St Joseph's Manor - Detroit, MI

Older adults requiring long-term care will find a welcoming home-like haven at Holy Redeemer St. Joseph Manor. Our beautiful facility is home to 296 residents. Our private resident rooms and spacious, sun-filled living areas are designed to maximize privacy, safety and social opportunities. And, our close proximity to Holy Redeemer Hospital and its physician offices offers convenience and peace of mind for residents. Our compassionate nurses and staff care for residents with dignity and respect and help them to function to their fullest potential. Manor staff subscribe to the Eden Philosophy of care – a belief that emotional, intellectual and spiritual growth are lifelong processes. Holy Redeemer St. Joseph Manor offers each resident opportunity for community, creativity and self-reliance to the greatest extent possible.

Gave me a bad feeling

There is much updating on the appearance that needs to be done to this property. The overall look of it is outdated. The property itself was not clean in its appearance. I found it far too expensive for what they offered and when I was there I did not feel comfortable it was not a welcoming environment.

Management unprofessional.
Lack of staff to resident ratio
Lack of attentive and caring staff
Cleanness of rooms
Non - Nutritional meals
Facility in need of renovation!

Staff Need To Be More Accommodating!!

The St Joseph's Manor I feel could use some work. The staff is friendly, but not as helpful as we would like. My loved one has to request things a few times for them to do it. They also don't provide free transportation to appointments, or errands the residents may need to run. They have one driver and there is a fee to be able to use the service. The maintenance has lost my loved one's clothes before, so I usually just take them home to was myself. The meals could use some improvement as well.

Review of St Joseph's Manor - Detroit, MI

We were forced to move here due to circumstances beyond our control with family. It started off well but after their director left everything went downhill fast. Went from good to bad to worse. Very high turn over rate of employees. The people who work there would say she was kinda mean. But hey .. Turns out she was the glue that kept everything and everyone inline around there. Now its nothing but bad attitudes mainly with a few good people sprinkled in who actually do their jobs. You talk with management and were always asking them what can we do to make things better for our Ma Instead it should be the other way around. They should be constantly asking us - what can THEY do to make things better for our Ma By the way the food is edible jus ok. Sad the place is not totally bad there are good many points just hard to see. Our mother is not happy... And Yess we are moving out

A warm and very friendly facility.

This place is great for very active and visual seniors. The only reason my mother could not stay at St. Joseph was her visual impairment, which requires her to need more attention than the other residents. My mother loved the staff that she met, especially Susan and they seemed to like her.

The location was perfect, in Detroit.

Caring for Christine

The staff really cares about there residents. They make sure my grandma gets involved with arts and grafts, movies and popcorn to right down just saying goodnight to her everyday,with home cook meals. This place is great

broke loose

He was only at St Josephs a day and broke loose. We really liked it there but he is very combative. He is like a 20 year old with Alzheimer's if you can imagine that. It just wasn't a good fit for him here. There was nothing on their part. It was him. The lady in charge was really nice.

The best part about this place is Ms. Susan. She is such a sweetheart.

Very friendly people!

They do a good job overall at St. Joseph's Manor, the staff here is very friendly and helpful! All of my various family members who have visited have commented on how kind and courteous the staff are! However, I do think they could be a little more attentive when it comes to the cleaning, somtimes it is obvious they go a day or two between trash pickups/sweepings. But otherwise this is a very nice place, and I highly recommend it!

She was very unhappy.

There have been a few complaints. The room is not very clean, and the carpet was not clean, you could see stains and spills. They never cleaned it before she moved in. The lock on the door is kind of finicky and you have to fiddle with it for a while. She was very unhappy. Some of the people are pretty friendly, and she really enjoyed, and some not so much. They have nice church services. The biggest issue was that it was not clean.

This place was very much an institution. The residents here looked sad and depressing. The facility itself is dingy and in need of upkeep. Residents are not provided with individual apartments, instead they are given rooms with a shared bathroom. I found this shocking since the rent was comparable to CCRCs with apartments. While the staff seemed VERY nice and charitable, I couldn't distinguish this place from an old school nursing home.

Sounds very nice & can accommodate al...

Sounds very nice & can accommodate all levels of care.