Brookdale Carriage Club Providence - Charlotte, NC

There was a light and positive energy here. Facilities are updated. There are solutions to a possibly long walk to the main building, maybe a electric scooter. I think it might be helpful to add automatic doors on the public restrooms. My mother could not handle the door and a walker herself.

I thought for Alzheimer's care it was just o.k. However, they group all their levels of care into one group. For beginning Alzheimer's care it would not be my first choice. For middle to more advanced I think it would be a good fit. I will be checking out their other location with has separate wings for the different stages of the disease.

we liked the facility and services offered. The villa is a great size but it is not connected to the dinning/club so it requires traveling by car/van/foot to eat meals or participate. The apartment layout is not as nice or spacious as the villa. The cost includes 25 meals. Not necessary for my parents.

[Removed]on you brookdale!

My parent has been a living in AL for over two years & seen a drastic change in every element in assisted living. Started out efficient, plenty of oversight, good personnel, great food, cleaning, laundry, etc. not one complaint to the absolute opposite! [Removed] issues, unable to find, call or depend on help. Numbers of support are less than half of 2 years ago. Filthy, terrible food & the biggest waste of money ever seen. They should be ashamed of themselves at what the facility has become! Trying to find another place.

[Removed]was so sweet! Spent almost 2 hrs with us. Tons of info & tour was very informative. Love the old trees& walking trails, the activity lists, size of apartment. Clubhouse was impressive. Mom less then thrilled with cost but we will continue with the indoctrination & as she educates hope will accept the ranges better. Stays on the potential list! I love all levels in same place so if accident rehab handy!

Comfortable With My Fathers Move Here

This community so far had been a good move for my mother, and her needs. This is nice, safe community, and I'am comfortable with his move here. The staff is kind, and have been helpful whenever needed. With their help the transition was easier. The community looks good, they do a good job with the cleanliness. Everything has worked out well for us in this facility, and I would recommend it.

Options for dad

We toured this community for care. The community needs to be updated. The community is clean and the rooms are big. They do have a lot of options of care that is provided. We would recommend this community for the care of other families for the care of a loved one.

The tour was very informative and provided the just the visual data that I was looking for. The facility has a lot of things that I was looking for in my next home. The age of the facility is the only negative. It would require a investment on my part to bring it up to my standards. I will continue to look for a place that has the same amenities but is more up to date.

We Like Our Apartment Most

My wife and I are living her and we feel like they were a good pick for us. We like the great dinners we eat and our apartment is the main thing we like. It has a balcony that overlooks the lake with trees. This is a wooded campus and one can even see squirrels. The staff are good too.

Too Large Of A Community

When touring this community we thought my mother in law would get a little overwhelmed by living here. We found it to be large and too busy for her. There seemed to be quite a lot of residents around all doing something. However, the staff was nice and helpful gave us good information.

Liked the people and staff. The place was a little outdated. Too far for us.

Nice Tour Overall

My brother in law, and step mother toured this community for her, and her needs. From what he told me their tour went well overall. This was one of her top picks. The apartment they were shown was nice looking. The experience went well, but we did find a community that suited our needs better.

Not Impressed

I was not impressed with my tour of this community. The person we toured the community was [Removed]. I felt like this was more of a nursing home. From my tour I knew that this was not the facility for my mother, and her needs.

Incredible Community

This is an excellent community. Unfortunately due to my mother's health problems she was only at this community for 30 hours. She had an accident, and was sent to the hospital. Due to the fact she will be needing more care than they are able to provide, she will be moving into a long term community. Our experience with this community was amazing. Everything about this great. The staff is wonderful, they were very kind. I would give this community the highest ratings in everything.

Excellent Facility

Excellent community. Very helpful during the site visit, sign up, and move-in

A Campus-like Setting

I toured Brookdale Carriage Club among a couple of others when searching for a place for my parents. The campus like setting is very welcoming. Units are being updated and are spacious and attractive. Staff and other residents were friendly. In the end this proved to be the best place for my parents and we're looking forward to their moving in shortly.

GREAT PLACE TO BE

We moved my parents to Brookdale Carriage Club Providence a little over three months ago; I thought it was going to take some adjusting for them, but they've loved it from the first day! The people have been great, not only the staff, but also the other residents. They enjoy the social scene, all the activities, and the environment overall. I would highly recommend this place for anyone thinking of moving their parents (or themselves).

High on our list!

The Brookdale Carriage Club Providence was a very clean community. We really liked the community and the kind staff. They were very attentive and were able to answer all of my questions. We tried the food on our tour and it was very good.

Great

My mom's wrapping up a respite stay at Carriage Club, and she's looking forward to becoming a permanent resident!

Brookdale was the right place!

My mother is in great health, but decided it was time to move to an independent community due to the change in the neighborhood. We reviewed every option in the Charlotte market and were immediately sold on Brookdale. The facility is updated and the unit she moved into had been completely renovated! There was a little confusion over move in protocol, phone services, cable etc., but we got it all worked out. She absolutely loves her apartment, the facility and all that it offers. I have not seen her so active and happy in quite some time. The other residents have gone out of their way to make her feel welcome and include her in activites and at meal times. It was the right choice for her.

I have nothing bad to say!

This place has been just wonderful from the moment I inquired. The staff are nice and friendly and really take good care of the residents. Everybody seems to be happy and have been there for years which really speaks volumes on the level of care they provide. Brookdale Carriage has many different programs for us residents and I'm really finding it to be nothing but satisfactory! I would definitely recommend!

So far so good

So far so good at Brookdale Carriage Club Providence. I should have visited one more time once we selected an apartment since her location is very far from the clubhouse and dining. We just need some more clarity on getting her to the dining room. There was one confusion with our process here; we were very interested in a service called the transition package which would help her get to meals and acclimate her to the community. Unfortunately the marketing department didn't realize that this program had been eliminated and no longer offered. It would have been a great help getting her used to the much larger facility and familiarizing her with getting to dining as well as activities. She has some cognitive issues so the large complex is a little confusing. The staff has been very nice and has worked with us to try to help with navigating the campus. We are very happy so far our only disappointment was not having a new member transition package any longer.

Friendly, communicative staff

We're very pleased with how things have turned out with Brookdale Carriage Club! The staff here are friendly and responsive, very quick with follow-up, and they've really been a big help throughout the whole process!

Courteous and Friendly

They renovated part of it so half of it is immaculate and they are working on the other half. It was a very nice experience, the staff is very friendly and helpful and answer your questions. Overall we are very pleased with it, for the courtesy of both the staff and the residents.

the place was marvelous and could not be better but the price was $5000

Very pleased !

We are very pleased and they are upgrading many areas still!

Seemed like a nice place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought Brookdale Carriage Club was a very nice looking place! The facility was clean and well kept, and the staff all seemed very friendly. However, I wasn't a fan of the meal plan they had, I felt like my loved one would use up her allotted meals for the month and we would end up with too many extra charges.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with our experience with Brookdale Carriage Club so far! It is a beautiful, well kept community, and the staff have been friendly and a huge help throughout the whole process! One service I found very helpful is that they will let you stay for a trial week to see how you like the community. And they don't just put you in a guest suite, they fully furnished the apartment that my loved one was interested in so she could see what it would be like to live in that specific unit!

Very Friendly

It has been an adjustment for us. The staff and residents have been very friendly. My loved one feels comfortable here and he already considers it home. I would recommend the Brookdale Carriage Club.

Very nice place!

Brookdale Carriage Club is a very nice place! We toured it multiple times (and selected it as our final choice) when we were looking into senior living options for our loved ones. The whole place just has a very warm, personal feel, it is like a home, not a business. We also really liked the cottage style apartments they offered. They're Carriage Club is definitely worth a look if you're looking in the Charlotte area!

Perfect place for my sibling.

After visiting and thinking about all the retirement communities in this city, we chose Brookdale as the perfect place for my sibling, who was moving from another state.

The highest recommendation goes to the staff. Words to describe them are: kind, professional, knowledgeable, the cream of the crop.

While the apartments are dated, they provide a more homey and warm environment than I felt in the newer establishments.

Lots of activities and services. Residents can participate in many or a few or none of the activities.

Great Experience

My parents moved into Independent Living 9 months ago. The decision to leave their home of 50 plus years was really hard for them however they have made an incredibly smooth transition. My Mother's memory problems have actually improved. Although they were involved in community and church activities prior to moving , their involvement in stimulating activities and social events has increased significantly since moving. They have met a variety of interesting, friendly people since the move. They have engaged in activities throughout Charlotte and the surrounding community planned by the social director and staff. They have found the food to be very good, offering a large variety, and ample portions. That has also been my experience when I have joined in the dining room.
For anyone considering the move to Carriage Club my family and I would strongly endorse this location.

we're satisfied

My mom is there in independent living. She usually (though certainly not always) likes the food (soup is really good) though the portions could be better (she'd like a bowl instead of a cup). Food could be improved a little. Also, the womens room I've been in a couple of times could be cleaner.

Glen really does a super job and goes above and beyond. Same with Jessica. They are really good at following up and communicating.

It is a really nice facility and so far we're satisfied.

Impressed with Carriage Clu...

Impressed with Carriage Club. When we look at independent living facilities, it will be high on our list.

Very Impressed with positio...

Very Impressed with position, Facilities, and accommodation,Staff. Ashley Blanton, Top Class. One of my top selections. Has assisted living as well a reasonable cost.

The Carriage Club is a great fit for my mom

I found "A Place For Mom" to be very helpful. I had no idea where to start looking for a facility for my mother. Mine was a sudden situation. I called told them my mother's specific needs and they came up with a short list of facilities near my home. They really gave direction while I was in the dark.
Brookdale Carriage Club is a great fit for my mom because it is multi tiered. The staff is very helpful and is very friendly. I also find that the staff is professional and understand how to work with their clients. Wendy and the staff have gone over and beyond making sure that my mother is comfortable.

Everything was just wonderful. The people are so friendly.

I liked the people, and that there were a good number of men there. The grounds were nice. Everything was just wonderful. The people are so friendly. Everything was just great! This was my first choice but I didn't get to make the final decision. Now I know where I want to go though.

We are happy and we've had a good experience overall.

We are happy and we've had a good experience overall. We have had a couple of family members here over the years and it has worked out well.

Cost is out of our budget.

Cost is out of our budget.

Grandmama

We actually began this process several years ago as we began to see changes in the health and living conditions of our loved Grandmama.
She had lived alone most of her adult life, had a full career, smart and giving person. She was involved as a volunteer with her church and other organizations. She is social, active, played bridge etc. She had lived in her home for almost 60 years and cared for her elderly dogs.
We live across the country from her and it was hard to advocate for her. She was also having a hard time communicating with her physician group. She still would use her rotary phone. You can't push 1 or 2 etc. We wanted her to consider moving to where we live but also supported finding an independent living arrangement in her home town. We had many alternatives.
The Carriage Club was one of many that we toured. We did that tour last Christmas when she was visiting for the holidays. They were patient, knew how hard it is to move from your home, helpful to us in understanding the cost now and planning for the future. It wasn't until she had an surgery that she realized that she needed to move closer to us / family. It had almost been a year since our initial visit and they kept in touch but not pushy. They also were able to move quickly when we came back to update our information and actually make a decision.
They also coached us on what they believed would be best for our Grandmama while giving her as much independence as possible. She was still recovering so they suggested and could provide companions when we could not be with her. They wanted her move to be successful and not wear us out as she adjusted to her new environment. They also work well with other caregivers such as Hospice, etc.
The actual move was easy for us. They prepared her apartment and even helped by letting people deliver a bed, etc. They did all those little things from welcoming to having maintenance help hang pictures, set up the TV.
There are so many opportunities for activities and they got to know her and helped her in her own time with encouragement and introductions. Coffee in the morning with new friends (includes a danish) was one of the first things that became a part of her routine even when her walking was not yet up to par. Now she also plays bridge weekly, loves the entertainment in the evenings and looks forward to the meals in the dining room. Her health has actually improved since she has moved.
We are thrilled that she now lives only 10 minutes from our home so it is easy to stop by every day or if we are needed immediately. She now has her own home / life and is very much a part of our family life. It is a great protective, clean, active, healthy living and welcoming bubble that allows her to be successful.

Wasn't a good arrangement

The place was nice, the problem there was the office manager or sales person, she was very determined that mom needed to come in through their short term skilled nursing and we went and looking at that room and it was worse, it was in dissaray, but the arrangement would have been worse than the nursing home we were moving her out of.

Was good when she was there

This was too expensive, my mother was there for 6 years, there was entertainment every night but I hear it's going downhill now.

Limited availabilities

They have an upfront fee, I think it's 3750 or something. Carriage club was very nice, but they only have one room, it has 2 beds for anyone from the outside and I think the state required them to do that. There was a lady who said they would have a bed available in 2 weeks because someone was going to go from there to a permanent room that had become available but the price was mroe based on the amount of care they'll need instead of the room.

We really enjoyed the tour....

We really enjoyed the tour. So far, it's been the best one as far as spaciousness goes. Am looking into a 'staycation' for the folks, where they can stay 3 nights/4 days.

Horrible Experience!!

I had a horrible experience with them! The misrepresented the price. I thought it was for 2 people, not 1 and that ended up being a difference of $800 a month. The room was completely in disrepair before my parents moved in. The moved in on September 1st 2008 and I had to pay from August 25th, when the room wasn't even ready. I just felt like it was a big rip off. I wasn't happy at all with any part of it. I meant to write the management team a letter. It was over priced, they were not engaging, they didn't do anything or make an effort for you.

I enjoyed the tour and ever...

I enjoyed the tour and everyone was very friendly. Some of the activities such as trips to colony,carolina place, and walmart were not of interest. I am not sure about independent living

Great facility. Feel like ...

Great facility. Feel like it might be the best fit because of the ability to move from independent to assisted and so on on the same campus. Cynthia was great! Price is an issue.

Pool, Lake and Clubhouse

We chose this community for my mom because the care is continuous, she does not have to mom room and to a different location as her needs change. They make every effort to be accommodating to her needs. Coming out of the main club house you see the swimming pool followed by the lake they have on their 44 acre community that is rich in trees, flowers and lots of greenery. The setting is very resort like and really makes you feel comfortable. The community is very well landscaped and very nicely taken care of. My mom tells me the food is just wonderful. I would say this is just a wonderful place to consider.

Lots of nice options.

Lots of nice options.

Very impressed with this facility. D...

Very impressed with this facility. Definitely in contention.

I've visited this place. I have it o...

I've visited this place. I have it on my short list.

No pets allowed. Familiar place. CMC ...

No pets allowed. Familiar place. CMC has to be within 7 mile raadius to have transportation.

Liked this - Like that the full optio...

Liked this - Like that the full option is available here, and that you know what you are spending.

Carriage Club of Charlotte provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.