Brookdale Charlotte East - Charlotte, NC

While the facility was dated, I felt like the staff was very engaging. They were very honest about employee satisfaction. I liked that they base their staff ratios on acuity rather than census. I also liked that they employed CNAs and Med Techs. The facility was clean, but smelled like a nursing home which was bothersome. The rooms were a great size and I was impressed with all of the safety call buttons. I also liked that the residents had a mini fridge and microwave provided in their room.

My tour went well. The bird sanctuary and the gated property were very good. I enjoyed visiting and have it on our list of places to consider.

The staff and residents were fantastic. We decided the cost was a little more than we can afford so are looking at apartments without meal plans.

I enjoyed my visit to Brookdale. Ty, the sales representative, was very friendly and informative. The size of the apartments was adequate, with functional amenities. Halls were clean and smelled very nice. Passerbyers were even friendly. I felt very comfortable there. This facility might be a match for my Mom. I can't wait to introduce it to her, as an option for her transition.

My tour

This looked like a nice community when I visited. The person that took us on tour was nice. This is a gated community with paved walking trails. They offer transportation and they seem to offer some nice activities. This community did not have an opening when we visited.

Received confirmation of tour date and time, but the manager did not show up. He still had not arrived nor called to explain his absence when I left. The very pleasant activities leader who did walk us around was not able to answer many questions with a level of certainty. There also appears to be a new school being built across the street from the entrance. That will bring much bus and car traffic to what is now a quiet road.

We are extremely impressed with the level of care and concern the entire staff at Brookdale Charlotte East has shown. Truly caring individuals who obviously have the residents best interest at heart.

Lovely, low key home. Nothing fancy but well maintained. Nice, spacious apartments with balconies or patios for each and an amazing amount of storage space and good pricing.I really enjoyed talking to [Removed] and I feel this may be the best option for my husband.

Things are going good

The staff are wonderful and helpful. The food is not consistent when it comes to taste as sometimes it is good and sometimes it is not. They offer plenty of activities. The community is clean and well maintained. This community has a family atmosphere and I would recommend it.

We Are New Residents

we are doing fine since moving in 8 days ago, just at the tail-end of the cold that went around, we got less done with moving in. They took precaution and have us wearing masks. The staff have been helpful and cooperative. The people we have met have been fun and we look forward to meeting more in the future. Slowly we are making progress, we have lots of boxes and pictures to hang. The staff are willing to help hang the pictures for us. All worked out fine and we are pleased. it is an easy 3 stars and I am hoping to see the 5 stars.

The facility was clean and the staff was very nice. Having different levels of care available on the same campus is nice. This facility was outside of our price range.

Mom is at home!

The staff and the community as a whole had a positive feel. Mom likes the food and the dining. Mom is even getting involved with some of the activities. Mom likes that she has a big apartment and that it has a full kitchen. This has been just a wonderful thing for mom.

Brookdale East Good to start retirees here.

The place is great except the food options. Not much on breakfast at all. The food runs out before the 2nd hour of dinner is served and they do without the options. It was not good to have rent start when you signed the lease instead of when you got the keys. My mom's unit wasn't easy for a week after signing and paying rent. Repairs were slow to begin with. The people are very nice and my mom is pretty happy for the most part.

Daunting task made easier

The process of choosing an independent living community is daunting. [Removed] at Brookdale Charlotte East actually made the process go a lot more smoothly. My husband & I had two conferences with him before we brought my Mother to visit. Ty made her feel right at home. The entire staff has been very helpful and concerned about how my Mother is doing. They call her by her first name even though she has only been there for about 3 weeks. The activities that the community has are great. The apartment is just the right size and has everything that Mom could want. I would not hesitate to recommend Brookdale Charlotte East to anyone that asks.

I toured the Brookdale Charlotte East and the staff were very kind and answered all of my questions. This community is a little older and could benefit from an overall update. They did offer many activities for the residents and they were inviting.

Dad Loves it Here

Overall experience with Brookdale Charlotte East has been great. The staff is great, very nice and friendly. Dad absolutely loves the food. We are very please with the care dad is receiving. No complaints.

Review of Brookdale Charlotte East - Charlotte, NC

Rated 4 only because my mom hasn t lived there but was impressed with everything. This place is like your neighborhood moved inside a building. Ty conducted welcoming and detailed tour

Some good and some not so good experiences.

If I had to rate the care my mother is receiving I'd definitely rate it a 5. If I'm rating the admin I'd give them a 1. That's about all I can say at this point. I'm hoping it gets better.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We have passed this information along to our management team for review.

Exceptional staff and service

The staff at Brookdale Charlotte East is beyond what you would hope for. They do go above and beyond what you would expect of them.

The entire experience was a very positive one. Everyone from the attendant at the front desk to all the personnel were very nice. We had dinner there and the food was very good, and the folks who lived there were a friendly group of people. We were given a good tour from the smallest accommodations to the largest accommodations. Everyone was polite and answered questions.

I would recommend it to anybody

I would recommend it to anybody. One of the biggest reason we chose this facility is because of the location. The price was competitive. I would recommend it to anyone. The meals are quite good and there's plenty of food. They keep the facility very clean. The administration staff has been very accommodating. I think they do an excellent job at taking care of my loved one. Everything has been going great.

This was a nice facility. We were welcomed by staff and residents when we arrived. Clean, comfortable and cozy. It compares well with where my mother is presently in another state. The woman in the activity room appeared to be enjoying themselves. There were several spacious lounges and meeting rooms. The apartments are a little small, but doable. The only concern is the small bathrooms. Bathrooms hard to fit walkers in and turn around in.

Not all it's cracked up to be.

Just fair. Not all that trustworthy, basically they want your money. Ring the bell for assistance, expect to wait wt least ah hour. It's all smiles, sunshine and light when you are applying. Not so much when you are admitted.

Nice place but location was...

Nice place but location wasn't great and a little two large.

We loved the place, Everyon...

We loved the place, Everyone was nice a warm and Friendly. Cara did a great job in explaining their program, we loved the rooms were very spacious and a nice clean community..It is a possible consideration.

Warm and Friendly

Warm friendly place from employees (low turnover) to residents. It appears that much effort is made to assist residents in staying in independent living as long as possible. The food is delicious, and I discovered in touring other homes just how important that can be. The dining staff goes out of their way to try to please, maintenance staff is reasonably prompt and responsive, and marketing takes the attitude that if something desired can be done, then why not. Activities are various - something for everyone - and my mother is delighted to be making new friends after a period of isolation resulting from increased discomfort physically when going out and decreased comfort driving. She has now been living there less than two weeks, so I don't know if problems will arise, but I take comfort in knowing she likes where she is, others are around her, she can get to her doctor appointments, employees are looking out for her, and she can eat well with little effort on my part or hers. Now the time I spend with her is enjoyable rather than a frustrating series of situations requiring solutions to problems. The population of residents is diverse,and Mom and I both like that!

Single rooms, connected to ...

Single rooms, connected to independent living, allow breakfast in room but other meals out unless sick, manage medicines, nurse on staff, can rent pendant in case of fall risks, food fair, no carpet on floor

This Community seems to be ...

This Community seems to be the one I like best. Mother also loved it. We ate lunch there and the food was great. Everyone seems so nice I am rating it as what I have seen thus far

This place is not what was expected

I have to admit. When I saw the reviews I thought wow this is going to be a great place for my grandmother for her rehab after she broke her leg. It was a nice clean facility and everyone was great at putting on the "front" to get you in the door. Her therapist were amazing!!! However, the care she received was terrible, she would ring her bell to go to the bathroom and no answer for sometimes an hour (I timed it). She would stay on the bedpan for 45 minutes (yet again I timed it). She would be ignored when she needed help. Various meeting were had with the administration and yet nothing would change. She had a feeding tube and was not allowed to eat regular food yet they would bring her a tray and tell her to eat anyway and seemed as if they did not want to even mess with her tube. They would tell her they did not have the stuff to go in her feeding tube and they did not even crush her pills up enough to go in her tube and it would get stuck. They obviously did not know what they were doing or either did not care. I was very displeased with the care she received. Do not let the great reviews fool you. I just wanted to share my opinion. Thanks for reading.

Closed Off Layout

It had a more closed feeling than the others we looked at and they didn't provide Sunday meals automatically which I thought was strange. The layout of the building was closed off. It was a gated community so you had to get buzzed in and out. They had assisted living located on the same floor as independent living but in a different part of the floor. As you approached that section the overall feel of the facility changed and you started to smell that odor that you typically get in places that are doing more care.

Good independent living choice

I liked this place but it's independent living. I liked the location, it's really close to me and it felt really good too but as my father's Alzheimer's progressed we would have to move him and we didn't want to do that.

Seemed Good but Not Right For Us

I went to look at this place for my dad and it was fine. It was just older. It had independent and assited living and I do thing the care was really good from what I saw and what i felt but for us, it just didn't work.

Have been to Wilora Lake Lodge and li...

Have been to Wilora Lake Lodge and like it very much. This is the only one I would consider at the moment.

I've visited this place and have it o...

I've visited this place and have it on my short list.

We did observe and have a good idea o...

We did observe and have a good idea of the routine. The staff members are very caring with the residents. I believe my Aunt would desire more attention than they would be able to give her.

We liked it a lot. Wish the entire fa...

We liked it a lot. Wish the entire facility were larger

Loved this environment. All phases o...

Loved this environment. All phases of living under one roof.

RC and AL,can rm together,2 bed $2700...

RC and AL,can rm together,2 bed $2700, $700 2nd person,

I think this may be the place for my ...

I think this may be the place for my mom!! Director took her time and answered all my questions, made me feel she heard and understood my mom's needs (as well as my own) and really did sense a lot of love and caring atmosphere. This is THE place that will be a great fit for her.

Wilora Lake Lodge provides a full range of choices for today’s seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life® concept and our Celebrations program provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.