Brookdale Weddington Park - Matthews, NC

Weddington Park provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Weddington Park we promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Our community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.

Great Fit

My dad is very happy here, he has a big room and his furniture makes it feel more like home. There is a nice courtyard along with a front porch for the residents to us and the staff here are very friendly and attentive to their residents. My dad & I like that this is one story too. Dad enjoys going to the dining room and he likes his table mates and the food. there are a lot of amenities for the residents to choose from should they want to and I would definitely recommend setting up a tour here.

No Problems With My Tour

I had a good tour of this community. Everything went well, and everyone was nice to my family, and I. The community looked good from what we were shown. The staff was helpful, and our questions were answered. It was a nice experience, and I did not have any problems with my tour.

Great place, Needed different level of care

Brookdale Wedding Park is a beautiful and clean community it just wasn't the right fit for my dad. They didn't offer the level of care we needed for my dad who is blind. The staff was great and they tried their best, they just didn't have the resources on hand to care for my dad. He needed a different type of environment set up because he has a tendency to wander. I would definitely recommend Brookdale Weddington Park for others that wouldn't need the level of care that we required.

Place is Wonderful I Can't Say Enough

My uncle has made such an improvement since placing him here that now I know I we made the right decision. He is getting up and eating 3 times a day and they are making sure he is getting physical therapy to regain his strength back it's wonderful and in doing this he is interacting with people and that is also making a huge difference in his attitude.
I can't say enough about the staff first of all the sales director sends me text messages to let me know how he is doing if she sees him around which is kind of her. But the staff goes beyond the call of duty. I had been misinformed about transportation services so they helped me find a workable solution.
My uncle has gotten a haircut there, they have various doctors that come in and checks on the residents.
The community is extremely clean and they keep it well maintained. The biggest reason for me choosing this one was the location it is only 15 minutes away from me.

The contact person was attentive,caring,and informative.She introduced various options in order to determine our current needs and future transitional possibilities. We are strongly considering respite care.The physical facility was clean,crisp,inviting, and uplifting. Guest parking was readily available.

Pleased with My Aunt's Respite Stay Experience

I was satisfied with this community, and my aunt's respite stay experience. Unfortunately she wasn't ready to make the move here permanently, but it was a pleasant experience. It is a very nice looking community, they do a good job with the cleanliness of the place. The staff was very sweet and kind. When she ready to make the move permanently, she will be returning to this community. I was comfortable with her stay here.

Superior Staff!!

The move to the Brookdale went well, it was rough for a little while but the staff there is wonderful. They helped her adjust and keep her safe. The place is clean for the most part. In the memory care unit, they have an outdoor area where the residents can go freely. The only thing I would suggest, is I wish they had better access to their doctors throughout the week. She only comes every other week. The main reason why we chose this place was because it looks like a resort.

I would recommend this community!

My husband is doing well at this community. They have been working with us on some issues. He likes the staff. The food tastes pretty good it seems healthy and they offer good portions. The community is clean and they offer daily activities.

This works for us!

Things are going good at Brookdale. The staff have been great and our working with me on some minor medication issues. Some days dad likes the food and some days not so much. The community is clean and well maintained. I would recommend this community. I would also recommend making sure you ask plenty of questions about additional charges.

Good Care

I feel really comfortable leaving my loved one there at Brookdale Weddington Park, I feel like the staff members are taking good care of her. I really can not think of anything for them to improve upon.

Wonderful staff

The staff here is just wonderful and they treat you like family. The facility is very beautiful and it is always kept clean and sanitary. The residents all seem to be very happy and well taken care of.

It was clean and the staff was friendly.

My loved one stayed here for a little more than a month. We were happy with them. It was clean and the staff was friendly. The food was okay, but they didn't offer choices. They were pretty comparable in price to the other places we looked at. We liked the location and the setting, it wasn't on a busy street.

lax on getting laundry done

At Brookdale Weddington Park I was not too happy with him being in the slow eater area. I think they should have tried harder and had him with a different group. I think it was depressing for him. They were lax on getting laundry done. Some items wouldn't come back or they would come back marked.

The Staff Is Wonderful

The food is not great. They have plenty of activities during the week, but the weekends are very boring, so there could be at least one activity during every day which would be helpful. The staff has been wonderful and more than willing to help rearrange furniture and step up to the plate to keep my mom as safe as possible, because she falls a lot. The male residents are allowed to go off the property to go walking around, but the female residents are not, which I find odd and some residents find disheartening.

I thought that their cost were a bit too high. Nice facility but not worth the difference in cost.

I was happy to find this place..

The Brookdale Weddington Park is great. Everything has been well. The only downside is that it cost's $350 a month to have Advil administered to her. The parking lot is pretty small. Other than that, the food looks good. I was happy to find this place. The location was the main thing. This location is very convenient for us. I am very pleased. I would recommend the Brookdale Weddington Park. It was a nice find.

Nice place!

We've had a good experience with Brookdale Weddington Park! All of the employees seem very friendly! It is well managed, and the aide staff are caring and professional. The entire place just has a very positive atmosphere!

very patient and very consistent

The staff at Brookdale Weddington Park has been very patient and very consistent. They are very helpful. There does seem to be less staff on the weekend, so serving on the weekends is a little bit slower. I do think they should have a few more activities and get the residents out a bit more.

The prices here are much gr...

The prices here are much greater and the rooms are not as nice as the one-room suite at Emeritus. According to the residents, the food is not very good. However, the energy and the socializing among the residents was so good. Mom has said she'd like to see the places we are considering.

The woman in charge was very nice!

The community was nice and clean. The woman in charge was very, very nice. It was too far away for our needs and didn't really have anything to make me go that far.

Nice, clean - clearly a goo...

Nice, clean - clearly a good place to live. But there is a wait list for most room options and some of the 'extra' charges make it pricey.

Helpful, Professional Staff

It's going fine. It's very cleanly and I think the cost is pretty reasonable. As far as I know the care is fine. The first thing we liked about Weddington Park is that it didn't smell like a nursing home and the staff that we met all seemed very professional and helpful.

Very active community with competitive pricing

It's very clean and the staff seems great. Compared to what we looked at in other areas, I think the price is pretty consistent and pretty competitive for what you get. I'd love for care to be less expensive but I think the value is fine.

The care has been good. He doesn't require a lot - the biggest thing was medication management and they're really good about that. I don't have to worry about his medications being there because they order them for you.

They're very active over there. I feel like everytime I go over there, there is some thing going on. They just did some renovations. The hallways are open the the place is light - my dad loves it there.

When you visit you'll know

When we visited this community our hearts just knew this was the place our parents would get the love and care that they deserve. The community is a Medicaid community so when they run out of money they still have that option. It is a one level community so it makes it easy to get around. The love the staff has for the residents really made it feel like home.

great place. Nice folks!

great place. Nice folks!

visited briefly They do accept Medic...

visited briefly They do accept Medicaid if private pay for one year first in assisted living.

Great location from the house, conven...

Great location from the house, convenient. Little more active population. Nice rooms and nice facility.