Sunrise on Vernier - Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

My Mother is Doing Pretty Well at This Community

My mother is doing pretty good here at this community. So far everything is working out very well, and I'am pleased with her move here. The community is well maintained. They do a good job with keeping her room and the facility nice and clean. The staff is good, they are very attentive to my mother and her needs. There are a few activities available for the residents. She is pleased with the meals. I know she is safe and receiving good care here. This is community I would recommend, it is a nice place.

A place were your love one can reside in dignity. The facility is very clean and spacious.

Great Staff, Very Friendly

My tour of this community was very good. I really enjoyed my tour guide, she was very kind and sweet. She showed me all around the community. Everything looked great, and very nice and clean. The staff I came across was very courteous and helpful. They were very informative and kind. This is a lovely community with a great staff.

I give Sunrise on Vernier 5 stars!!!!

My mom was doing well at this community before her fall. The staff were quick to respond when this happened. The community is kept very clean and I would recommend it. She likes the food and participating in some of the activities offered.

Sunrise Experience

The staff at Sunrise on Vernier is truly caring. They are kind, competent, and attentive. From day one, I knew that my dad was in good hands. I was really worried about having to put him in a facility, but I have no regrets. He is receiving the best care possible, short of actually being at home. I would highly recommend Sunrise to anyone looking for a place for their loved one to call home when the demands imposed by their condition make staying at home impossible.

Excellent staff

I think the staff is wonderful , they update things and fix things on time. Staff communicates with me so i don't have to worry about my mother in law. VERY GRATEFUL for the staff.

Pretty good community

My Mom has been a resident at Sunrise on Vernier for a short time. Overall it seems like a good community. The food is good and they do have a choice of 2-3 items on the menu each day. The staff seems very friendly and the community is very secure. The staff to resident ratio seems acceptable.

Toured this facility on Sunday. It has the same Director as Sunrise of GPW. This is strictly memory care and I dont feel she needs just that right now. I believe the AL is the road to start with and see how she progresses.

Excellent Respite Care Experience

My mother spent 3 weeks for respite care so that my family and I could go away for a much needed vacation. I was very pleased with the care she received in the first floor assisted living area. The staff was personable, compassionate and caring. My mother thrived in the new surroundings, her visitors were welcomed and everything possible was done to ensure her happiness and to put my mind as ease while we were away. I would definitely use their services again.

Very nice looking place

We toured this place when we were looking into options for my loved one. This place looked amazing, it was beautiful and clean, and the staff were all very friendly. However we just didn't feel like it would have been a good fit for Dad, it was a bit too "elegant". We were looking for something more homey and simple.

Director said that the Venier place s...

Director said that the Venier place specializes in memory care. They have what they call Terrace Club which is a step inbetween assisted living and full care.

The moment you enter Sunrise on Vernier you feel like you’ve come home. From the homelike environment to the caring and compassionate staff, Sunrise on Vernier offers specialized services to meet the unique physical, emotional and spiritual needs of seniors requiring assistance and individuals with memory care needs.

Our community has three neighborhoods uniquely designed to provide just the right amount of support and care with:

day-to-day tasks