Sunrise on Providence - Charlotte, NC

The layout was confusing, even for me. I can't help but wonder how it would be for someone with Alzheimer's to try and find their own room, even with the picture boxes. The over all lighting seemed dark. The upper levels were bright and cheery alone with the staff.

love this place! the initial estimate was out of our price range, but the sales director worked with us to fit in with our budget

Lovely facility. Well maintained and residents appear well cared for. Rooms where large and that is reflected in the pricing. I think the size of the residence would overwhelm my mother.

Director of Sales very knowledgeable and helpful. Staff very courteous. Two people eating lunch came up and told me how good the food was and how well they were taken care of. This was the first facility we've toured and Mom may be more suited to an independent living arrangement at this time. Good info to have when assisted living becomes necessary.

Oversold Themselves

We are not having a good experience in this community. They really oversold themselves. They have not followed through with many of the things they promised us in the beginning. They are slow to respond with help if the someone needs it. I will be considering other options for my mother, and her needs overall.

Sunrise Senior Living

I Valued the Tour

I thought I had a great tour of the community. It was helpful to have this set up for a tour. After considering my options, this was not going to work within our budget.

A place where elderly are well cared for!

My parents have lived here for 3 months after moving here from a similar facility in florida. Having spent much time in long term care facilities in both Florida and new York, I have to say I've been very pleased with the care my parents are receiving at Sunrise on Providence. My parents receive different levels of care where my father is mainly independent while my mother requires more hands on care.
I have been there at many different times on both weekdays and weekends and have been generally impressed with the care and respect I've seen all residents get. The place is kept clean and inviting and all staff from maintainence to caregivers, nurses and even executive staff go out of their way to help and care for the residents. The food is pretty good for an institution and they try to involve residents in activities. When something isn't right, they make a prompt effort to fix it. I feel that they genuinely care about the residents, and though I usually visit a couple times a week, was very pleased to find my parents well cared for when I was away for several weeks.

Worst PLace

This is the worst place..my friend has been here for awhile. Everyone here is so unhappy. The staff changes every week. I wouldn't let my family live here.

BEWARE~....they have been turned into the state and DSS.

In love!

We fell in love with this place. They are top notch compared to the other communities that I have visited. The food is great and my loved one enjoys it. They always keep the community clean and neat. They really do go above and beyond for the residents.

My mother is so much happier since she moves in to SUNRISE Site .she participates in activities everyday.She is even playing BINGO which she swore she would never do.All of the staff has been professional and helpful.Her room fits her noons perfectly

Really on top of things here

I think they do a very nice job at Sunrise on Providence. The people here are friendly, professional, and really on top of things when it comes to care. I like that they push Dad to get involved in activities instead of just sitting in his room all day. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the residents all seem well cared for.

Well maintained friendly staff

Very nice place

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Sunrise on Providence! It's a clean, nice looking facility, and the staff all seem very friendly and caring. My loved one has settled in well, and really seems to be happy here!

Surise on Providence

We are totally pleased with everything and everyone at Sunrise on Providence. My mother has been living alone for the last 21 years and giving up her independence was going to be tough.

Nick Odle and staff made it an easy transition.

Devoted to their residents and always ensuring quality

I ultimately decided on Sunrise on Providence because the staff is very devoted to their residents and always ensuring that they maintain a good quality community. Overall I would say they are doing a good job.

Love the look of the place...old Victorian style with porches. I was impressed with the Memory Care unit. Good tour, activities were underway, they have a nice patio/outdoor area. The facility was clean and carpets clean. I would consider this property for mom.

An Excellent Choice

We are very pleased. It has been a good experience, the move over there went well. It was an adjustment, because she is use to living independently and now it is assisted living. It has just been a month, from what we have seen we are very pleased. It is an adjustment period, but my mother seems happy. They have all been very, very kind and very cooperative. Sunrise is an excellent choice. It's not too large, like a clinical place.

This facilty was nice but we rated it fourth for two reasons. The cost were too high and when we checked ther inspection history, they had several issues identified with penalties.

Friendly, caring staff

Overall I think they do a great job at Sunrise of Providence. The staff here are kind, caring, and patient, and they do a great job looking out for the people who live here. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they've got a lot to provide for the residents. I do think it would be helpful if they had a social worker on staff, however. I've found it can be hard to get a hold of the right person when you come to them with an issue.

Happy

We were very please with the care our dad received at Sunrise on Providence. The people are so friendly and caring.

Very happy!

Sunrise on Providence has done a great job, we're very pleased with the experience. The facility is well kept and clean, the staff are friendly, and they take excellent care of the people who live here!

Nice place, overall!

I think things have gone very well overall at Sunrise on Providence! It's a nice looking place, and always very clean. They really try to be inclusive of their new residents, and I appreciate all the effort the staff put in to making my loved one feel at home. However, the food could use a lot of work. They don't have a lot in terms of selection, and the meal times can be very restrictive.

Very nice place

My loved one has been here for around a year, and they've done a great job overall! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff are patient and professional.

Prices are high here. A st...

Prices are high here. A studio of about 300 sq. feet runs about $3660 per month. A larger studio runs $4050. A one-bedroom would be $3750-$4650. This does not include care costs which range from $527-$2480 in additional fees. The 'membership' fee is $2000 and is charged only once.

Absolutely magnificent!

I toured this community while I was looking into care options for my loved one, and I was blown away by this place! I toured quite a few locations during the search and this one was absolutely the best that I saw. The facility itself was well kept, clean, and beautiful. The staff were all very friendly, kind, and obviously cared a lot about the residents. Unfortunately this facilty turned out not to be an option for us due to distance, but I would definitely recommend taking a look at this place to others!

Toured on Tuesday 25 Feb; o...

Toured on Tuesday 25 Feb; of the 9 properties we have toured in Charlotte area through 26 February, Sunrise is the best; great floorplan with short halls leading to central area, numerous sitting/gathering areas through out the building, not just on first floor, bright and sunny due to skylights on 2nd floor and high ceilings and windows in many rooms.

Very Expensive

Very expensive. Lots of staff turnover. They charge you for services that they don't actually deliver. Once you move in, the prices will keep going up. The company has become the epitome of corporate greed. New Director is extremely unprofessional & heartless.

Bad parking. Great homey fe...

Bad parking. Great homey feel. Calm atmosphere. Director was awesome. Smaller rooms. Dedicated CNA. Activities for men. Many activities during the day.

felt like home...more expensive...mus...

felt like home...more expensive...must go with smallest room...x shaped building, public space, library, sitting room in each area, where the x crosses is a larg living room area...groups of people in all areas...all happy, very friendly, lots of cna's around...smelled popcorn when entered...menu in dining room...front porch with smoking area, did not get to meet the house pets...dog and cats...it really felt welcoming and like home to date this would be my first choice but it is slightly above our budget...

Nicest of facilities. Same concerns ...

Nicest of facilities. Same concerns on add ons, but otherwise really liked this place.

Very nice facility 3 resident cats. S...

Very nice facility 3 resident cats. Studio and 1 br nice size with kitchettes. right around corner from Carriage Club.