Brookdale Oak Hollow - Bedford, TX

Brookdale Oak Hollow - Bedford, TX has yet not published prices.

Do not put your loved one in this facility.

Feb 2018 is when my loved one moved in. June 1, 2018 she went to another facility. It seems that if I list the problems we had at this facility my post will not show up. I do not recommend Brookdale Oak Hollow. Poor care, RN is just a decoy for "Wellness Coordinator" , RN"s are not allowed to help residents. If you ask them to call Home Health they forget to do that also. Be fore warned this facility is not meant for dementia residents. If you are looking for just Assisted living your loved one will do okay.

Very Pleased

We are really pleased with the care they are providing for my mom at Brookdale Oak Hollow. It is a clean and well-kept community. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. They are very welcoming to our family when we come to visit. The staff is very friendly and attentive to my mom's care needs. I have good communication with the staff regarding any questions or concerns I have regarding my mom's well-being. I think the meals that they serve are good. They have a nice enclosed area for the residents to be able to get outside and enjoy the fresh air. I would recommend this community to others.

Older, but still nice!

My loved one and I enjoyed visiting this Brookdale location! The staff was very friendly and the facility was quite clean. My primary concern was the fact that the facility looked rather old. It seemed a little depressing and outdated, which isn't quite what I wanted fro my loved one. Overall, this was a fairly good facility.

Overall positive experience.

I did not schedule a tour with Brookdale and popped in to look at the community. I felt it could use more updating because the building looks tired. I was impressed with the care they offer.It was just difficult to get all my questions answered because they weren't expecting me.

Second Choice!

When I toured the Brookdale they were very cordial, I liked it. After touring this community, though I went on several other tours and found Brookdale closer to my home that offered the same things. It was a very nice place with nice people.

Nice Community for My Dad

This is a nice community, and my dad is still adjusting with his move here. It is a really nice facility, and I'am comfortable with him living here. The staff has been great with helping him get adjusted, and they have very kind. They do a good job keeping everything nice, and clean. The experience has been a good one so far.

Dad's Tour

I toured this community for the care for my father. I did like the staff and the cleanliness of this community. I did like the activities that would of been offered to him. We had all of our questions answered. The meals seemed to be good. This community was very good, but we did want something closer to our home. I would over all recommend this community to other families for the care and well being of a loved one.

First Rate Care for Loved Ones Suffering from Memory Loss

My Mother-In-Law has lived here for the past 6 weeks and so far I am very favorably impressed. This is a second try for us, as the facility she was in before was not a good fit.

When she first came to Brookdale Oak Hollow, her condition had deteriorated drastically in the other facility and she was heavily medicated. After settling in here, her health has improved as well as her cognition, and her need for drugs has been reduced enough for her to regain some of her personality.

I think the secret at Brookdale is the caring attitude of the whole staff, and the excellent training everyone has in dealing with memory loss patients and dementia. I've spent a lot of time visiting in the past month and I really like the compassion, patience and level of knowledge that is obvious in the way the residents are treated. All employees, from the executive director and the management, to the nursing staff, to the food staff, to the cleaning staff and the activities director, are personally involved with every single resident - knowing their names, family members and life history. I was amazed at how they meet all their "Brookdale Family" on their own terms, protect their dignity and don't allow anyone in their care to lose their humanity. Everyone is important here.

The folks here have a policy of educating the families as well as the employees. There are support meetings and educational programs that help loved ones hold on to as much of the relationship as possible for as long as possible. Just from being here for 2 weeks, my husband and I gained communication skills that allowed us to have some meaningful visits with Mom. We really appreciated that.

One thing that is so constructive is that all bedroom doors remain locked at all times and only the designated family members and staff have keys for entering the private space of the residents. This has several good effects - the first of which is the protection of each resident's privacy and and the protection of their belongings. The second benefit is that every morning, each resident is dressed and brought our of their rooms to the dining hall for breakfast, and for the rest of the day, they are encouraged to stay in the public areas where they mingle and socialize, participate in various activities and in general are a part of the community here. During the day, all residents are in full view of the staff during their waking hours, providing protection for their privacy and preventing the isolation that sometimes occurs in other assisted living environments. When needed, the staff are careful to take an ailing resident to their room for quiet and rest, but for the most part everyone is encouraged to engage in life. This creates a better environment for everyone. One side effect of this policy is that visiting family members not only get to visit their loved ones in a more engaged way, but they also gradually get to know the names and stories of the other residents and their families. This is a different kind of facility and I like it very much.

A lot of thought has gone in to the design of the building and the layout encourages residents to exercise, and promotes a feeling of freedom. They subtly make sure the premises are safe and that no one gets in or out without being observed, however within this safe bubble, there is an impression of largeness, long, long corridors that are designed in a circuit, and doors that open to a safe, and enclosed outdoor atrium. There is nothing claustrophobic here and this sense of freedom is huge for people who are experiencing the fear of losing their bearings. This is one of the most well thought out facilities I have ever seen.

Nothing is perfect and there are a few things that I'd like to see improved. There is some great research being done on the effects of diet on dementia, and I'd love to see their food program become as forward thinking as their behavioral and educational policies. Still, the food here is better than most institutional food programs and Mom seems to like her meals and usually eats everything that is served. There are 3 meals per day and 2 snacks. Everyone eats together.

Honestly, on the surface, Brookdale doesn't look any different from other assisted living facilities. It is not the look of the place that makes it so different, but it is the way things are done here that make this a dignified place to come when a person needs more help than can be had at home. I think you could go a long, long way and spend a lot more money and not get this level of education, care and compassion. Mom's family members have all noticed a significant improvement in her overall well being since coming to Brookdale. When my time comes, I want to come here myself.

Very nice community!

The community is located close to home for me.The tour staff was not available when I arrived at Brookdale Oak Hollow but the front desk staff offered me a quick walk through. The community looked to be very organized and clean throughout. It is a very beautiful community and well kept throughout. They offer a great support group for families to attend. They provide a handout in the meeting with useful information in how to deal with memory care.

Caring and patient staff

The staff is very caring and communication with the family has generally been good, though sometimes it takes persistence. Residents have varying levels of cognitive impairment and staff members seem patient and compassionate. Facility is generally clean but could use updating. I would recommend this community.

Good experience

We are very pleased with how things have turned out at Brookdale Oak Hollow, I'd give them high marks across the board. Our loved one has settled in very well, and really seems to be enjoying it here.

Oak Hollow appears to be the ideal place for my aunt.

Open and frequent communication with staff. They are very familiar with my aunt's needs, progress, personality, vul-nerabilities, limitations. I am impressed that they have come to know her so well so fast. The pace and variety of activities offered is outstanding. The food is also outstanding.

Wonderful place!

Things have gone very very well with Brookdale Oak Hollow! The staff here is absolutely wonderful! The care staff is attentive and accommodating, and everyone from the aides to the management staff is attentive and welcoming! I also really appreciate that they have hospice workers on site. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they have a lot to provide for the residents. I really couldn't be happier with them!

They changed ownership at Brookdale Oak Hollow the week that we enrolled there so there was a lot of confusion. They weren't keeping records good enough during the first few weeks. Dad had several injuries there. He had a lot special needs due to cancer and many things were falling through the cracks. I will say things are better now.

So far everything is running smoothly.

So far everything is running smoothly. It's clean and the staff is friendly. We don't have any complaints. He loves the food there, which is surprising because he can be really picky. We are pretty happy with it so far.

Nice place

We're very happy with how things have gone at Brookdale Oak Hollow! It's really a very nice place. The staff are very friendly and caring, and they do a great job looking after the people here. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and all of the residents seem comfortable. We're glad we found them!

Nice. But further away tha...

Nice. But further away than I wanted

We recently had to move my dad in to ...

We recently had to move my dad in to this facility. It was a very difficult decision but the staff at Oak Hollow made the transition much less trumatic than we anticipated. The care my dad is receiving is excellent. We have been very pleased with everything from the food to the cleanliness. The activities director does a wonderful job coordinating events and keeping the residents happy and occupied. My dad is adjusting much better than we anticipated thanks to the well trained staff at Oak Hollow.

Great, but too far

This was nice but it was really too far away for me. I didn't see anything wrong with it and I was actually leaning towards it for memory care for my mother but then I found autumn leaves which was much closer

Very nice but too costly for us

Emeritus is a very nice community but it just cost to much for our budget. If you can afford them then it seems like a very good community to put a loved one. When we toured the community it was just wonderful and very nice. The staff was friendly and it was a very clean community.

Nice, friendly, clean. Rate by base +...

Nice, friendly, clean. Rate by base + levels. Community fee and monthly supply fee.

I really felt comfortable with this p...

I really felt comfortable with this place.

Really liked this one. Their philosop...

Really liked this one. Their philosophy on working with memory care patients is the best so far. I think they only had semi-private rooms.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.