Grand Brook Memory Care of Grapevine - Grapevine, TX

Loved the people here, but feel that the residents are very different than Mom.

Feels Like Home

Grand Brook has been a really great experience for us so far. The community is small, and I feel the care is much more specific to my loved one's needs. The small size of the community allows the staff to tend to my loved one's needs more, and she seems very happy there. The food is really good, and the cook seems very aware and very caring about each individual's needs. There are a lot of activities here, and they do a lot to involve the families, which I like. One thing I did notice upon first visiting the community is that it's very clean, and it feels like someone's home. It's well kept and comfortable, and I would recommend it.

Nice facility but more expensive

This review is based on first impressions of touring. This community is very nice and laid out like a very large older home with one main activity room and multiple activity nooks and eating areas. I really liked this community and the executive director and staff members I met. However, it was at the upper end of our budget and not conveniently located for our family. I would highly recommend this community to other families to consider.

I'm Impressed

They have surpassed all of our expectations! Because I am in another state, they personally escorted my mom to their community, paying for all of their own travel expenses. Most important to me was their willingness to take on her behavior that could often be quite challenging.
They are keeping in contact with me and graciously send me photos with my mom and her friends. Each of the staff is wonderful with her. They have activities almost everyday which have helped tremendously in calming her down and helping her feel at home. They are helping with everything, even with surgery that was unavailable in my state. I would recommend them to anyone seeking superior memory care for a loved one.

Top Picks

I had a very nice tour of this community. I really liked it, and this community was one of my top picks. The community looked great from what I saw. Everything was nice and clean. The staff was very kind and friendly. It was a very nice experience. This is a good community with friendly people.

A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE

I have cared for all the parents so I feel like I figure some of what is said is just a part of sales. When I met with Jodie (marketing) she explained a wonderful place for my mother, in my experience I know there is no perfect place. After moving my mother in, I felt like I had found the perfect place. The staff is friendly, kind, patient and attentive to no only my mother but also to our family. The activities director is remarkable, she keeps the residence busy With creative ideas on my different levels of cognitive abilities. Mom is always clean, her room is clean and they look for ways to make sure ahe is accommodated with her interests and abilities. We are blessed

Better than I could have hoped.

Exceeded expectations I didn't even know I had because they are so much better than a previous facility which at the time I thought was excellent!

Nice looking place, overall

When I visited, the staff was very friendly and the value was very reasonable. I really liked how they have adult day care services by the day which is what I am looking for at the moment. They do have activities, but I did not participate so I really cannot say anything about that. Overall, i really like this community.

very positive experience

Our experience with Stoneybrook Memory Care has been very positive. It is a tough time for my father but they have been very helpful, and have given us continual input on how he is doing, his overall state of mind, etc.

I do think they could have a little bit more activities on the weekend, as the activities director works only weekdays.

highly recommended for memory care situations

Very caring, knowledgeable staff. So impressed that I feel 100% at ease knowing Dad is well taken care of now.

14 mi from Kris, outings, c...

14 mi from Kris, outings, center ctyd, carpet, nice lighting, openness, key needed to access room, social/spiritual activities, dementia care only, salon on site, large closets, memory boxes w/pic at door of room, music/pet therapy, admin staff 8+ yrs, bath or shower option, podiatrist is Mom's, higher functioning res than Garland

Happy

My mom has been at Stoneybrook in Grapevine for a week and everything is going well. I find the activities for her are good and the staff is really great and very friendly. The building is clean and doesn't smell.My mom seems to be getting stronger and appears happy there. I couldn't ask for more.

We really liked this place; but we ar...

We really liked this place; but we are trying an in home service for now. Also, at the very top of our budget.

Beautiful, clean, active. Rooms very ...

Beautiful, clean, active. Rooms very nice. Fee waived in Nov.

I visited this facility. It was a ni...

I visited this facility. It was a nice facility, comparable to the one where Mother was living. I have a favorable impression of this facility.

Took a tour today with director. Love...

Took a tour today with director. Lovely place. Private rooms available. Residents were happy. Grounds and building are fairly new and nice. $5,350 per month for small private room which includes all levels of care. Furniture is provided with full size bed, nite stand, lamp, dresser. We can add other things to it also. No kitchen area set up, just bedroom and bathroom. Very friendly staff and chef. Dish network plug in room but costs extra. Telephone service is extra. Medication information is kept electronically with reminders to eliminate human error. They check in on patient every 2 hours/ 24 hours a day unless told otherwise by family.

Stoneybrook Memory Care began as a family commitment in 1998 to provide innovative & personalized care to those living with memory impairment. Our founders have 35 years of memory care experience and include a multigenerational family of nurses, business developer, educator and interior designer.

Our journey began over 15 years ago, as we successfully developed one of the nation’s finest assisted living communities that is 100% dedicated to dementia care. As our company continued to develop and manage existing and new communities we quickly grew into the largest memory care provider in Texas & 2nd largest provider in the country. While we are proud of these accomplishments we are now honored and excited to be extending the same level of superior services through our Flagship communities, Stoneybrook Memory Care. Our core leadership teams, including management and care giving, are highly knowledgeable and experienced in memory care - many of whom have been with our company for over 13 years. We understand how difficult this time can be for a family and how important it is to find a community you can trust for your loved one. Our family embraces this responsibility and considers it a privilege to partner with the families at each Stoneybrook Memory Care community.