Village Walk at Patchogue - Patchogue, NY

Village Walk at Patchogue - Patchogue, NY has yet not published prices.

This facility has been open about a year from the time of my visit. The location is d in the heart of the village of Patchogue, a plus or a minus, depending on your point of view. The person who gave me the tour was an LPN, and truly understood the ins and outs of making the best fit for my Dad, and the family as a whole. I felt confident that this was a good fit for him. Especially after meeting the maintenance director who was enthused about the new men's club for the residents. The director provides activities support for the group. He explained that the activities would be tailored to each residents ability level, and that the staff would work closely with the "guys". This is the place for Dad.

Sandy Pennington

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we work to provide the best resident and guest experience each and every day. We hope that Village Walk at Patchogue can be the home for your father. Thank you again.

Horrible

Horrible. If zero were a possibility that's what I would choose. Nothing but liars.
This review & the issues will not be in sequence, but I have to get it out here. The public needs to be made aware that this place, new that it is, has no freaking clue what they are doing or just simply don't care. So please, just bear with me, again, the issues here are not in sequence.
Let me start with the fact that this is for the memory care section. This particular home likes to have a "round table" kind of chat. That's where the heads of each department sit together and discuss issues. It's also the way they meet the family members to discuss the needs of the resident. They also try to use it to intimidate the family members when they don't want to do what the sales person promised would be done.
The sales person comes off being all sweet, caring and concerned and gives you all the answers you want to hear. You pay your thousands of dollars for your community fee and monthly fee, get your loved one all settled in, thinking they'll be safe and checked up on, NOT! Thank god for a camera we put in her room. On her 3rd day of being there she was on the floor yelling for help for OVER AN HOUR!!! We were at lunch and hadn't looked at the camera but afterward we looked to check on her. Saw her on the floor and called them right away. Then, went back and checked the recording. Over an hour on the floor, yelling for help. Yes we had sound and video on the camera with their approval. Thankfully she was okay.
We were told by the sales person and the nurse who came to do the evaluation of my family member that she would be checked on every hour. Lies. The head nurse advised us, after we paid and my family member was all moved in, that would be incorrect and the least amount of time would be every two hours. I might add, he was not a very nice person and the every two hours was a lie as well. We even got to the point of having the aides sign a sheet every time they checked on her. The sheet was signed when no one actually checked.
The doors to the residents rooms are kept open. Not just unlocked, open. They don't have enough staff to watch the residents so they leave the doors open for the residents to come and go as they please, even when it's not their room. We were told its easier for the aides to get in as well. Again, this is the memory care of the residence. Dementia and Alzheimer patients are not always accommodating and sometimes downright combative. Some of the residents here would go into other rooms and take what they want and try to enforce what they thought to be the "rule." My 96 year old, 98 pound, family member was so afraid of things that went on there that she would actually pull furniture to block they door so that no one could get in. Luckily the furniture she was given by us was wicker and light enough to be pushed open.
The maintenance people don't know how to hang a picture and yet they insist it be them who do it. Either too high, too low or just plain crooked. Let's not even talk about hanging a tv.
The room was nice, a 1 bedroom. They neglected to tell us the room was right over a bar. A bar with outside TV's. Thankfully my family member was hard of hearing but the noise was unbearable and was all night long. We have it on tape.
We were also told that if my family member moved out within 30 days, she would get her community fee back. That too, was a lie. Shame on us for trusting the sales person.
There is so much more but I just can't. I feel my blood pressure rising as I type.

Sandy Pennington

We are very sorry your experience did not meet your expectations. We would welcome the opportunity to have a discussion so that we can better understand and address the concerns. Please contact Tanya Tolley, Director of Operations Management at [removed].

Horrible care for the dementia patients

I brought my mom here for 10 day respite. She has dementia and was placed on the 5th floor memory care. I was assured there would be plenty of activities, there was nothing going on on the 5th floor even though the activities calendar said there was. On the 3rd day I received a call that she fell - the night aide left her socks on and she slipped while she was in the bathroom! Thank goodness she didn't break anything. I was also told they had an enhanced license and would take extra care of my mom since she has add'l medical requirements. After meeting with the director and nurses they told me they would move her to the 4th floor where there was much more activities. I decided to extend her stay. However, when I went to check on her later that day she was needing to be changed and had a large red rash. I took her home immediately. No one ever bothered to call me to see how she was doing. The assisted living area may be well managed but the memory care is horrible.

Sandy Pennington

Thank you for providing us with this valuable feedback. We would welcome the opportunity to have a discussion so that we can better understand and address the concerns. Please feel free to contact Christine DeLeo, Executive Director at [removed]. Your feedback is important so that we can meet and exceed expectations.

Review of Village Walk

I think everyone should enjoy the peace of Village Walk. The pleasant surroundings, helpful people and entertaining activities such as balloon volleyball and art. Are a great asset to the community. I feel at home at Village Walk.

Sandy Pennington

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. Ensuring the satisfaction of all residents is our goal. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we work to provide the best resident experience each and every day.

Wonderful Place! Caring and exceptional staff!

We recently celebrated our Aunt [name removed] 99th Birthday at the Village Walk Senior Living in Patchogue, NY where she is a resident. Our praises go out the entire staff who took the time to make sure this celebration was very special for her, our family and guests. Also, from the moment we met the Village Walk Management to the very first day our Aunt arrived, the people working at the Village Walk have been always caring and professional. To all those at the Village Walk in Patchogue, we once again want to thank you for being an exceptional group of people who are dedicated to the comfort, health and happiness of all the residents. Best of all, we know that our aunt is extremely happy in this very warm and caring environment.

Sandy Pennington

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Ensuring the satisfaction of all residents and their families is our goal. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we work to provide the best resident experience each and every day.

Review of Village Walk

I was born here, Patchogue is my home. Everything is great here, everything we need is here and available to us.

Sandy Pennington

We appreciate your taking time to provide your feedback. This feedback is encouraging as we work to provide an outstanding experience for our residents and guests every day.

Review of Village Walk

Everything that is done is excellent. No complaints.

Review of Village Walk

Excellent services. Wonderful people who work here.

Review of Village Walk

This is a friendly community where the management is interested in how the residents are doing. Exercise and recreation have a high priority. The meals are varied and good.

Sandy Pennington

Place was great. [Name removed] was very helpful. Price was good. Room size was large compared to other places. Very secure.