American House Cottage Senior Living - Grosse Pointe Farms, MI

Great Location !!

Upon arrival at this community for our tour the staff made sure to greet us in a timely manor with welcoming smiles. They gave us a detailed tour with lots of great information about the facility. This place was just very costly and way over priced in my opinion for a retired community.

Grandma is happy!

My grandma is doing wonderful, since moving into American House Cottage Senior Living. I am pleased with the care and communication that the staff offer. The community offers frequent activities for the residents to enjoy. My grandma enjoys the variety of food choices.

A short stay

My brother was the guest at American House. He stayed four days as a trial visit. He was not comfortable there and left after four days. He has lived alone all his 94 years, and just could not adjust to group living. The family did not have a concern about the facilities, we did however question the confusion about his name. His name is Henry and his ID listed his name as Harvey. When I question it at the administration office they also had it wrong. This kind of mix up has the potential to cause problems. He was also upset that when they did get it straight, he was called Mr. Henry which of course he is not If there was a Mr. Henry at AH this also could cause a med. error.
He is living at home with the assistance of in home care.