems to be acclimating very well with this community. He loves the food and the staff. They are doing a wonderful job with him. I just love Brenda she has been very helpful and understanding through this whole process. The community is always very, very clean. I really like that they have a lot of activities and things to do. That was a major thing in me finding a place. They know the residents by there first name which makes me feel good.

Really organized!

The staff at this community is super nice and they are very organized. Everything feels like it just flows together here. The community is always kept clean and neat. They are doing a fantastic job with my loved one. I would defiantly recommend this community to others.

My family and I liked it very much. But most importantly our father liked Atria and we have already made arrangements for him to move in!

I would recommend!

My mom has not been at the community long as she had to leave for a brief stay at the hospital. Since returning though things are going well as the staff are friendly and keep me updated on her progress. While my mother is not a social butterfly there are plenty of activities for her to enjoy. I was able to enjoy a lunch with her when she moved in and we both agree the food is good. The grounds and community are kept clean and beautiful. I am still rating the community but I have not seen anything that would stop me from recommending Atria Cranford to family and friends.

I was impressed how nice it was and it looked like the residents were well cared for.

Excellent Memory Care

If anything needs to be mentioned about the Atria Cranford, I would say something about the memory care facility. I would have to say that the head of the nursing there, Mike, is just an excellent caregiver.

Things are going pretty good

Things are going pretty good. One of the things we are worried about is money. This facility is great and everything, but we are worried about the fact that they don't take Medicaid. In the future, we may have to find a facility that does.

Kate Vance

Thank you for choosing to be a part of the Atria family. Your Executive Director will be in the best position to discuss Medicaid with you and help when you’re ready. If you’d like to share more, I welcome you to reach me directly at [removed].

I met with a different person from Sales, But the department has been quite helpful in getting the information that I requested to me without hassle. The facility was pleasant & is currently undergoing renovation work. I was pleased to see the number of busses from the facility coming & going; they certainly give their residents the opportunity to access their many activities.

This place does not offer Independent Living. Looking for a facility that has Independent Living with transition to Assisted Living. .

So far, so good.

So far, so good. The Atria Cranford is a very nice facility. I think they try to do the best that they can. The only downside is the cost. It is very expensive. I think they should lower the cost. The parking is fine. People are always telling me how good the food is. I would recommend the Atria Cranford to anyone. I can't rate the activities because I am not sure about that area. It is not applicable.

Not Yet Moved In - but have high hopes.

We chose Atria (dementia wing) as it was clean, friendly, had music therapy and many activities to stimulate our Mom. We have not yet moved in so the jury is still out.

very kind and understanding

They were very kind and understanding being that it was such a life changing transition.

If there is anything that could improve it would be the food. The food is fine, nothing to complain about at all, but could be a little better in my opinion.

It has been a really good experience with Atria Cranford. I am very thankful to have my mother there and would highly recommend them.

Friendly, clean & caring

Friendly, clean and caring, the Memory Care unit has many wonderful activities that Mom enjoys. Mom is eating better than she would ever do at home. Physical and mental activities have improved her overall mind, body & spirit.

Atria in Cranford, NJ...a great place for your loved ones.

Atria in Cranford, NJ is a place that cares about the residents, & focuses on meeting their needs. Music abounds, exercise, bingo, billiards & more! The executives run Atria with sensitivity & caring & go out of their way to help the residents adjust & thrive. Drs. come to Atria, & this assists the residents in getting the medical care they need & often have a hard time accessing. The residents can learn to use the computer, & a pastor comes to share the Bible with anyone interested. Various clubs develop to encourage the residents to share their interests with like-minded people, & transportation is provided for off sight shopping opportunities, etc. It has been a joy to see my loved ones adjusting so well to assisted living.!

Very nice looking community

We toured and actually selected this community for my loved one, but unfortunately he passed before he was able to move in. It was a wonderful looking place though, and definitely worth a look for other families looking into options! The staff and the residents were all very friendly, and the facility itself was clean and well kept. They also appeared to have a good variety of activities to keep the residents engaged and entertained!

Nice enough place, didn't work out for us

My loved one was here briefly, but she just wasn't ever able to settle in and enjoy herself. The facility itself was nice enough, it was clean, well kept, and the staff all seemed very friendly. They also always appeared to have a good amount of activities going on. One issue I noticed during her stay here was that the place felt understaffed, sometimes it was difficult to locate someone if you needed assistance.

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our community. I am sorry, however, that your family member was unable to truly enjoy herself and the wonderful things we have to offer here at Atria Cranford. We realize that it is not always an easy transition to make and want to extend our assistance should you need us in the future. Please feel free to reach out via [email protected] and if you include “Atria Cranford” in your subject line, we can quickly include the right people in the correspondence. We wish you the best and are here to help.

We loved it. Very friendly ...

We loved it. Very friendly and socially oriented.

They have been absolutely wonderful.

They have been absolutely wonderful. We absolutely love Atria. They have been very responsive, and attentive. She likes the food here. Everyone has been absolutely wonderful with my mom.

It was wonderful!

It was wonderful! Everyone was very nice. The community is fantastic, very clean, lovely people. The food was very nice. I ate lunch there and had a salad that was very good. I was looking for options for myself and look forward to moving there when I can.

This community is very clean, and the...

This community is very clean, and the staff are all very nice! As for the food, she likes it, so that's good. They could definitely improve on the activities - just providing more of them, as well as a better variety. We chose them because the building itself is very nice, and the staff impressed us with their kindness.

It was a pleasure. Susan H...

It was a pleasure. Susan Hickey was our guide and we found the facility very enjoyable.

Atria at Cranford

So far we've only had a week to form an opinion. They have been extremely friendly and it seems like they are doing everything to be accommodating. Check back in a few months and I'll be able to tell more.

Good overall

The location was very convenient for what we were needing, which was a big factor in why we chose it. Overall the staff and care services were good, the community could use some improvement in the quality/amount of the activities they provide. I am very familiar with the industry and pricing in the area, and this community is one of the more expensive ones.

Very nice, but not the best we saw

This was a nice looking community that we toured when we were looking around for options for Mom. It looked and smelled clean, which is always a plus for these places. The staff was friendly during our tour. They seemed to have plenty of activities, although not as many as some that we visited.

Seemed nice, but not for us

We toured this location when we were looking for somewhere for my Mom. It seemed like a nice, well-run facility, but it was just too big for us. I felt like Mom would be overwhelmed.

Mom is doing well here

We liked what we saw of this community. The atmosphere was pleasant, and the staff during the tour were helpful and friendly. We also like the layout of the community, and the amenities provided. They have plenty of activities, and although Mom is not much a social person, she is starting to get involved with some of them.
Mom has had some complaints about the food, but nothing major.

Atria Cranford

I chose Atria for my 92 year old father after thoroughly reviewing four other assisted living facilities including Sunrise in Westfield, Sunrise in Mountainside, Brandywine in Watchung, and Winchester Gardens. All five seem to be nice facilities. I chose Atria because it edged out the others in cleanliness (including smell) and maintenance of the facility. It was significantly better than the others in terms of my perception of "engagement" of the staff. Everyone seemed to be very active. There always seems to be something happening and the environment seems to be very social. Atria has very large "public" rooms where lots elders can get together and watch television, play cards, play bingo, or be entertained by providers.

All of these facilities are significantly more expensive than what my father is accustomed to paying in another state. For New Jersey, however, it is comparable to the other four.

Very pleased with Atria

Mom is happy here so far! The staff has been extremely friendly, and very warm and welcoming. They're on top of everything they need to be to keep the residents safe and happy, which is a big plus for me.
Mom is also very happy with the food. I recently attended a holiday event and was impressed with the food as well.
The activities are very good, but they could use a few more social hour type events, with differing schedules, for those that keep slightly odd hours.

The Atria, Cranford, NJ

They worked with us hand in hand and continue to still do so. They are family oriented, friendly, polite and have plenty of activities for their residents. I highly recommend.

Not What We Expected

We ended up picking Atria because we thought the facility looked the best and cleanest and all and seemed affordable. We also we had talked to them about running out of money and Medicaid and they assured us that they don't throw anybody out and they wold find a way to make it work. We were really optimistic about moving mom in there.

Now she's been there a few months and it's been a very difficult adjustment. We were surprised because mom is pretty sociable and she was open to the idea of moving because she wanted to be around more people. She's still ad very poorly. They have a lot of act but unless you're a self starter it's not going to work. There is nobody that's helping her get integrated. There are aids and things that are helpful but there is no one that takes you under their wing and orients you.

There was a mouse in her room and ants. We alerted the executive director and it was promptly addressed. Our biggest concern is that her medications are changing and nobody told us. They're supposed to call us but the way we're finding out about is on the bill when there are medications we don't recognize. Recently there were two new pills on including one for diabetes and she doesn't have diabetes. We finally reached someone there and she said the doctor assessed her with diabetes last month. No one contacts us! That's a pretty significant change in her health record that we need to know about.

The place is beautiful and they've got a lot of things going on but the level of the individual patient care doesn't seem to be what we expected.

Kate Vance

We appreciate your feedback and do hope the concerns expressed in your review have been addressed. We welcome the opportunity to discuss your mother’s experience so that we can ensure that we are continually exceeding the expectations of our residents and visitors. If you are willing to provide us with an update, please email [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Met with Susan Hickey on 7/...

Met with Susan Hickey on 7/24. This place seems ok if we need to bring Mom up and we don't have a better option. But lack of attractive grounds seems like it will be a drawback for Mom, and Mom will probably prefer a younger, healthier demographic.

LaDawn K.

We appreciate your review and I would like to address the concerns you mention. Although our property is not large, we do have a beautiful backyard courtyard that many of our residents enjoy. And it’s unfortunate that you were not able to meet our most active residents, likely because they were out on one of our many weekly excursions such as shopping, sightseeing, cultural trips to museums and theatre in New York City, sporting events and trips to the Atlantic City Casinos, to name a few. We are happy to send you a calendar of events any time, or you may sign up to receive a monthly link via email on our website at www.atriacranford.com. I encourage you to contact us with any questions at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Much too expensive and in a...

Much too expensive and in a high tax state

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. I would like to address your concerns about the cost and taxes. Our monthly rent is generally competitive compared to other assisted living locations nearby. Our rates include three full-service dining experiences every day with more than 20 gourmet menu options, a cafe with complimentary snacks and beverages, a robust calendar of more than 200 events each month (including trips to local shopping, restaurants, museums, casinos, sporting events, and New York City), scheduled transportation, and other amenities such as a theater, library, and cozy fireplace. Our community is also pet friendly. Residents rent on a month-to-month basis and are not affected by the high real estate taxes. If we can answer further questions, please contact us at [removed] and please include the Atria community name in the subject line.

Loved this place. I should get a room...

Loved this place. I should get a room for MYSELF there. Happy residents and a happy, capable staff. I was introduced to most of the women in the nursing dept.

in commercial business park, nice ins...

in commercial business park, nice inside, 2 years fund depletion,

Very nice facility, staff, program.

Very nice facility, staff, program.

Very well organized. Very Clean and c...

Very well organized. Very Clean and convenient.

I think next step is to take mom to v...

I think next step is to take mom to visit

Larger facility 201 patients/clients,...

Larger facility 201 patients/clients, very nice, very friendly staff, very clean, very inviting, very pleased. Can see my mother staying here for respite.

Largest floor plan is 672 SF, one BR ...

Largest floor plan is 672 SF, one BR and LR w bath, no kitchen. Looks high quality, judging from the website.

this place was definitely very nice a...

this place was definitely very nice and location is excellent -I have concerns about the cost and that would be something I would like to discuss with the person in charge of the financing.