StoneCreek Assisted Living and Memory Care of Edmond - Edmond, OK

StoneCreek Assisted Living and Memory Care of Edmond - Edmond, OK has yet not published prices.

Secret Shopper

I have been a "secret shopper" for a few years now and this was my third place visiting this past weekend. I visited on a Saturday afternoon. I did not call ahead or do a scheduled tour (even though I was asked several times). I must pass my experience on on how great this place looked and smelled without them even know I was coming. I was greeted by a gentleman immediately upon entering asking my name and if I needed help. While I declined an "official tour" I was allowed to view the main parts of the building. Here are some of my findings:
Pros:
1.Staff very friendly and all well dressed. No one was in jeans and Tshirts that I found in a few other buildings nearby since the bosses were away.
2. Those who lived there seemed genuinely happy and content. I had the pleasure of speaking to a few of them and they all were very pleased with their accommodations and loved living here.
3. I arrived just after lunch and the dining area smelled amazing!
4. I was greeted professionally and the gentlemen seemed very authoritative over security of his people living there. I really liked that!
5. Although I was asked for a tour and declined to give my contact information, I did not feel pressured to hear a sales speech and was allowed to interact with those who lived there to get feedback. Although the gentleman did watch where I was going, which again, was 5 stars in my opinion, showing me he takes security very seriously for those who live there.
Con:
And this is tedious, but it was raining pretty hard and there were no umbrellas available to use for me to get back out to my car. But other than that, the place was truly remarkable and the management should be commended for the job they have done here. 5 stars!!

Very Nice Place!

Pros:
3. I arrived just after lunch and the dining area smelled amazing!
Con:

Feels like Home

This has become such a wonderful place. The staff is very friendly and always willing to go that "extra mile". The food is excellent and much improved. The residents are always laughing and having a great time doing bingo or playing the grand piano in the front lobby. There is always something going on at Stone Creek.I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a beautiful home. Way to go to all the staff there, simply the best in the OKC area!

Ashley Alipoon

Thanks a million for being on this fun journey with us and thank you for the 5-star review! Hope you have a fantastic day!

This place is amazing now

I admitted my mother here a while back. Honestly they had a lot of issues when I got here. Staffing was terrible, the care was sub par. Nurse [name removed] has always done her absolute best and I greatly appreciate all she has done. Sometime in August or September they brought in a new Administrator and a new Director of nursing. I will tell you I have never been more please! This place is outstanding now. Mom gets the same staff daily, her care has been the best it has ever been. [name removed] seems very capable of doing her job and understanding of what families need, we have only spoken once but she seemed legitimately concerned and addressed my needs immediately. The Director [name removed] has been top notch, the staff is trained, and are happy at their jobs which, to me is the best thing that could have happened there. He is always checking in with the residents and families and with [name removed] have turned Stone Creek around, especially the memory care unit around. They are always doing activities, now they are baking cookies and having a great time!. We are all having a blast now! THANK YOU [name removed], [name removed], and [name removed]!! Mom has never been so involved and happy. You guys have rekindled her spirit and I am forever indebted.

Ashley Alipoon

WOW! Thank you so much for the phenomenal review! It is an honor to serve our residents and we're so glad that you have been able to experience the passionate care that we provide. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! You are a GEM!

AWESOME!

I have had my mother here for several months now and have to say this place has become the very best in the Edmond area. They have brought in new management to turn this place around. The director [name removed] is the in the business. She interacts with the residents like no other director I have ever seen. She has created an atmosphere both inviting and comforting. The nurse [name removed] there is just what this place needed. He has turned around the nursing department to be the very best. The staff is stable, caring, and most importantly want to be there to better the lives of the residents. He is great!. The food is superb and the activities keep everyone engaged. The resident are happy, socializing in the cafe and playing the piano when you walk in. This is truly the happiest I have seen everyone here. I HIGHLY recommend!

amazing place! NO DEFICIENCIES

This place is phenominal!. Notbsure what happened in the past, but they apparently fixed the issues. They have a new director and a new director of nursing who is outstanding! They people who live here are hapoy, someone always playing the piano, singing and dancing. They just had a state survey and got a perfect score! That's right NO DEFICIENCIES! The bad review I see on this place were people who were asked to leave. Come talk to the people who actually live here. This place is amazing. Recommend it to anyone looking fir a place to call home.

Ashley Alipoon

WOW! Frank, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. It is always great for other families to hear an insider's perspective when they are making the decision of where their loved one should move to. We want to thank you for from the bottom of our hearts for noticing the hard work our staff have put into our community. Thanks again for the great review. You are a GEM!

We toured and ate dinner. It's on our top 3 list. Touring again on [date removed].

Buyer Beware

Beautiful facility that doesn't live up to its promises. Continuous staff turnover has become the norm and not the exception. What you think you see is not an appropriate expectation of what you will receive. My suggestion is to talk to family members that are still there to get an accurate description of what you will actually experience especially on the weekends. Be prudent in your due diligence and check out their ratings with the agencies that send temporary employees here and with the state for their findings. This place has all the outer apperance potential but not the inner workings to make it work at this point.

Not as promised

Large staff turn over. Many agency aids assist day to day. Small staff for number of residents. Management company in Texas is out of touch. When they are in touch from time to time they over promise and do not deliver! The food is good, the facility is lovely, the care is far below promised.

The Staff has a lot of heart

I was given a list of names of locations to go tour while I was trying to find a place for my loved one. The reason why I felt more comfortable with this facility is because the staff here has a lot of heart. They really do care about the people that live here and are very accommodating with the relatives’ requests for their loved ones. The facility is very clean; housekeeping does the resident’s laundry I believe once a week and clean once a week as well. They offer many activities for residents and patients to do in their free time. They have a special area for the memory care patients, in the lounge I believe, where they feature videos to help stimulate the patients’ memories. They also have music, exercise classes, and stations that feature special activities. One of them is “The Fisherman” where they have tackle boxes, rods and reels, they have one for cooking, and for ladies there is a makeup table. They also have an in house salon with nail care, so people can get the toenails and fingernails cleaned, and an in house doctor. I know that they have a dentist that would come in and do regular checkups with the residents.

Chair Zumba

My loved one was there for a short amount of time, but during that time their staff team was able to keep her as comfortable as possible. They kept her room clean and always made her bed. While she was there, the housekeeping did her laundry once. They do the resident’s laundry once a week. I know that they also offer activities and events that the keep posted on a monthly calendar on a bulletin board. They have things like chair Zumba, bingo, and card games. The other resident’s there are very friendly and welcoming as well. They also fed her well. They had a menu that would change every day.