Sunrise of Grosse Pointe Woods - Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

Eleanor from California to Michigan

I contacted Place for Mom via computer and was very pleased with the response I got. We wanted to relocate my sister in law, of whom recently lost her husband, in CAlifornia and bring her to Michigan. We had several places call and send email for us to visit, and we did visit about 6 places in our area. We were very impressed with Sunrise as it was a nation wide facility. They offer several things to keep their minds active but it is up to the individual to cooperate and join in.
I highly recommend Place for Mom.

My father's care

I was not happy with the care here for my father. The price was at and they did not check on my father often. There was little contact. They are unstaffed. They need a lot more staff for each patient. The meals were offered. I would suggest other families take a tour of this community for the care and the cost of the care.

Sunrise Senior Living

My Friend Loves It Here

My friend loves it here at this community. It is truly and beautiful community. Everything looks very nice and clean. It is a bit expensive, but you get what you pay for. They have a very good staff here, they are taking good care of my friend and her needs. Everybody is very kind and friendly. This community has worked out well for my friend.

mother really enjoys it

My mother enjoys being there at Sunrise of Grosse Pointe Woods. The food is very good and they have very good activities for the senior residents, getting them involved in various things, taking them on trips, etc. She really enjoys the happy hour they have there. The place is very clean and has a warm welcoming feel to it. It's been a very positive experience and I would highly recommend them.

Toured this site on Sunday. Really like it. My brother needs to get my Mom over there for a tour and assessment. hoping it will happen this week. There is only 1 unit available in AL.

I cannot begin to express h...

I cannot begin to express how wonderful this facility was for my father!!! It wasn't just about another resident paying for a bed. It was about my father and his family. It was about personalized attention and care to his needs and adjusting the care to what he needed, when he needed it. Every single person at Sunrise was phenomenal.

Very nice place

We toured this place when we were looking into options for my loved one. This place looked amazing, it was beautiful and clean, and the staff were all very friendly. However we just didn't feel like it would have been a good fit for Dad, it was a bit too "elegant". We were looking for something more homey and simple.

Seemed like a well-organize...

Seemed like a well-organized, well-maintained home. I didn't see anything amiss. Staff appeared to be very friendly and helpful. Offer all services. Pretty good location. Rather expensive.

Met with staff and tour...

Met with staff and tour the facility. Nice setup and RN on site seems knowledgable. Only negative is distance from Detroit. Doubtful anyone would visit and doc visited to offices in Detroit would be tough

Big facility spread over 2 stories. ...

Big facility spread over 2 stories. Seperate memory care section. Clean. Freindly staff. Lots of activities asnd social gatherings.