Brighton Gardens of Charlotte - Charlotte, NC

Enjoyed it and will relook this facility

The tour was pleasant. Living Assisted area was inviting. Memory care area was drab. The private room that is available seemed dated and the bathroom had a stench to it. Not the right fit for my loved one

What a superior staff!

[Removed] were exceptional! From my first conversation to the knowledgeable and compassionate advice they gave me, I knew that they really cared about helping me transition my Mom into assisted living. Their professionalism and [Removed] attention to detail was fantastic! She thought all the details through with me and even carried some things to the room with me on moving day! Most importantly, she treated my Mom with dignity and respect, and her cheerful personality was very reassuring. The staff is attentive and patient. Special thanks to [Removed] in PT, [Removed] our caregiver, and [Removed] in the dining room. We appreciate you all!

Not a good tour

This was a nice community but unfortunately, they were not prepared for our tour and were not able to answer some of our questions. The community was clean and bright but both my dad and I did not feel that he would be a good fit here and the fact that it was a multiple level community my dad felt it would confuse him too much.

Things are falling into Place

Things are starting to fall into place for my mom here. She likes her room now that we have decorated it. The community has a home like atmosphere, welcoming. And it is so nice to see the improvement health wise in my mom. The massage therapist here has done wonders in relieving my mom's back pain, so now she is moving about so much better. She is also making friends and she goes down to the dining room early to make sure she gets her table with her friends. Mom likes that she is now seeing more of her family since her move here as well. It is so good to have my mom tell me that "she had a good day today."

Things Did Not Work Out The Way We Hoped

Things haven't worked out the way we had hoped they would in moving mom here. Shortly after moving in she became ill and now is under hospice care. We had a rocky start with the staff working with us in getting this done however that has since changed and now they are trying their best to be accommodating to our situation however they are compassionate and kind.

Nice place

My dad has been at Brighton Gardens for about 7 weeks now and has adjusted well. All staff has been very friendly with him and also with me. There was some miscommunication from day 1 regarding level of care he needed, but I eventually got the billing corrected. I think the cost is in line with similar places I toured, but the medication administration fee is quite a bit more (he pays $25 per day for AM/PM total of 12 Rx meds). Activities are just OK, but I think more creativity is needed (apparently a new Activities Director has been hired). The residents really like music, but it isn't offered every day like it should be. The place is overall pretty clean, but I keep noticing a strong urine smell almost always in the corridor where my dad lives. I have never seen any bugs. There is a designated smoking area outside, but the smoke keeps blowing inside every time that door is opened, so it often smells like smoke in the 1st floor common area where we hang out. I wish this could be improved somehow. The staff takes good care of my dad, knows him pretty well by now. They have called to talk with me when needed, which is great. The residents say the food is only OK, not great. It seems to me that they consistently don't have enough staff in the dining room for dinner, as my dad and others have had to sometimes wait quite a while for someone to take and bring their orders. I don't know about the other meals. I think, overall, that my dad likes it there and it is a nice place. His room/unit is plenty big enough and is very clean and up-to-date. He really likes having his own "apartment" to go to, but he spends quite a bit of time in the common area with others, which is a sign that he is comfortable, despite his shyness.

A Community I would Consider

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. My tour was decent. It would be a community I would consider for my mother. It is a nice community with kind people.

Mother was there five weeks for respite care while we were in England. I think her rehab and care were good.
She is not social and a bit of a recluse when in respite care so I don't know how much she participated in activities.
The food was very good and she enjoyed it.
Thanks for taking the worry out of our time in England.

A good tour!

I had a very good tour of Brighton Gardens. The facility was clean and well maintained. Everyone there was friendly and the tour guide was knowledgeable. It was a good choice but I found another community that fit my husbands needs best.

A Great View of the Community

The tour was really great and I appreciate having a moment to see this as an option. I was looking for a community that was in the best location and price range. When it came down to make a choice, this was not a fit for our budget.

Great Care!!

My father is receiving the care that he needs since his move into the Brighton Gardens. I feel like the food could use some improvement, but he is there for the care and they exceed in that. The elevator had also been broken for a couple of days which was not good. But overall we are very pleased and everyone there is very kind.

Not close enough!

We took the tour of this community and thought that it was very nice. The staff was nice and knowledgeable. The community was open and had a lot of light. The residents were out. The only reason we didn't pick this community was because they were to far.

Take a look!

I really liked this community. This was our first choice, however it was a little to expensive for us. The community was clean and the staff I met were nice.

Sunny

Very uplifting for hospice residents

Toured, looked nice

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this looked like a very nice place, overall! All of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional, and the facility was clean and well kept. We ended up selecting another community, but I'd say this one is worth a look!

Fitting in

Everyone makes an effort to be accommodating in assisting all clients. Very patient and pleasant.

Very friendly clientele. MaKes the atmosphere far more
enjoyable.

Lovely facility

2ND TO ATRIA; darling host Traavis. Was a hotel and near Southpark area. ROOMS, we would need a 2BR here and there were none vacant to show me (also “large” 1BR might work); the l BR had separate BR/LR but BR very small for queen bed. Lady with flute was playing when I arrived (love that) and they were having a small group of folks doing a cute trivia game as I left. Lovely facility; fresh flowers all around; expect 3-5% increase $/yr as we wait (all places); helpful advice given; monthly but a l-time $2000 fee; $149/day for 2BR - $4470/mo.

Nice place

My loved one was only here for a brief time, it ended up not being a good match for his care needs, but I thought this seemed like a nice place overall. The facility itself was well kept and clean, and the people seemed friendly. I'd recommend them as being at least worth a look.

Three Stars

They have some workers there that are really great, but they told us they would have care managers for each floor, and that is somewhat true, but it is a hard business and it seems like they change staff all the time. They also said they could handle a catheter, but that wasn't true.

It is ok at best

There are Care Managers taking care of the residents. Some are good some are not. They are overworked and the "assisted living" part is not as good as it should be. The food is not great. If you have a catheter - good luck.

A few problems

The Care Manager supervisor took care of a problem with a person that was mean to my mom. Also, the food isn't great. But, it is a pretty nice place.

They attend to all his needs well

Attending to all of his needs was something the facility did well. I think that they need to improve on enhanced reminders of the activities for the residents. They are dealing with Alzheimer's patients, so they need to be reminded.

The tour was informative and Susan was very professional. The Assisted lay out was nice. The Memory care area was overwhelming with foul smell and the carpets were very worn and dirty.
Overall, not much in the way of being able to be outdoors - which mom loves. Pricing was competitive and their goal to 'staff for need' is impressive.

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Nice place overall, good medication service

Brighton Gardens of Charlotte is a very nice place, so far we are very impressed! The staff is friendly and professional, and the facility is well kept and clean. We needed somewhere that offered a reliable medication management service, and Brighton Gardens has done very well in this regard.

By Far The Best Impression!

My sister and I went to different places in Charlotte when looking for a community for my mother. Brighton Gardens of Charlotte was by far the best impression. My Mother has been there for about a month. Some of the activities include: Cards, Bingo, Exercise, Outings to restaurants. They also bring in people to entertain. The food there is also excellent. I rated everything 5 stars because this is a really good community!

Beautiful facility, but more importantly, the staff really seems to care. Unfortunately it was a bit more than my Dad wanted to spend.

Looked like a nice place!

We toured this community when we were looking into senior living options for our loved ones. This seemed like a nice place overall. The staff we met were friendly and the facility was clean and well kept.

upgrade technology

I think like all companies that has a lot of moving parts, they need the best technology they can buy, and I don't think they have that with the devices the residents wear to call for help. Overall definitely very pleased though. Lots of good teamwork to get things done.

Very nice place!

We are very pleased with how things have gone with Bright Gardens of Charlotte! I'd give them top marks in every category! Its a clean, well kept, nice looking facility, and the staff are all very very friendly! They've got a lot to provide for their residents, I really would recommend them to anyone.

Doing well here

Things have gone very well with Brighton Gardens of Charlotte. Our loved one had been staying at another Sunrise facility in other state for quite a while, and we thought they did an excellent job. When it came time for a move we decided to select another Sunrise community in the area she would be relocating to. They made the transition very easy, and have continued to provide high quality care.

I am very impressed with them.

They are doing very well. The staff is very friendly. The response time could be improved a little bit, we've had to wait up to ten minutes. They have quite a variety of activities. They are very strict about over the counter medications. Some of the reasons we chose them were that, we liked the activity level of the other residents, the social atmosphere. The staff was really very friendly, and the cleanliness of the area was really good. I liked that they were able to keep the residents in the areas that would most benefit them so that those with higher needs aren't mixed in with those that are more independent. I liked that it didn't have the nursing home feel. I am very impressed with them.

Not a good fit

My loved one stayed here for a time and unfortunately the community just was not a good fit for her. It was a nice looking place, and the staff were all very friendly, Unfortunately the care just wasn't quite up to what she needed, and since she was on the younger end of what they accept she didn't feel she fit in socially. They seem like they could be a good place, but it just was not a good fit for our loved one.

Very impressed with Andrea ...

Very impressed with Andrea and Nick. Would have no reservations about the care my mother-in-law would receive here. Location was deciding factor in choosing another community.

consider with caution

The more severe cases get more attention – it’s not uncommon for people to be left in their depends for a couple of hours, even if they’re soiled. You need to be really involved if you’re going to have a loved one at this community.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Please know we care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents. Please contact us at information(at)sunriseseniorliving(dot)com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Really good community

Everything was a five.

The one bedroom wasn't muc...

The one bedroom wasn't much more than large studio. $1500 move in

Nice place, on the larger side

We toured this place when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was a nice looking place, and I liked that they had a very full daily activity calender. However, I think this place would have been a little too large and impersonal for my loved one, she would benefit more from a smaller more intimate setting.

Very nice looking community

I toured this community while I was looking into care options for my loved one. This was the second Sunrise community that we toured, and they were both very very nice looking. I wouldn't rate this one quite on the level of the other we toured, Sunrise of Providence, but I was still very impressed by what I saw here. It was not an option we were able to consider, due to distance, but definitely a high quality place and worth a look!

Did tour Tuesday, Feb 25th;...

Did tour Tuesday, Feb 25th; good activity level of residents; staff was friendly

It was a good place. They were good t...

It was a good place. They were good to her. The food was good, I've tried it. There was a lack of communication at the beginning, that was upsetting.

Very nice, but a little dif...

Very nice, but a little difficult to get to from Fort Mill.

Some missing items, but good place

I think they could improve on taking better care of their possessions. My mother actually lost her glasses and then her diamond ring went missing. Her hearing aids sometimes are in, sometimes they're not. She's in the memory section so you have people walking around and picking up stuff sometimes; so I guess it's not really their fault but it still would be nice if they could take better care of those.
I think I went there either first or second and just came back to this place. I wouldn't say it was any better but it was just in a better location and things like that.

Would have been my pick

I was the most impressed with this one. If it had been my choice as to where mom would have gone, it would have been ehre but the reason I didn't choose here was because she wanted to stay in Monroe where she had lived and knew people.
I just liked the way the facility looked and the newness of it and the dollar amount would have not been that much more, but it wasn't about me, it had to be about her.

Wasn't right but memory care idea sounded good

It's really close to my house, I could walk there if I wanted to. It seemed pretty good, but I wasn't sold on it, it's a sunrise community and I had heard some bad things about another one, I hadn't at that time, I heard about it later. It seemed pretty nice and I think their idea of their care for people with memory issues sounded pretty good but I just didn't feel that great about it, you know how you get a feeling about this or that. I think they had tables set for a meal in that section where they all sit together and I rememebr noticing that they had glasses out and all and they were using plastic and they just didn't look clean, the other places seemed clean, but that turned me off

Convenient Location, Nice People

My father was only there for a couple of weeks. Everybody was very nice there and it's very convenient to downtown as far as location goes.

Dog on property. Nursing ca...

Dog on property. Nursing care 24/7 RN on staff. 30 day reassessment. 1 MD and 2 N practitioners, 4 lpn.1 primary CNA 1st shift. Great food! Large rooms. Experianced with pubic tube.

Good Community

We are very happy with Brighton Gardens. The main reasons we chose them is because of the availability and vacancy they had at the time of need. We also really liked the location of the community and the tour they provided was very impressive.

Friendly, professional and caring

the staff is very stable - I've seen very low turnover in 2.5 years. They are patient and caring in working with both the residents and families. I could wish that their physical exercise classes were a bit more energetic for the residents who could use it, but the mental exercises - word games etc are great. they are pet friendly which also adds to the interactions available. The menus are tasty and varied.

Nice facility, nice staff

Nice facility, nice staff

Owned by a large corp.; stringent emp...

Owned by a large corp.; stringent employee training; have experience with this provider; room options shown were clean and freshly painted.

Very nice liked a lot still concerned...

Very nice liked a lot still concerned w location. No activity to view.. Nice calendar of events

Outreach coordinator called today and...

Outreach coordinator called today and invited us to TRIVIA tomorrow.

Director was very helpful, the Facili...

Director was very helpful, the Facility is beautiful.

Liked this place, particularly manage...

Liked this place, particularly management. Does not have full nursing care. Decor not as nice as Sunrise on Providence, but cheaper rates, and closer to Beverly Woods and Mom's friends. Don't like the add ons for additional care as it adds some variance in what we might end up spending.

within price range $3870 if dad only ...

within price range $3870 if dad only needs help with bathing...felt like a hotel...just larger...people were very friendly...met the smokers in the smoking area along with sammy the dog...facility is in the process of getting new dog. Medium room is perfect for dad...good bath walk in closet...met bus driver...she drives them to dr's appts tue and thurs, dinner, etc. has popcorn several days a week...not as many public areas...nice outside areas, nice smoking area...they gather right outside the door...allow residents to work in garden and help around facility if they want to keep busy...woman water plants, another does all planting, just tells them what to buy, man changing menu to reflect new menu...have wonderful activities...also has a men only club

Brighton Gardens provides assisted living in an apartment-style setting that offers the simple pleasures - nutritious food, comfortable surroundings, and the support of a warm, caring and competent staff. A separate Special Care Center for residents with Alzheimer's or other memory related disorders is also on-site. The key to our success in the Special Care Center is our dedicated and compassionate staff, which receives special training and supervision. Our Special Care programming offers a variety of activities designed to achieve memory enrichment and positive social interactions. Caring for residents with dementia is a partnership between the community and the family, frequent family visits are encouraged and support groups and advisory councils are arranged. A Short Stay Program for seniors who need short-term care may also be available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out assisted living. Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Brighton Gardens can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.