Atria MerryWood - Charlotte, NC

Atria MerryWood - Charlotte, NC has yet not published prices.

The people were lovely and informative. The only reason for the 4 is the darker halls and outdated kitchens/bathrooms in the apartments from a 60 yr. olds point of view. My mother, 84, liked everything just fine.

Wonderful place

Like being on a cruise

The staff take good care of you. They are friendly and encouraging. The food is good and they keep the community clean. They offer a lot of daily activities. I would recommend taking a look to see if this community would work for you.

Don't think anyone will care...

We are only three weeks in. So far, we are considerably unimpressed. This facility is understaffed and not great at following through in promises. Examples:
• The mail from the prior resident is still being delivered to my MIL's mail box. I had to change the name information myself.
• my MIL was not assigned an "ambassador or buddy" as we were told
• trash and boxes were stacked up outside her residence and a neighbors for 6 days before I complained loud enough for the trash to be removed. Safety hazard.
• we still haven't received a parking spot as promised.
• the wiring is odd. The TV has to be reset multiple times per day.
• housekeeping staff were kind enough to drop by to introduce themselves and tell us that they only have two staff members and we should only expect monthly housekeeping services; not weekly as promised.
• the door weather stripping is still in the middle of the floor despite being reported via work order. Again, tripping and safety hazard.
I could go on and on but I'm busy looking at alternate options.

Kate Vance

Hi Sascha, thank you for taking the time to reach out. I’m sorry to hear that we are not meeting all of your expectations and I’d like to help. Can you email me directly at [removed]? From there, I can gain a better understanding of your circumstances and how best to assist.

I Love This Community

My loved one is having a hard time adjusting to her move to this community, but I do feel this is really nice community overall. I love the staff, they have great to work with. They provide nice meals, and have good activities available for the residents. Hopefully with some more time she will get involved in the community. This is a fine community. and I would recommend it.

needed more social access

We did not actually visit the place so everything is second hand. We were grateful to them for offering to hold an apartment in independent living while my father-in-law took time to recover in assisted living from his recent fall. As it turned out he left after 3 days and went back to his apartment and is doing just fine getting around with a cane. He had a list of grievances. I think the primary one was that the people in the assisted living section were not friendly. The whole point of him living in one of these places was to have easy social access to other seniors. I think the mistake Atria made was in not taking him to the independent living area for meals so that he could be meeting others more like him.

Kate Vance

Hi, Cathy. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about your father-in-law’s experience at Atria MerryWood. We’d love to have you come see our community first-hand to explore how we can help your family - and if an independent living apartment would fit your father-in-law’s needs. If you have any additional comments to share or need anything further, you can reach us at [removed].

Beautiful Community. Too expensive for my budget.

Of the facilities I have visited, this is the most favorable at this time. [Removed] was point on, the location is great for me, the grounds and facility were clean, staff nice and the residents we saw were very happy. We left feeling like we know the ins and outs and were very satisfied.

Definitely 4-star!

Parents have been here for over three years. Minimal complaints, lots of compliments. Let's get the negative out of the way. Parking is inadequate. Moderate staff turnover can be difficult on this population. **Annual price increases are too high, even for the high level of services provided. Food is above average in quality and variety. Beautifully manicured landscape, centrally located to shopping, medical care, and uptown. Pets are welcome to visit or for a fee, to stay. Active resident council. Wide variety of activities offered from Wii tennis and bowling to Bridge and Tai Chi to performances from various community groups. Holidays are celebrated with the glamor of New York City and families are invited to attend almost all events from picnics to German Polka bands, to a cappella groups. Valiant efforts are made to contain the inevitable viral outbreaks within the facility. Wish they had room to offer all levels of care instead of just independent and assisted living.

Nothing But Good Things To Say!!

The Atria MerryWood has been amazing. I cannot think of anything bad about this place. The staff is wonderful, they are very friendly. The community allows pets so my mother was able to take her dog which made her happy. The overall look of the community is beautiful. The inside and outside are maintained very well, there are always new flowers being planted outside of the buildings. My mother is staying in a large studio apartment with a walk in closet, she is very happy. The neighbors are very nice she is making a lot of new friends. They even have physical therapy on site. I am very content with our decision to choose this place.

Five Star!

I was able to go on a tour here and i fell in love with this place. The staff was helpful and very nice. They answered all my questions and showed me everything. I would have loved to send my loved one here, but the price is really expensive. However, it is well worth it. I would recommend them to others.

Mom's Care

This is a nice community. We are happy with this community. She is happy with the food and the variety. There are activities available to her. I would recommend this community for families wanting good care for the value.

Loved the community!

The community was very clean and well kept. The staff that took me on tour was very helpful and addressed all of my concerns. We had the opportunity to try the food and it was really good. We were invited back to partake in one of the evening activities which was amazing. They provided a big band and had a special dance.

No Problems

My step father is doing well at this community. He has adjusted well to it and seems to like it here. Everyone has been very helpful and friendly. Overall this is a nice community and everything has worked out very well. I have had no problems with this community and I would recommend it.

The people are nice!

My mom is here, the people are nice ... there was a issues in the beginning however, things are panning out now.

Everything is going fine

I think everything is going fine. My Mother is the one that is living there and according to her she is being treated well and loves the place, the staff, and the residents.

Short stay, but a very nice place

My loved one was only here for a brief time, but I'd say our short experience was a positive one. The facility was well kept and clean, and the staff all seemed very friendly and caring. We ended up needing to move her because Atria does not offer the level of medication management she required, but it is definitely a very nice place for those not needing that service.

A fabulous place, it was big and easy to get around.

My mom lived here a few years ago when she thought she was ready. They were great! It was just drop dead gorgeous. A fabulous place, it was big and easy to get around. It's one of the best places in the area, I looked around at about 15 different places.

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community while looking into senior living options for a loved one. Atria Merrywood seemed like a very nice place, overall! The facility itself was well kept and clean, and the staff all seemed friendly and helpful.

Looked very nice

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I was very impressed by what I saw here! It was a nice looking, clean community, and the staff all seemed very friendly. Unfortunately when we toured they did not have any openings, and the wait list was around 6 months. It was a very nice looking place, and I'd definitely recommend checking it out!

Impressed with this locatio...

Impressed with this location as an independent living option. When we look for such a facility for ourselves, it will be high on the list.

Very nice place!

We're very very impressed by what we've seen at Atria MerryWood! The personnel, the programs, the amenities, and the facility itself are all wonderful! The meal plan is great, and they've been nothing but accommodating in working with us. We took our loved one to tour a few that we selected, and she signed up on the spot after seeing this place! She's even got a few friends planning to take a look at it after hearing all the good things she had to say. We'd definitely recommend it to others!

They were very professional. Our stay was very short, but they were really good. MerryWood was wonderful they were very accommodating, and they helped us get furniture for our loved one. We liked how active and social they were, kind of like resort living, with assistance. They really were very sweet and just a great group of people.

Living there now, no memory...

Living there now, no memory care.

Very nice place

Our loved one stayed at this facility for a time, until her care needs necessitated a move elsewhere. This is a lovely, albeit expensive, community for those with few care needs. The staff are all very friendly and professional, and the residents here seemed very content. We transferred our loved one here from an out of state Atria facility, and they were very helpful during the transfer and really made that whole process very easy for us, which was a big benefit.

Southern Setting

My Mom lived there for 2 1/2 Yrs. coming from Fl.
Unfortunately I had to move her to an Assisted Living Place, she fell and fractured her Hip and needed more Help.She was very happy at Merrywood and the Staff is friendly and cheerful, sorry to say not were she is now.
The Apartments are very nice with Balcony, she used a lot.
She had a 1 BR Apartment, with Kitchen and Washer /Dryer in the Apartment.

We moved our loved one with Alzheimer...

We moved our loved one with Alzheimers to this facility in the hopes of her taking advantage of the many activities, outings and nutritional food choices offered. Unfortunately her present mental status and her anger at being taken from her home has caused her to not participate in much of anything so although she is paying for all these amenities she is not taking advantage of them.
She is in the independent living area so no care services per se are provided unless contracted with an outside agency.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your feedback. I understand your disappointment regarding your family member’s lack of involvement in the many engaging events, activities, and adventures that are planned for our residents’ enjoyment. Our residents choose which activities they wish to participate in and they set their own schedules. We encourage our residents to remain active and involved, but we also respect their need for privacy and time to themselves. If you have any suggestions of ways we can encourage more participation, please let us know. You are also very welcome to attend any of our events with your loved one. We are happy to send you a calendar any time, and you can reach us by calling our community directly at [removed] or via email at [removed] (please include the Atria community name in your subject line.)

Atria was wonderful, wonderful, extre...

Atria was wonderful, wonderful, extremely friendly staff it's just that his dementia progressed to the point where they couldn't take care of him anymore.

The only apt. available is ...

The only apt. available is too small. Does have w/d. Nice location. Three meals included in price.

ATRIA MERRYWOOD - LOVED IT! MY DAD WAS VERY HAPPY THERE AND WOULD RECOMMEND IT!

MY DAD LIVED AT ATRIA MERRYWOOD FOR ALMOST 3 YEARS AND LOVED IT THERE. HE LIVED IN THE INDEPENDENT LIVING AREA AND WAS ABLE TO KEEP HIS BELOVED DOG WITH HIM, WHICH WAS VERY IMPORTANT TO HIM AND TO US. THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT, ACTIVITIES WERE GREAT AND THEY HAVE TRANSPORTATION TO DOCTORS AND GROCERY STORES - ALSO HAVE ACTIVITIES OUTSIDE OF THE COMMUNITY LIKE TRIPS TO THE ART MUSEUM AND TO BROADWAY LIGHTS SHOWS IN TOWN.
THE STAFF IS VERY GOOD AND CARING AND IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE WITH GENERAL HOUSE KEEPING YOU CAN HIRE ONE OF THE GREAT AGENCIES THEY PARTNER WITH TO HELP OUT ON EVEN A QUARTER HOUR A WEEK IF NEEDED, BUT 1/2 HOUR OR ONE HOUR PER WEEK TO HELP. IT IS A GREAT PLACE. I RECOMMEND IT.

I was there today.parking i...

I was there today.parking is a problem. They have only 20 assisted living rooms, the rest are independent,that means you are responsible for all the laundry. aside from meals and trips, I feel my husband could not stay there alone and I would be responsible for everything else,or else hire someone to assist him

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. I’m very sorry that we were not able to accommodate your need for an assisted living apartment, but I encourage you to check back with us or inquire about our waiting list. And I will be sure to share your review with the right staff who can evaluate the parking issue and determine if improvements can be made. If we can be of any assistance to you at any time, please contact us at [removed] and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Very friendly

Atria Merrywood is the perfect place for my Mom. Both staff and residents are very friendly and respectful. Her apartment is very generous in size, however there is limited storage. The grounds and the common spaces are beautiful and well maintened. There was some confusion in the begining due to change in staff ( sales force), but was soon corrected.

Fabulous facility.

Fabulous facility.

very nice. considering a contract.

very nice. considering a contract.

Really liked it. M&D liked what we to...

Really liked it. M&D liked what we told them.

Like it very much.

Like it very much.

Atria MerryWood is a hospitable community with all the grace and charm of southern living. On a sunny day, take a walk around the beautiful grounds, full of flowering trees and bushes. Located in the heart of Charlotte, Myers Park and Dilworth neighborhoods. Atria MerryWood received a 2007 Platinum Award from the National Assisted Living Nurses Association. At Atria, older people find more than a place to call home—they become part of a second family of neighbors and caring staff. Our residents enjoy the highest quality services; a wide choice of activities that nurture the body, mind and spirit; delicious, nourishing meals; and just the right amount of personal assistance to enjoy life with confidence. Helping seniors make a better life—that’s what Atria is all about.