Carillon Assisted Living of North Raleigh - Raleigh, NC

Carillon Assisted Living of North Raleigh - Raleigh, NC has yet not published prices.

no skilled nursing

Not impressed with the location

My tour here went well but I did notice that the residents were not interacting much with one another and my wife needs that interaction with people and activities. The courtyard also faced a street. I did not have a good feeling about this community at all.

Our visit

This community offers a spin down to medicaid option. It is a nice community and the people met were friendly and knowledgeable. This community was our second choice. They do offer a lot of activities. The community we chose was a little closer to the budget we were looking for.

Sorry Facility

This was a very stressful time for both my Mother and me. She was in the dementia area. Medicine was not given on time, showers were not given when suppose to based on many different excuses. Medicine overdosed twice and [removed] on her first week there and had to find out by another employee and was never informed about it. I observed other residents not eating and plates being picked up without helping them eat. One employee would stand by residents as they were being fed and stayed on her cell phone the entire time without assisting anyone. John the manager told me numerous conflicting information. They used the facility doctor to provide medical information that only benefited them and not the patient. If you care for your loved one, please do no leave them at this facility.

Carillon of Fuquay Varina

My mother never moved in here. We signed the contract and moved her furniture and set up her room and the day before she was to get out of rehab and move here the manager ran out in the parking lot to tell me that she could not move because the executives in the Corporate Office felt she would go "downhill fast in the next couple of months" due to her neuromuscular disease. I was totally blown away! Then the manager, John, said that it was his fault as he had said she was on Hospice. She is on Palliative Care to have help with her disease but she is very vital and mentally active and gets around to all her meals with her walker. After saying a couple of times that it was his fault he gave me his personal phone number and told me to call him. I did the next day to ask if it was definite that she could not move and he never called me back and never told me that they officially declined her. I had to scramble to find a place for her and will owe the rehab for an additional 5 days at $250 a day while I found a place, moved out all her furniture from Carillon and moved it all into her new place. I asked if he would help me pay for her hospital bed to be moved a second time ($100 each time) and he said he would ask Corporate. Never heard another word from him. This place is not resident oriented. They are more concerned about bottom line and Corporate measurements. I am so glad my mom is NOT here now and I have her in a wonderful caring facility in Cary called Heartfields. The cost is exactly the same and the management, staff and everyone you encounter are nice and helpful and have smiles on their faces and are happy to be there and love their job. Not so at Carillon. Things happen for a reason and now that I am not having a nervous breakdown over the unprofessional and uncaring experience I had at this facility I have to write this review so no one else goes through the hell I did.

Not enough security

I liked it, but they didn't have a lock down, the staff seemed to be real nice and I liked the way it looked but it didn't have what he needed. It was nice and it was way more expensive, about 2,000 more than Sping Arbor

At Carillon, we have a passion for nurturing the independence and well-being of seniors. Our passion inspires us to set a new standard of excellence for assisted living homes and senior services in North Carolina. Our communities are places where seniors go not to age gracefully, but to live well. Our care is designed to exceed expectations, rather than simply meet a need.