Autumn Leaves of South Barrington - South Barrington, IL

You can trust that your loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia is in good hands at family-owned and operated Autumn Leaves of South Barrington assisted living memory care in South Barrington, Illinois. We focus exclusively on memory care, providing care that’s based on the most up-to-date research, for our residents with Alzheimer’s or dementia.

At Autumn Leaves of South Barrington, you’ll notice the abundant natural light, wide hallways, a secure courtyard, and many other features, all carefully designed to help create an environment that’s safe, secure, and soothing for our residents.

Every moment matters at Autumn Leaves of South Barrington. With our So Much More™ programming, we learn about each resident’s interests, history, and preferences, and design personalized experiences that promote cognition, calm, and moments of joy.

Every employee at every Autumn Leaves assisted living community is trained in dementia care, because caring for those with dementia is the core of our business. This includes both the team who works with our residents every day, as well as the corporate office staff.

Our culinary staff is also trained specifically to recognize the needs of the individuals in our care. Each resident’s meals are personalized according to his or her preferences. Special occasions and festive experiences also play a part in the dining experience at Autumn Leaves of South Barrington. As a family member of a resident, you’ll be invited to attend these special occasions.

Since 2001, Autumn Leaves assisted living communities have been family-owned and –operated. Caring for those with Alzheimer’s or dementia is our family’s passion. That’s why Autumn Leaves assisted living communities have been recognized as the “best of the best” providers in dementia care by the Assisted Living Federation of America, the nation’s leading senior living professional organization.

Call us to schedule a visit and to learn more about the individualized care we can offer your loved one at Autumn Leaves of South Barrington memory care. It would be our privilege for our family to serve yours.

Care and comfort

We are happy with the care from this community. The staff is helpful to the needs of my wife. I like knowing she likes the menu. We like the cleanliness of the community. The staff offers alot of activities.We would recommend this community to other families for the good care of a loved one.

Judy Brown

We are glad you noticed our caring staff. We work very hard to find people who are genuinely compassionate caregivers and we train every single one of our employees in dementia care.

Very good but not perfect

I really do like the place very well decorated attractive clean nice staff only issue is my wife has a tendency to fall out of bed and I have not attended to a emergency alarm System

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your comments.

A good feeling for care

I like the care of this nice community. We like the staff and they always keep me informed on her progress or setbacks. I like the variety of the good meals with a nice variety. It makes me good knowing that she is in a home feeling. We highly recommend this care to other families wanting a nice community for the care of a loved one.

Judy Brown

We really appreciate your thoughts on our community. We put a lot of thought into the way we build each community and we’re happy that you noticed.

Very disappointed...

I was very excited after my tour of Autumn Leaves. it was the perfect location and my loved one's son was excited that it was close to him. A couple of days before my loved one was going to be discharged from the hospital, they told us they could no longer take him. I was extremely disappointed.

Judy Brown

As distressing as it is for us to hear about your unhappiness, we’d like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

A Community For Those With Dementia

So far so good for my mom. she seems happy and we are pleased with the move. They are giving updates about my mom, making good meals, and experienced with dementia. I like that they specialize in dementia residents and from what I compared, they provide the most activities specifically for dementia Everything is designed with the idea of a dementia resident living here. I would recommend them to family or friends.

Judy Brown

Welcome to the Autumn Leaves family! Thank you for your kind comments. We're so pleased you and your mother are having such a pleasant experience. Our staff is committed to creating a loving, supportive environment for all of our residents.

An Amazing Insight

i really liked the community when I toured. Every individual staff here are very good, it was nice meeting them. This facility was my number 2 choice. The room I saw was suitable with a private shower. The staff are skilled and they had activities available for the resident to enjoy.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and our community. We work hard to find staff who are genuinely compassionate and focused on our residents.

Autumn Leaves is lovely. New, and you can tell. Beautiful appointments. Extremely secure. Just for the memory-impaired. Not exactly right for my Mom at this time, because she is at a bridge between doing most things on her own, but not managing her medication, phone calls, etc. Again, if your parent needs more hands on, this is great.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments.

Concerned

This review is written as a second hand account of the experience my parent is having with their spouse's stay at Autumn Leaves. This is the second facility we have moved into and it appears that the reality of living somewhere compared to the experience you are buying into are two different things.
Over the last two months, frequent personnel changes with caregivers has created confusion and disruption to the daily routine. Personal items such as blankets, shoes, glasses etc. have disappeared and the staff blames it on mix ups with laundry (despite the fact that each person's laundry is supposedly done separately) or on other residents taking things from others. Personal hygiene is not maintained according to the schedule we were told about and the resident's family has had to ask for attention on more than one occasion.
The facility is well kept and welcoming and the administrative staff try to help out where needed but the sales pitch promises a different experience than what is delivered and it is causing stress on my parent each day.

Judy Brown

I want to personally apologize for any issues that were not addressed in a manner as timely as you would like, and want to assure you that we are taking immediate steps to review your concerns. We have already contacted our staff in South Barrington to share your comments.
Finally, as distressing as it is for us to hear about your unhappiness, we’d like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Home Cooked Food

Things have fine for us since my wife move into Autumn Leaves. The community is very clean and well kept. The staff has been great and kind to us and very helpful with my wife and all her needs. My wife hasn't partaken in any activities yet, but hopefully she can soon when she feel like it. The food is home cooked and fresh every time they serve the food and that is really nice. This is a good place to move your loved one to. I would recommend it.

Judy Brown

Thank you so much for your complement to our Culinary Staff. Much education and training goes into selecting and preparing appetizing menus for our community. We love the interaction of our residents at meal time and we work hard to make every meal an enjoyable experience.

We have had lots of mishaps

We have had lots of mishaps, falls and missing belongings. They work hard, but I think there just isn't enough staff. They are very friendly and caring, but I just haven't had the best experience here.

So far so good.

So far so good. It's very clean, and new, the people are nice. I think the food is really good. They were very comparable to other places in price. They aren't perfect, but we are really happy with them.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments.

very pleasant and very kind people

We toured Autumn Leaves of South Barrington and they were really great people. I really like how they have the place set up, in regards to lighting, how the hallways and colors are set up, etc. It is all very well done for Alzheimer patients.

They are all very pleasant and very kind people.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments regarding Autumn Leaves of South Barrington.

The sales director was the best person we worked with..

The sales director was the best person we worked with. She is compassionate. She gave us tons of extra time and effort. I think without her the facility wouldn't be the same.

Thank you for sharing.

Warm and Professional

They were very warm and professional. I actually selected Autumn Leaves of South Barrington as the facility to put my husband in but unfortunately he passed away. The facility was very clean. Everyone was friendly and warm. The value was great. They had a variety of activities. The care givers seemed really good. Overall, The Autumn Leaves seemed like a great community.

Judy Brown

First, allow us to express our sincere condolences for the loss of your husband and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughtful comments.

exceptional

My grandmother is doing very well there at Autumn Leaves of South Barrington. She is being very well cared for. My mom was very happy with the doctor that is helping out my grandmother. The quality of the medical care is exceptional. They are taking really good care of her, and that's all we can ask for.

Judy Brown

We are grateful to all of our families, like you, who have entrusted their loved ones to our care. Thank you for sharing.

Autumn Leaves of South Barrington is truly a beautiful, home-like environment for my loved one. The staff is friendly and well trained. The 24 hour nursing care is wonderful. Since it is brand new it has all the bells and whistles that you would want for the ever changing world of memory care. It is spotlessly clean and the furnishings are beautiful. The food is delicious and served in a homey environment. There are daily activities for the enjoyment of the residents as well as monthly support for family members. I give it a complete 5 star rating.

Judy Brown

Hearing your positive comments truly makes our day. Thank you again for taking time to review.

From your very first steps onto the property Autumn Leaves is as lovely as it is welcoming. Their staff is warm, trained and friendly. Since it is brand new it has all the bells and whistles in this ever changing world of Memory Care. Including support care for families. The 24 hour nursing staff are wonderful and keep your informed. No matter what time of the day or night, I go the residence is spotless. The food is delicious and is served in a pleasant atmosphere. It feels like a home and not a facility. Daily activities are planned for the residents enjoyment. It truly is a lovely facility

Thank you for sharing.

EXPERIENCE AT AL IN S BARRINGTON

The facility had literally opened a month before Dad was admitted. It's a beautiful setting all on one level with capacity for 45 residents. Dad was number 12 or so and we were able to select his room from those not already taken.
The entire staff, from healthcare to operations is the most wonderful, caring group of providers. The family is very comfortable with Dad's care. As he is the oldest and most feeble of the residents, he is well attended to.
There is a chef on duty to prepare all the meals which are healthy and very delicious.
The nursing and professional staff are very dedicated and well trained to handle the memory-challenged at the facility.
I give the Autumn Leaves a 5-star rating on service, care and facility environment.

Judy Brown

When a family places a loved one in one of our communities, that involves a level of trust, and that’s something we never take for granted.

They are probably the best place I've ever seen.

They are probably the best place I've ever seen. They are fabulous. I haven't had any concerns about anything, not the food, or the activities, not anything. They are great! They are clean, and friendly, and we couldn't have found a better place.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your post. We always appreciate positive comments from our family members, and we’re glad to hear you were pleased with Autumn Leaves of South Barrington.