Rocky Hollow Lake House - Georgetown, TX

waiting to move in

I haven't had an experience yet as my mother moves in hopefully next week. however I was able to look at this memory care facility and it looks great. its clean which is most important to me. I don't know if its well staffed I hope that it is. my mother has alzheimers and she needs that kind of care so the price I'm paying for her to be there should give her that kind of care. the prices listed on this site are not accurate and I will tell the people there at rocky hollow lake house...it fooled myself and my sister. it does need to be corrected. I just hope that she gets the best care for the money she is actually paying. the people seem nice there and that is a great plus. so I'm praying all goes well and I will report in after mom has been there awhile...God bless

There's no place like home...but this comes pretty close...

My father-in-law was at The Lodge during his final months and his stay there surpassed our expectations. Before coming to The Lodge he was at three different places so we had something to compare it to. The staff is very attentive.
They have a lot of activities and they make a great effort of getting the residence up and active doing something. In the days leading up to my father-in-laws death, his caretaker, Donna, even came in from home during the middle of the night to check on him. He loved westerns and when my father-in-law seemed unresponsive they had Bonanza playing on the TV just in case he could hear it. At times he was difficult to deal with but that didn't phase them. This is more than just a business to them, it's personal. My only regret is that we didn't put him at The Lodge sooner.

We are like family

My dad has been a resident at The Lodge at Rocky Hollow for almost four years. It was difficult a difficult decision for me to make to put him in residential care, but from the very first telephone conversation I had, I was treated with kindness, respect and dignity. My questions were answered completely and honestly. I visited the next day and my initial impression was confirmed. I continue to believe that my dad is living in the right place and getting the best care available for his needs. The Lodge is bright and clean and staffed by caring and compassionate personnel, who treat both of us as if we are family.

What a difference!

I transferred my 94 year-old mom suffering from dementia and incontinence from her former care center because my family and I found her treatment to be unacceptable. She had been left to languish in front of the nurses station in a wheelchair or recliner for the greater part of the day and evening except for meals. Also, upon arrival at the Lodge, Hope, the owner escorted mom to the toilet and noticed an "unforgettable" bleeding rash [removed] caused by being left in wet briefs at her former care center and the urine burning her.

Not only did mom heal physically while at the lodge, but also, her attitude brightened whether enjoying the outdoors and "big" view from the porch, petting the animals, playing games or chatting with the cook in the kitchen and "helping" stir cake batter. Mom was even able to walk with the help of a dedicated staff and a walker. Hope and her Christ-based team was there for mom every step of the way. Hope's daughter even wrote a piece and read it to mom the day mom went home to be with the Lord at age 96. At the time, two CNA's were in mom's room singing, "I'll Fly Away".

Great place for you love one.

The staff at Rocky Hollow are great. Thy are kind to my mother and give excellent care. The place is clean.

Thabkful for the care at the Lodges!

I have a friend that has been a resident at the Lodges for almost two years. I visit her a few times a week so I have an opportunity to observe the interaction between the staff and the residents during various times of the day and I am very comforted to see the loving care each resident receives! They are treated like family in a very loving and caring way. The owner is on site and she has a very good staff! I am thankful for the Lodges and the wonderful care they give my dear friend!!

This IS the Caring Environment I was Looking For

I think finding a place that I could trust to truly take care of my mother’s needs was one of the hardest things I have ever attempted to do. She was diagnosed with cognitive impairment in 2010. By the time we found The Lodge at Rocky Hollow in 2012, she had suffered physically and emotionally at several other facilities which advertised expertise in caring for those with this disease. So, it was a very critical eye that first reviewed thelodgeatrockyhollow.com website. The key factors that led me to visit were 1) that it was privately owned – by someone who had personal experience and compassion for those with memory loss, 2) it is small (implying a lot of individual care) and located out in the country and 3) The Lodge at Rock Hollow is a Certified Dementia and Alzheimer’s Assisted Living center. The owner – Hope Paffe, General Manager - Donna Amburn, and the staff really do understand and accept the special needs of those living with memory loss and are joyful and compassionate in delivering care. They don’t try to force the residents to meet some “idea” of how the residents should behave and just accept them as they are – part of the family. The affection and care given each and every person (residents and family) by the staff is palatable when you walk in the door. They have also developed a TEAM of visiting doctors, dentists, podiatrists, psychiatrists, home health and other caregivers, like hair dressers and activity providers that are also skilled and passionate about the care of the memory challenged. The grounds and Lodge are always well maintained and clean. The security and safety of the residents is held to very high standards, while still allowing them the freedom to be as independent as they can be. The residents are always clean, alert and accepting of each other and the care givers. Despite her illness, my mom has flourished under their care. I cannot express how grateful I am for this gift to us both. It started when we first drove up and she said “Oh, this is lovely!” I encourage you to visit for yourself to see if The Lodge at Rocky Hollow feels like “home” for your loved one. Best wishes~

very pleased & at ease

I really like that the moment we walk in to the very second we walk out, we fell as if we are all family. The staff go above and beyond for us as well as the other families that visit their loved ones. I really like how involved management is with the residents, you don't see that at other places much. And the activity director is amazing! She is always coming up with ideas for each residents needs and having entertainment come out, which is what we really like for our loved one. We also like that it's out in the hill country and about a 5 minute drive from Sun City. So happy to have found the lodge.

Thanks to The Lodge At Rocky Hollow

Struggling with the decision to relocate your mother is one of the hardest decisions a child can ever make in their lifetime. The great people at The Lodge helped make this change a easier one for my mother and me. Safety, comfortable surroundings, superior medical care, nutrition were just some of my requirements. I so much wanted her to feel loved and wanted. The staff at The Lodge did just that. They treated her like one of their own. Just wanted to say "thank you" to all the wonderful souls that loved and took care of my mother. The Lodge At Rocky Hollow is a wonderful home away from home.

They really care at Rocky Hollow

The people really know how to get the best out of the residents. My wife refused to get out of the car but they got her out in a flash and she has loved it there ever since. They give excellent personalized care, treating the residents with respect and genuine concern. The "suites" are huge (18'x20') and include private showers, sinks and refrigerators. The "back yard" is large and beautiful with the farm behind with goats and sheep.
Every day the activity room is filled with 15-20 residents either playing ball, attending book club, independently reading, talking with other residents or staff, watching movies, listening to "the oldies", getting hair/nails done or whatever. Of the five places I evaluated, Rocky Hollow was the most active.

I drive two hours to get here, and it's worth it.

They are privately owned, so they are a little on the expensive side. It has been very nice, they have given me a list of all his meds and what the doses are, so I am kept up to date. They are really good about the communication they let me know if anything has changed with the medication. They have a group of psychiatrists from austin that will come if needed to adjust the medication. I drive two hours to get here, and it's worth it.

Great Care for my Husband

My husband really doesn't participate but they have activities. They're really working hard at trying to help him out. He's doing pretty well. They're very busy trying to get all their resources to help him. They're doing their best but I'm not sure how much my husband is cooperating. The location and the facility was why we chose them. We really didn't know anything about the people involved at that point but as soon as we got involved with the administration and the caregivers we found them all to be just so caring and trying to hard to make things be comfortable for my husband. They don't seem to have any turnover in staff. I usually go there everyday and they are working hard from what I can see. Also, there are lots of places to walk outdoors which my husband really likes to do.

Great price

So far I haven't had any problems with them, but I don't like to give 5's. I think they're a lot better than the rest, they were all 6 grand. 4500 bucks, it's pretty hard to pay that but it's a lot better than the other joints. I would just say meeting the families needs, they're really receptive to any kind of comments/suggestions, things like that. it was the only one I could find at 4500 and if he couldn't have gone here I would have just kept him at home longer.

Beautiful country setting. Director a...

Beautiful country setting. Director and staff were super friendly. Lunch was good. Facility very clean. Rooms were nice with private baths but not furnished. The activity room was too big & blah. Director takes some residents for shopping trips or for drive. Laundry is included. $4,550/private $4,050/semi. 32miles/50mins.

Hope Paffe

We are always improving and making changes to better the lives of our own family members and the families we take care of. Our activity room now has a beautiful glass bird aviary, slot machine, piano and a 55 inch flat screen for our residents. A wonderful activity director leads numerous activities throughout the day and our activity room is large to accommodate the musical bands that come weekly.

The Lodge at Rocky Hollow is independently owned and managed. We are an aging in place community providing dignified and gracious care to those with Dementia, Alzheimers and all related disorders. Our facility is situated on 100 scenic acres just 4 miles west of Sun City, Texas. We provide all the amenities of a large facility such as a onsite beauty salon and theater but, provide loving individualized care to our 32 residents.

Our apartments have private showers unlike our competitors. We provide onsite doctor visits by Geriatric specialists for routine care and phychiatry.

Owner Hope Paffe, LVN, Certified Dementia Practitioner, 16 Years Geriatric Exp.