Stoney Brook of Belton - Belton, TX

An ok community

I liked the units at this community as they did have access to the outdoors from them. I did notice while walking through that some of the lightbulbs were burned out and there were cables visible in the public areas. The person we met with was friendly, however I did get the sense that things were not taken care of.

They are pretty observant and proactive with the care

It's a very clean facility. The staff are pretty friendly, though I'm not sure they have enough staff. They are pretty observant and proactive with the care, offering the therapy that will help, and it is. The food is terrible, when they put the food down it looks like they are feeding a small dog, the portions are small. There is no imagination there, but they just got a new chef, so perhaps it will improve. I liked the size of the community, it's not too big. You look out over ranch lands and it's beautiful.

Beautiful, fairly new, very...

Beautiful, fairly new, very clean facility with attentive staff; young lady who toured us was not the contact person but was very helpful & informative; most residents we saw seemed fairly independent & mobile though the area for memory care was secure & those there needed more care; I would have my mom here if it weren't for the cost & maybe the size - there are plans to expand & make it even larger. $$$$

Terrible Experience

My dad loved playing bingo and getting involved in games. They had their own money called Stoney Brook Bucks and you could buy things with that money at the auctions. I thought that was a really neat idea. They would hold an auction the end of the month. Other than that, they were sour to my dad. They talked down to him like he was a kid, and they even tried to do that to me. I would not refer anyone there ever. It is so beautiful it is such a shame that it is run like it is. The two directors are just downright wrong and foul. They treat staff and residents nasty. My dad was assaulted there by another resident twice, and they didn't even report it, just told the two residents that they need to get along. I turned them in to the state. My dad is very verbal and they didn't like that about him. It is all about money and it is what it is. I was eventually able to talk someone above the directors that was very polite and helped us out and listened to us, and I really appreciated her. The place is beautiful, and within our price range, but the directors are so horrible it is not worth it. We moved him out.

Stoney Brook Senior Living of Belton is perched on a hillside that showcases dramatic views of the area beauty. Picture windows in the dining room and many common areas frame striking vantage points for residents. Relieved of housekeeping, home repair and meal preparation, residents can enjoy a variety of stimulating activities that provide social, educational, religious and recreational opportunities. Choices include community outings, musical programs, games, cards, gardening, painting, sewing, and much more.Conveniently located just off North Main St., Stoney Brook is near the hub of Belton activities, shopping, medical services and restaurants. The community is within easy access of Interstate 35 for travel to other Central Texas locations.