Elmcroft of Cottonwood - Temple, TX

Best Decision My Mother Made

We toured this place for our mother. She was the one to make the decision and after walking around she was sold! The residents seemed to be very happy and very "engaged in the day". My mother asked a couple of the residents how they liked living there and no one had anything bad to say. They were very complimentary of the staff, the rooms and the activities. Now she makes it a point to let new people know how much she loves living there.

Great Place

This place has been a miracle for my parents! My siblings and I have looked all over Temple and surrounding areas and realized quickly that Elmcroft is the place to be. The place is clean, spacious and has great staff. They have a nurse there daily and she is very knowledgeable about all of the people that live there. The people that give the medications is friendly and makes sure they are giving the medications correctly. They have been a Godsend with reaching out to the doctor in my absence to get things needed for my parents. This place is the place to be if you are looking for loving, compassionate people that care about the elderly.

Mom's new home

Our mom lives at Elmcroft! We looked at several places and we felt this was the best place for her. The staff is friendly and really seemed to know and care about the people staying there. They have been very helpful with Moms medication, we have had to make some changes with the meds. We are thankful that the clinic comes to Mom to have her blood drawn, it is so hard to get her out and back home once a week for that. Thank you Since Oct for our Moms New home!

Great Place!

We looked for a place for our Mom to live after Dad passed away. We looked at several places and were most pleased with Elmcroft. Mom has a great apartment. The staff all know her and ask about her. They have a comfortable atmosphere. Mom is happy with her new home.

Resident Review

I think this is the best Assisted Living to call home in the area. In fact it is my home.

Resident

I'm very happy in this community. I couldn't find better service.

Resident

For me everything is very good. If I have any concerns someone comes and talks to me immediately.

Family member

This is a beautiful community! My mother has lived there for 2 years and I have nothing but positive things to say. They are all so nice and take such great care of her. I highly recommend Cottonwood! 5 Stars!!!

Extremely active community schedule. Hair salon multiple days a week. 4 doors to inner courtyard. Only studios avail facing courtyard. No apt access to courtyard. Shuttle available. Saw residents engaging with one another in coherent manner.

Elmcroft of Cottonwood is a very nice community situated off of Loop 636 near Baylor Scott & White Medical Center. While it is not one of the newer facilities in and around Temple, it is easy to see that the staff at Elmcroft take pride in, and work very hard in, maintaining and improving their accommodations. All areas appear very clean and welcoming and the room selections all seemed spacious, comfortable and accessible. The staff that I met along the way were all friendly and seemingly eager to please.

Nice facility but not as upscale as other places

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Mother. I feel like this wasn’t as upscale as other places and it just wasn’t aesthetically. I found out there are two types of facilities when you look for assisted living. The type A assisted living is more for people who want to be independent and need help occasionally. Type B assisted living is for residents need more assistance. This is a type B community and I would recommend this place to people who need more help. The residents here are very friendly and they spoke highly of this facility. However, when I toured this community, they did have a waitlist.

We met with [Removed] for our tour. He spent a lot of time with us. Loved his love for the job and the people he worked with (staff and residents). We did not feel rushed. If you could clone him I think you would have a huge waiting list at all your facilities. Can't say enough good about him today!

Review of Elmcroft Of Cottonwood Temple, TX

Elmcroft has always been one of my favorite spots to market. I have a very good relationship with the CRD. I refer to them anytime I have the opportunity.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your kind words, Melissa! We are glad to hear you have had pleasant experiences.

I would give the Elm Croft 5 stars! My mother has lived there for 14 months and she loves it. The staff is very friendly and take care of her every need. She recently needed some different medical supplies and they took care of it without me having to ask!
I would recommend them to everyone that needs assisted living! Good job Elm Croft!

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad to hear your mom is loving her new home! We will pass along your comments to our local management team. Thanks again!

My dad has been living here over 2 years and has loved every minute of it.
All of the staff have been helpful and caring.

Megan Strothman

I love this community. The staff is excellent with my mom. They do a lot of activities that keeps my mom busy that she enjoys. Facility is always clean. They keep me informed of any concerns they have with my mother’s health.

Megan Strothman

I love living here. All the people are friendly and very helpful. We have a lot of fun activities. They take us on outings to area restaurants and anywhere else we would like to so. It’s not home but it is the next best thing.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review Rebecca! We are so glad to hear that your experiences have been pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we want to let you know that we LOVE having you here.

Very caring staff. Good, nutritional meals. Love the cook!

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your kind words!

A lovely facility. Very nice rooms and grounds. Mom could have been happy here but it wasn't convenient to other family members.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad to hear you had a positive experience while visiting us!

Top-Notch!

We are very impressed with this facility! The staff are very nice and caring and the building is well maintained. Overall, we found that this was the best fit for my father, in terms of the location, size and quality of care. This is a top-notch facility!

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind review! There is no greater honor than to be trusted with a very special member of your family. We will pass along your kind words to our local management team.

My tour

I was not impressed with the interior courtyard as it did not seem to be well maintained. I was tripping over pots and there was dirt showing through the grass. I did not like the layouts of the apartments. The community did not seem to be good for wheelchair residents.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not have a positive experience. We do have new management in place and we will ensure that the courtyard is safe for all of our residents.

A nice place for care

I toured this community and we liked the staff. The room layout was nice, but my mom wanted something bigger. The menu is nice but did not sample the meals. There was a nice community. We would recommend this community to other families for the care and value

Not recommended

One of my parents stayed here for six months, the staff is unskilled, they will promise you the moon but won't follow thru, very smooth talkers, food is bad.

Megan Strothman

We are sorry to hear that this has been a negative experience for you. Our mission is dedicated to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us. We take this mission very seriously and we are saddened to hear your comments. What you described in your review is certainly not indicative of how Elmcroft does business or treats their residents. We are known for our compassionate, friendly, and experienced staff who goes above and beyond for our residents. We are truly sorry you felt differently and therefore would like to apologize. With that said, we do have new management in place and we are more confident than ever that we will continue to enrich the lives of others. Again, I am sorry to hear this has been a difficult experience for you.

Elmcroft in Temple, TX has been exceptional. The staff responds quickly and are genuine interested in how our grandma acclimates to her new community. With many activities & parties, grandma loves getting dress up and having fun with her new friends.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear that your experiences have been pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we want to let you know that we LOVE having your grandma here.

Good Community With Kind People

I toured this community for my friend and her needs. The staff was kind and welcoming. Everything looked well maintained. From what they showed me everything looked nice and tidy. Everyone was very friendly. We had a nice experience. This wasn't the one for my friend and her needs.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents! We are sorry we could not meet the needs of your friend.

My dad has lived at Elmcroft over 1 year. He has been very happy. I am also happy with his care. I know he is safe & happy and that I can depend on the staff to let me know if he needs anything.

Review of Elmcroft of Cottonwood – Temple, TX

I am very happy here. I love my room. They keep it clean. The food is very good. The activity lady is so nice and she keeps us busy. Everyone is nice to me. I couldn’t ask for a better place to live.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad to hear you are loving your new home! We will pass along your comments to our local management team. Thanks again!

Review of Elmcroft of Cottonwood – Temple, TX

Recently moved in. Everything went smoothly. Administration and staff go above & beyond to assist. They are all very courteous. They provide excellent professional assistance. Pleasant atmosphere. Great activities. Food is excellent. Would highly recommend this facility to others.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear that your experiences have been pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

The best decision we could have made!

We moved our mother into this community a few months back and could not have made a better decision as a family. The staff is so warm and friendly and made us all feel very welcomed from the beginning. They are well-trained and are compassionate about the care they give the elderly. They even have a full-time nurse and a doctor that visits weekly. In a short time, the staff had our mother active with exercises, attending activities and very social. They have a great variety of activities (so much more than BINGO). She also goes out to eat and goes shopping often. The other residents that live there are happy and very friendly. The food is great and the nursing staff is well trained and goes above and beyond when giving care. We are telling all of our friends that Elmcroft is the place to get the greatest care for their mothers and fathers!

I would not recommend at this time.

When my parents first moved to Elmcroft of Cottonwood things were great, but now it's not. They don't have anyone to cook, the food is horrible, my dad is refusing to eat. They are having a hard time hiring people. My mom was standing in the hall crying one day and she never cries. We found three bugs in my parents room, that's not good. I would not recommend this community at this time. I'm really hoping it improves.

expensive

Elmcroft of Cottonwood is expensive but it is the fairest one of the ones I've viewed. I think the location is good. The way that the place is set up is good also. It has been a good but it is just expensive. I now know how expensive it will be when I get to that point especially when you don't have anything planned.

Above Average Facility

The med-techs are above average. Pretty much everything there is above and beyond, compared to my grandmother who was in assisted living six years ago. I have no complaints whatsoever with the facility.

mother is happy

My mother is very happy and doing well at Elmcroft of Cottonwood.

There were a few challenges moving in, specifically regarding the room she was initially in (the layout relative to the hall, the person she was going to be sharing it with, and a couple other things) but everything got worked out in the end, and she is doing well now.

Nice looking place, overall

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. This seemed like a very nice place, overall! The staff we met were friendly, and the facility itself was clean and well kept. They are worth a look, if you are looking into senior care options in the area!

The staff was very patient and kind while mom was staying there. The facility was kept clean and the food was excellent. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good assisted living home.

Met with activities directo...

Met with activities director on weekend; contact person had not received info to meet; facility overall clean but a little older & larger than I wanted for my mom; keeping this in mind as a second choice...

Very nice place!

My loved one has been here for a few months and so far it's been a good experience. The people are nice and they've helped us get a lot of care issues straightened out. They worked with us and her physician to get her medication adjusted and regulated. Her health has really improved since moving here, and she's started putting on weight for the first time in years! The food is very good, and she's getting 3 regular meals a day now.
The one issue we've had that took the score down a bit is that there have been multiple instances of things going missing from her room.

My visit to this facility w...

My visit to this facility was wonderful also. The tour was great and so were employees i met during my tour. Of course my father will be making the decision of his choice.

Very nice & homey feeling. ...

Very nice & homey feeling. This would be my 2nd choice.

Welcome to Elmcroft of Cottonwood, located in Temple, Texas, offering exceptional assisted living care options for seniors.

Elmcroft of Cottonwood is an intimate, senior living community designed to provide optimal comfort, care and privacy. Some features include:

• Private and shared assisted living apartments
• Charming, home-like community settings
• Common areas for socializing, dining and entertaining
• Easy access for those with limited mobility
• Signature Programming: Vitality Club, Walking Tall, and Second Wind Dreams®

Our carefully selected and trained staff are equipped to assist residents with activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and management of medications. While we offer a helping hand with day-to-day tasks, residents are treated as the accomplished individuals they are. Each assisted living resident has the freedom of choosing their own agenda and activities, while feeling secure in knowing that we’re always there to provide support should they need it.