The Legacy at Georgetown - Georgetown, TX

I loved it.

Care and comfort for mom

I like knowing that my mom is in good care from this nice staff. The community is clean and they have a nice environment. The staff make the residents feel important and cared about. The activities are offered to the residents who want to participate. We recommend this community for the great care and value for other families

Satisfied with my Mother Respite Stay

I was satisfied with my mother's respite stay experience here at this community. It is a really nice community, and everything went well. This is a nice facility with kind people. The staff was good with their communication. They were also accommodating, and kind. Everything worked out well, and this is a community I would recommend.

An active happy place

Mom seems happy , she has a great room and has made some lovely friends. There are always activities and outings. However i do wish there was an internet portal to help track upcoming activities, supplies (especially toiletries and incontinence products), caregivers notes, and finally doctors and home health staff visits and reports. Overall communication about the details of care could be improved.

Very happy

I moved my mother into Legacy a couple of months ago and have been very pleased with the staff and my moms care! The building is really nice and inviting and the staff is very friendly. They have recently brought in a new Director and she is so nice and welcoming. Some of the other managers are new as well but everyone is very professional and goes out of their way to make my mom feel special. The pricing is inclusive so that helps us a lot as far as future planning. I would definitely recommend touring the Legacy and meeting some of the residents there.

We Pleased With This Community

My sister in law is doing well here at this community. She seems to like here. The community is very well maintained, her room and the facility is very nice and clean. They have a wonderful staff here, they have been great to work with. She is pleased with the food. I know she is safe and in good hands. This is a community I would recommend.

Overall they were pretty good.

Overall they were pretty good. The caregivers were really good, but we did have some issues with medications. It was very clean, the food was good, their activities program was really good.

They Have Done Well

I think they have done very well setting up everything. It is kind of like a nice hotel. In the memory care unit they have about three really, really good caregivers. But it is very difficult to get in and out as a guest because of the lockdown situation and I don't know what they can do about that. They could also address the food too. Overall it is the best place for the value though.

pleased overall

I know at The Legacy at Georgetown that my sister is being taken care of. The cost of all of these kinds of places is too pricey. I am pleased with the staff. They are very friendly and caring. I am really pleased overall with this facility. It has been a good experience.

no complaints

I have no complaints at this time about The Legacy at Georgetown. Things are going really well there. The facility is clean and the staff are really friendly there.

I helped my father find care for two years in San Antonio after a severe stroke. It ran the gambit from home care, assisted living, nursing home, and hospice. The one thing that stands out in this struggle is the people who run the facility. The Legacy at Georgetown has a very beautiful facility but more important the management and staff are very caring and helpful people. This was very important in the decision to move my mother there.

The Legacy at Georgetown/Heritage Hall

I was very impressed with the immediate response I received from the personnel. They were both very caring and concerned about my situation. My husband is very happy there and the one-on-one contact stretches far beyond the immediate staff. From the PA's to the nurses, recreation people to the cleaning staff and administration, everyone goes above and beyond to meet the needs of my husband. They also care and ask about my needs as well, both mentally and physically as I was sole caretaker for him the last four years. I am so pleased with my decision to place my husband in The Legacy at Georgetown. The facility is very clean and the meals are gourmet. My husbands accommodations are excellent as well. In my opinion, it's a truly wonderful place.

Bad experience

We did not have a good experience with The Legacy at Georgetown. It started out as a very nice place, but over the course of a year really went downhill. They had a lot of staff turnover, and ended up very understaffed. We stuck it out with them for quite a while, but they never came through on the promises they made to improve things. Eventually we moved our loved one to a different place, it just didn't feel safe here.

My mother was a resident at the Legacy at Georgetown, and I can't say enough good things--they bent over backwards to keep her engaged and happy, the accommodations were consistently well maintained, meals were served beautifully and activities were well designed. Communication with us was excellent and medical staff was attentive. Staff was always helpful and cheery, and clearly loved what they were doing. It gave us tremendous peace of mind to know she was there. My thanks to all!

Newer with great technology

This was one of the places we considered when we were looking for options. It was more expensive and didn't offer as many things, so the value wasn't there for us. It was newer and they have some great technology. I liked it and it was closer to us so it would have been very convenient. They didn't seem to have anything going on, we called it sleepy town.

It's very clean, and they have a nice calm atmosphere.

We recently chose to move to The Legacy at Georgetown. It's very clean, and they have a nice calm atmosphere. The food was really good too. It's a great community.

Review of The Legacy at Georgetown Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Georgetown, TX

Good but not as nice as Summit and Belmont now; maybe in time, too new now.

A lot of room for improvement

Our experience with The Legacy at Georgetown as been a somewhat disappointing one. The facility itself is nice looking, and the staff are all very friendly, but they have quite a few areas they need to improve on. To start, the orientation process for new residents and their families could be much better, as well as just the communication with families in general. Memory care is not a one size fits all type of care, and they could do a better job working with the families to design and customize a care plan for their loved ones. I would also be more comfortable if they were better at documenting and providing proof of the care they say they're providing.
The facility also feels understaffed. While the public areas are usually kept very clean, the individual rooms do not get much attention. They could also do a much better job with the activities, I'd like to see more outings and events for the residents.
Overall it just feels like there is a lack of direction and leadership from both the administrative staff as well as the nursing and care staff.

The Legacy was beautiful. ...

The Legacy was beautiful. The floor plan we would be interested wasn't currently available and probably won't be for a while. The Legacy will be the standard to use going forward. Thank you for setting up the appointment.

Extremely Nice but Very Expensive

It's nice! I went to the open house. It's obviously very expensive. It was so new. It had just opened a couple of months ago. The only impression I got was that it's a very nice place but you have to have some money to live there.

New, Young, Inexperienced Staff

It’s so new. We went and the staff was so new. It was all young people and they were just all scatter brained. Mom did not want to take a chance with them because it was just a young, inexperienced staff.