Silver Ridge Assisted Living - Colleyville, TX

Community Seemed Nice, but Not Able To Accommodate Us

I had a short call with this community, to see if they would be able to accommodate us in a short time period. The community seemed nice, but they were not as helpful as I would had liked. I did find another community that was able accommodate us in the short time period I had to make my decision.

Rooms very small for one person, two would not work.

The Care Exceeds My Expectations!

My aunt is doing so much better since she moved to the
Silver Ridge Assisted Living. The staff at this community is amazing. Just a few days ago one of the caregivers took my aunt to breakfast which I thought was very nice. The meals are nutritious and portioned correctly. This is a small community and the staff really does an outstanding job keeping my loved one safe, as well as keeping her motivated to get out of bed every day. Her room is small, has one bathroom and has more of a nursing home feel.

Bad Experience!!

I had an appointment set up to tour the community. When i arrived everything seemed very disorganized. A staff member was just laying down watching television in a common area. We walked into the memory care area and to our surprise it was unlocked no one was paying attention. The tour guide didn't seem very professional. The memory care area was really hot it was a bad experience.

The smell alone turned me away from Silver Ridge!

The community at Silver Ridge Assisted Living was like what you would imagine an old nursing home would look and smell like. The community had a strong urine odor throughout. The community looked clean but it did not smell clean. The community was very dark and depressing. It was not well lit and did not feel very welcoming. The upkeep of the community needs a lot of attention to maintenance issues throughout.

A Must visit community

Silver Ridge has been a fantastic community to our parents. With one in memory care and one in independent living we have the opportunity to come in contact with many of the employees and each have been very kind and respectful even with my incessant questions. The employees appear to be very attentive and management keeps the ratio of caregivers to patients manageable. The food is very good, however, I am not sure they adhere to the doctor's suggestion of a salt-free diet for either parent. It's an issue I've not had a chance to address with management yet but I have personally noticed my father retaining water and his CHF is aggravated which is a by-product of water retention. I cannot attest to the activities, as I typically have ability to visit later in the evening when most residents have retired. The atmosphere is light-hearted and decor is beautiful. The last facility they lived in was dirty and my parents were constantly ill and in/out of hospitals several times over a 6 month period. Now, living at Silver Ridge for 3 months, neither parent has been ill with even a cough or cold. The facility is very clean and well maintained. This has been a blessing to the family. I highly recommend Silver Ridge. While it is on the high end of our budget, it's truly been a blessing to get respectful care for my parents and has put my mind at ease.

Silver Ridge Assisted Living is a safe caring environment

My dad has just been there a short time, but I am happy with the care he is receiving. All of the staff is friendly and helpful. I feel that he is in a safe, caring environment. Every request I have made has been followed through on so they listen to family concerns. I like the fact that it is privately owned also, not a corporation with facilities nationwide. He is unable to participate in activities right now so I really can't evaluate that.

Segregated assisted living ...

Segregated assisted living and memory care. Best food offering of any reviewed. Very clean facility. Owner and staff seemed highly motivated to provide the best quality of life experience for each care level. Especially liked the commitment to family involvement with the residents. Competitively priced.

The management is hard to understand because their english is not great.

It's going ok so far. The language barrier has been a real problem for me. I have a real problem when I cannot speak to the RN to get information, because they don't speak english very well. Any person in customer service should be able to speak English. As far as the caregivers go, we don't have a problem with that, and they are awesome. The management are the ones I can't understand.

Impressive memory care

We toured this location when looking into options for our loved one. The memory care here looked very good, but it was out of the price range that we were looking in. We were less impressed by what we saw of their assisted living area. It just didn't have a good atmosphere and it did not appear that many of the residents would be as social as our loved one likes to be.

Best place in this area!

My mom has lived here for 1 1/2 yrs and we have never worried about her care, her medicine schedule, her well-being, etc. The staff at this facility is always attentive and busy, always helping the residents, either with meals, laundry, showers, meds, activities, conversation. I visited many other assisted living facilities and was appalled at no one actively on duty, residents going through the halls looking for an employee to help them, etc. This never happens at Silver Ridge - they are like family and look after everyone individually, by their name and their needs. I can't imagine my mom living anywhere else.

Like the seperate levels of care

We chose it because fo the unique living environment. he's in a place where he's with people of a similar ability so he's not in a facility where they're commingling people of different abilities. They're great, we really like them, their care is excellent. He's having a little difficulty adjusting but that has nothing to do with Silver Ridge or their efforts to help him adjust to it better. It's just something we're trying him to get over but they're helping us with it.

Homie feel

My mother did not particiapte in any activities, she wasn't well enough. The reason we chose it was because it was more of a home place, it was the big kind of fancy places it was like being at home more. The food was good, it was a smaller place and there was more personal care. It was accomodating and everything was what they said they would do. We had no problems and I believe we would chose them again.

Very nice facility and an extremely n...

Very nice facility and an extremely nice memory care section. We toured with Keith the owner. Keith probably has more compassion and knowledge of the Alzheimer disease than most people. His facility is designed around how he would have like to have seen his parents taken care of when they were ill so there is a lot of special attention on his part. 2 gourmet chefs and a patient nurse ratio of 4:1.He felt that he want to place our loved one in the memory care facility. After seeing the in-house residents I felt that she was nowhere near their disability and that it would have been a bad match. She really needs an available social [removed] Facility was quite with little going on other than staff. Keith has a very unique medicine management system. 2 doctors visit 3 times weekly and his goal is to monitor the medicine and if possible reduce prescription usage when determined not to be required. He has great insights about treating and caring for Dementia from the experience of his own parents. For example; Listening to music as well as preferring not to allow residence to watch TV in their rooms is an effort to force them out into a social environment. The memory care facility was a 10 room resident designed for private and semi-private rooming with a large community center in the middle of all the rooms. Keith prefers semi-private in an effort to help resident’s memory when they wake up and see something and especially someone in order to help keep them calm. Most rooms do not have showers as he believes that most accidents happen in the shower. He does have a few rooms with showers if desired. Rate were all inclusive and a little above our budget, but he offered a special discount for the first year that would be worth considering. Negatives – Seem to be a very disciplined and locked down facility(maybe that good – not sure yet) He would allow us 24/7 access. $4,200 per month with a $500 discount while he is trying to fill his new facility. (shared room) $5,200 for private. Our biggest concern was the lake of activity with the residents but he did day he had 2 activity coordinators.

new - only a few residents; only priv...

new - only a few residents; only private pay; 2 to room.

I'm hopefully going to take my aunt b...

I'm hopefully going to take my aunt by Silver Ridge tomorrow afternoon sometime. I like this place the best, but need to show her, of course.

Small Very neat and clean Rooms did...

Small Very neat and clean Rooms did not have kitchen facilities Staff appeared very attentive and caring No in room meals Some shared baths Reasonable price 4 star rating

like size of room and close location

like size of room and close location

Loved it! Just not sure about the bat...

Loved it! Just not sure about the bathroom/sharing situation and size of room

Silver Ridge Assisted Living and Alzheimer's Care is the newest care facility in the Colleyville area. We are proud to provide "continuous, compassionate, care" and our professional staff ensures that our residents are well cared for; lovingly and compassionately. We offer the most up to date services for our residents and their families and are always ready to hear about ways we can do more.

We are conveniently located in Colleyville, TX which is right in the middle of the heart between Dallas/Fort Worth. We are close in proximity to DFW airport, shopping, restaurants, and historic Grapevine. We are directly across from the City of Colleyville City Park and Ball Fields. The main highway 26 is only a few short blocks away, but you would never know due to the beautiful housing area with grass and trees around.

Silver Ridge has taken the approach that smaller facilities that look, feel, and smell like a home offer a much more personalized and better experience for our residents and families. We are home to 32 residents; 16 in each home with semi-private and private rooms available. We believe that creating a warm, well designed and decorated interior is key to truly give our residents the best experience possible.