Brookdale South Charlotte - Charlotte, NC

Nice tour

This is a beautiful community and the staff here did a great job showing us around, they took their time and they answered all our questions. My dad just did not feel comfortable with the multiple story build or having to work with the elevator. I would suggest that you schedule a tour and see the community for yourself.

Keep on searching....

We had a loved one placed here and they declined severely while there. Only to improve once moved to another, more professional and supportive Dementia Facility. If your loved one requires 1:1 care, forget it. We noticed how other memory care residents were treated and they are ignored for the most part. The only residents that did well were 1. were mobile, and calm. 2. immobile and limited to a wheelchair or 3. in the early/mid stages of the disease. What we did see was residents caring for each other more than the Aides cared for them. Often left alone in groups, unsupervised, when residents called out to an Aide, they would continue to keep on walking and ignore them - unless we said something. There is a water fountain, but no one knew how to use it. We did NOT see them being given fluids every hour. Only with meals and medicines and the medicine fluids are tiny little cups. We would have to direct an Aide to get someone to get a beverage i.e. Bottle of Water. NO water available anywhere else unless they know to navigate to their room and drink from the sink via a cup. However, late stage dementia patients need to be reminded/directed to do that as anyone with experience knows. This facility is terrible and I would not recommend them at all. Only after the money ,not the care of the resident. Brookdale is also the same chain with lawsuits against them in Florida and California for [Removed].....its a chain, there are hidden fees that they don't charge until you enter. Then the 'level of care' and cost rise. Its an a la carte pricing structure. Activities? TV is on, Music is on, sing alongs that is pretty much all we saw. You might get one aide that was truly committed to what she was there to do, but we saw other residents pay to have Sitters/CNAs et al come in to care for their parents. THAT is ridiculous! You're paying for the care already....

No room at the Inn

This is a very nice community and the staff here did a great job showing me around, they took their time with my tour and they answered all my questions. There were a lot of amenities for the residents to choose from and I think my mom would have liked being here, there just was not any availability when I was looking. I would recommend you take a tour.

Looking for smaller

We toured the Brookdale South Charlotte and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The community looked very clean and inviting. We were looking for a smaller community as my dad is blind and needs closer supervision and the resources to care for his needs.

Pretty Nice Community

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. My tour went pretty well overall.

Welcoming staff!

I had a pleasant tour of Brookdale South charlotte. The facility was clean and well maintained. Everyone there was friendly and the tour guide was knowledgeable. It was a good choice but I found another community that fit my husbands needs best.

Pleased With the Community

My husband could not wait to get back to Brookdale while he was in rehab. He is doing as well as he can with nurses who are monitoring his leg. I get informed of any changes. He gets along with all the staff and likes to have fun with the staff who help him. They walk with him to dining room and he thinks the food is good. The location works for my daughter and I, which is the main reason I choose them.

Very Pleased with My Aunt Move to This Community

We are very satisfied with my aunts move to this community. She has adjusted very well to it, and they are caring for her very well. The staff is wonderful, they are very helpful, and kind. She has improved very much since her move, she has gotten better everyday. There are plenty of activities available, she is having a good time. I have tired some of the meals, and the food is excellent. This is a community I would highly recommend.

Enjoyed myself!

The staff has been great here. They do offer me a lot of activities, but I am not in to activities. The food was okay it could have been better though. All in all everything was fine. I would recommend them to friends.

this must be old reviews
the care staff is great the price is to high and they all about money her the nurse is lazy and the Ed is rude and not friendly.. Dont go here

Made the right choice

Welcoming atmosphere and super friendly staff. Always helpful and attentive. I was comfortable the first time I came to tour and see the community. Just moved my Mom in three days ago and while she is adjusting, she has been engaging with staff and has been very complimentary of her care.

Toured

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The person who gave us the tour was very helpful and knowledgeable, however, I wasn't a huge fan of the facility itself. It just seemed a little dark and gloomy inside.

I would definitely give them an A!

Chanel has been absolutely fabulous. She didn't just help me get the room and get her in, she has helped with the emotions that come with it. I couldn't recommend her high enough to anyone. She is fabulous! The food is quite good. All of the people that we have encountered, which would include the maid, the caregivers, the activities coordinator, they always speak to us and are always polite. It's clean and didn't seem so much like a hospital setting. You don't see people in wheelchairs just sitting in the hallway, they are either in the aviary, or the lobby grouped together socializing. I loved that we could have her dog there, and they even walked it when she wasn't feeling well. They have been so gracious to help get her adjusted. We started out as respite, and that was a huge help, and a positive way to adjust. It's been a good experience, I would definitely give them an A!

It was a very nice community.

This is one of the places we toured when we were looking into options. It was a very nice community. It would be nice if it was less expensive, but it was comparable to the other communities, we looked at and considered.

Nice place, not a great fit for us

We visited this community when we were looking into care options for our loved ones. This seemed like a nice enough place, but I don't think it would have been a good fit for us. The rooms they had available were a little small, and the community didn't have a very social atmosphere.

Very happy

Friendly, helpful, attentive tot the residents' needs. So far, after two months, we are very pleased.

all around just great.

So far, so good. The staff is very helpful and they do listen to your concerns. My mother-in-law is happy there. Plenty of activities, lots of food choices and friendly residents. I know we made a good choice.

Position excellent, Facilit...

Position excellent, Facilities, excellent, was unable to get floor plans, disappointed with reception. Young lady at reception desk was great, showed me what she could, told me Manager would be on site in an Hour, went back Manager was on site was obviously to busy to take the trouble to talk to , Told receptionist he would get Chanel to call me Monday. Just wasted my time. I will discuss this with Chanel Jackson. Has assisted living on site.

Very nice facility and staf...

Very nice facility and staff. Activities for tenants were great to see, they were engaged and having fun. Definitely being considered.

We really liked it.

We liked the staff a lot, and the facility itself too. They did their pricing a la carte, this was going to add up to be a lot for us. They also didn't have the availability we needed at the time. It was a really nice place though. We really liked it.

Clean and small with less t...

Clean and small with less than 20 residents. Mostly women but some men. Only one roon coming open and it is private room. Staffed with two RN's and the activity person is also certified. Stae had inspected them recently and they passed with a good grade. The Alzheimer Wing is called Clare Bridge. One time community fee is $150 but looks like the rent will be $4k plus.

Have NO acitivites

The activities are what I'm upset about, I guess they have little social gathering going on in the afternoon, but they have nothing. I talked to them about it and they just said that the people go to bed early there.
They're very friendly, they're very nice, it's clean, she gets three meals a day so I can't complain about that. She's not really liking it there but she doesn't have a choice. We chose it for the money because my sister and I are supporting her now and it was too expensive where she was before.

there were no assisted livi...

there were no assisted living 1 or 2 room units',I saw few people around some sitting in the lobby. The cost was far more expensive than other places

I've visited this place and put it on...

I've visited this place and put it on my short list.

All inclusive 3-meal-a-day plan; no k...

All inclusive 3-meal-a-day plan; no kitchen

Visted.... Ellie called and left mes...

Visted.... Ellie called and left message Wed Nov 10 around 3 pm, returned call around 5 pm for her to call me back.

Brookdale Place of South Charlotte provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.