Suggested immediate improvements.

The apartment is very nice, however they are so understaffed in house cleaning that the house cleaning staff is barely able to keep up.
The food service is also in need of help. The food is not very good and your orders are rarely filled correctly or timely.
More flexible transportation for non driving residents would be very useful.
All in all improvements are needed in these areas to maintain the level of service as written in the contract

The grounds are quite spread out. They are going to tear down the Club House and redo the pool. I was not impressed with the rooms. They are very dark and the kitchen is right by the door with limited contact with the rest of appartment. They have a few cottages but crazy floor plans. Different! Not really my idea of a place to move.

We toured and liked the setting, however it does not have a Memory Care option and rooms are very small. Not in our top 3.

Took tour with [name removed]. She was friendly and answered all questions. Facility was clean and neat. Staff seemed friendly and helpful. Pool is being redone. Wish exercise room was separate from the activities/game room. 1 bedroom rooms seemed spacious, plenty of storage, and they have updated appliances being installed. Grounds are very nice, and seem to be well maintained. Laundry rooms on each floor look well maintained. Tornado shelters are in the stairwells. Spoke to a couple residents and they seemed to like it there.

Best of the Best!

I visited Lyndale, seeking something for my Dad. The grounds and lake are absolutely beautiful. I was met by a friendly and professional Marketing Director. Who really took the time to answer all my concerns, and find the right fit for my mother. As an added bonus, she even was able to direct me to resources and give me valuable information regarding my Mom's care. She made a point to let me meet each member of their management, and I was very impressed. While touring, random residents greeted us, they told us how happy they have been living at Lyndale, and that the food was very good. Their Assisted Living is in high demand, and I can see that the residents are very well cared for and the nurse took to the time to meet with us, and answer any questions, and go over options and care. This place truly is best of the best. Thank you, Senior Advisor!

A Hidden Treasure!

This was formerly Copper Lake Estate, it is under new ownership, and they know how to raise the bar on Senior Communities and living. The photos on this website are not current and don't reflect the renovations, with Interior Design Decor. Their management team is phenomenal. I was most impressed that the residents approached us, and casually told us that we should try to the food, that it was excellent. The Chef, met us and seemed to have a great deal of experience, and I believe had been a Chef at a nearby Country Club, and that is the best way to describe this Senior Community, Country Club Lifestyle. Their Marketing Director was new, but she was genuine and authentic and took the time to make sure we had a thorough tour of the entire community, as well as met each of the Management Team, she also took the time to make sure that we had the right fit in our apartment needs. Carefully explained paperwork, etc. Their renovations of their Assisted Living look like issues of Traditional Home, very pleasing and very tasteful. Yet, I was even more impressed with the Nurse. She took the time, to explain, their levels of care, assessment, and how we could utilize outside resources/help to stay as Independent as possible, and/or keep our points down for Assissted living needs. The Recreational Director, had all the residents engaged, and not wandering around aimlessly as I've seen in many other communities. Now is the time to make the move to this HIDDEN GEM, with scenic waterscapes, fountains, lake, nature, many will be fortunate to get on a waiting list. I'm glad we brought the checkbook to leave a deposit. I know Mom and Dad are in the best of hands. Oh, and I forgot to mention they have a 24/7 Concierge! No more worrying why they aren't answering the phone. Now we can call the Concierge. Resort like food, housing, community, they can build all the new buildings/ facilities they want, every building will age, but they aren't building property or people like Lyndale has. The renovation and staff are top notch, This hidden gem is Oklahoma's best kept secret for Seniors.

The Community For Mom

The community has been great for my mom. We like all of what the community has to offer.

Great Atmosphere!!

My dad has really been liking his stay so far at this community they have been wonderful to him at this community. He has been enjoying his meals and participating in a few of the activities that have offered to him throughout the week. Overall I am very pleased and would highly recommend this place to anyone.

A very nice place!

When I toured the Lundale Edmond was very nice. When I toured the place was clean and the staff was all very friendly. The main reason I chose another community was because it was an older place and it was in need of an update.

I like this community for the care of my father. The staff is always nice and very caring to his needs. The menu is very appealing to him. We are happy that he is participating in the activities that he is able to do at this time. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

Worth taking a look at.

The staff at this community were nice and attentive. The food was good and they offered a variety of choices. The community was clean. They offer more activities than the community she is currently living in.

Fishing pond in backyard!!

My dads favorite thing in this community is the beautiful pond they have in the back that the residents are allowed to go fishing in. The housekeeping does cleaning twice a week in the bedrooms and often helps with laundry throughout the week. I am very pleased with this facility and would recommend it.

Copper Lake Estates was second on my list!

The community at Copper Lake Estates was wonderful! The community was very nicely kept and welcoming. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. They addressed all of my concerns and questions. The community was well maintained and clean throughout.

A Wonderful Community They Are Taking Good Care Of My Friend

We are very satisfied with the community and everything they have done for my friend. She is still adjusting to the community, but they are taking good care of her and her needs. The community looks great, they do a very good job with the cleaning. The staff is wonderful, they are very patient with her. There are many activities offered for her when she is ready to participate. Their rates fit our budget, and everything is working out well. I would recommend this community to anyone.

Mom seems to like it at Copper Lake Estates!!!

Since mom moved into this community it has taken some of the stress out of my life. I know that she is taken care of as the staff pay attention to her and they are exceptionally kind. The food is ok and they keep the community clean. They worked with her to get her into the community.

All Went Well

This community looks nice and looks clean, nothing seem out of the ordinary. I did like this community but the layout was more open than what I need for my dad. I feel that my dad would have to work hard to get around this place. The staff were all nice and the residents also seemed to be more mobile than my dad. It just didn't seem suitable for my dad's needs. Overall I enjoyed my tour and all went well.

It Has Been A Good Experience

My mother is doing well at this community. The community is very well-kept, the facility is nice and clean. The staff is great, they are helpful and kind. It has really been a great experience. They have many good activities for her too choose from. The food looks good. They have been great to work with. This would be a community I would recommend.

Love this place

I had to find a place for my mom from another state which is a daunting task. The staff have been very helpful in getting her there and all set up. They had another resident take her around to get familiarized. She loves the place! She says good food and lovely surroundings. The dining room overlooks the lake.
We are very happy!

She likes it a lot.

She likes it a lot. No complaints at this point. They were one of the more reasonable places and they offered three meals a day.

response time could use improving

I have good interaction with the staff at Copper Lake Estates. According to my mother they are only on good behavior when I am around. I like the set up of the facility. I always thought it was clean. The food is decent. Their response time could use improving. If mom wants a pain killer she has to click on her necklace call button and it takes 45 minutes to an hour for someone to get to her. Sometimes mom falls and has to wait there an hour. I would like to see them have a call button for an emergency and a non emergency. That's my main complaint. She has a beautiful view lake view. She loves to look out her window.

Great Edmond location for Seniors.

Very nice place. Quiet with very friendly residents and staff. I personally like the food very much.

really pleased

I am really pleased with Copper Lake Estates. They have plenty of activities here although my mom does not participate in them at this point. Everything has gone really smooth and easy at this facility. I am really happy with our experience.

Mom lived here 15 years ago and felt it was too large a facility for her needs.

Beautiful setting! Nice staff. Clean rooms with lots of storage.

I think it's going well. My parents aren't real happy with the food. There are a few concerns on some maintenance, and cleanliness issues in the room. My loved one chose them because they were pretty reasonable in price, it's pretty clean, and really friendly.

The staff is nice and helpful

My mother hasn't stayed been admitted to the facility yet, as she is having some health issues, but from viewing the facility, it was very clean and the staff was very nice and helpful. She has some health issues going on right now and they have been in touch with her doctor to see if they can adequately care for her.

Good outweighs the bad

The executive Manager and Marketing Lady were very helpful in making the changes we requested to make living here more comfortable. The Executive Manager is a Hands on Manager. Not only is his office door open, but he circulates among the residents and solicits opinions. And calls the residents by their names.

The food is well prepared and seasoned. The wait staff is friendly and efficient. They knew our names after the first day. The chef is willing to answer questions or listen to suggestions.

A map in each room shows the closest place to go in case of fire or Tornado. Each room door has to be locked by the residents key. No one can be accidently locked out of their room.

A well rounded schedule of activities, including on weekends. I am still unpacking and have not had time to participate in any of the activities.

The other residents are a mixed group. Some friendly and some not so friendly. One good aspect is the Assisted Living Unit is in a separate building and does not share any of our Community space, as they did where I lived previously. A few of the residents do need to be over in Assisted Living.

The Lobby needs sofas that are easier to get off of.

It had a dark and gloomy atmosphere.

It had a dark and gloomy atmosphere, and I got a bad feeling. The residents didn't look happy at all. On the surface it looked clean, we only went to the office for a little bit, we didn't stay for the whole thing. We knew it wasn't right for us.

SLC Texas

My name is Scott Smith and I am the new Executive Director at Copper Lake Estates. After reading this review, I was disappointed that you had a negative perception of our community. While the residents, families and staff enjoy a wonderful lifestyle here at Copper Lake Estates we are always striving to do better. I hope in the near future you would be so kind as to reach out to me personally. It would be great to have the opportunity to show you what makes the community special and to better understand from your perspective what we could do differently to make it a fit for you personally. I can be reached at [removed] or [removed]

Too Huge

It was OK, passed the smell test when you went in and for the most part the people did him OK. There's not a whole lot they had to do, but some of the staff was iffy. My dad walked out of the place twice and the called me to tell me that he couldn't stay - I didn't think that was a good way to do that. The place was too huge and I didn't feel like he got the care that he needed. It was literally right on my way home from work and they were very prompt with paperwork so I was a little disappointed that they said he had to leave.

Seemed they were able to offer more

My brother and sister took my parents here and for whatever reason they didn't like it but we loved it. They would allow mother to smoke but it was one of those palces where it wasn't allowed after 8 becuase the courtyard was locked and she couldn't go outside. I also didn't like the apartment very much, the one they said was available-and they probably have others that are different- was a 2 bedroom which would have been nice except the living area was smaller, I think it was made for 2 residents that weren't married. They had a lot more to offer as far as physical therapy and having someone come in to do it, it was bigger and seemed better run. The dining room looked nicer, they had more residents so there was probably more going on, more entertainment in the evenings.

Not great for people who need more assistance/memory care

I ended up moving my dad out, I didn't really feel like they were able to meet his needs. He was beginning to decline with his memory and he needed more assistance and I expressed my concerns about them needing to prompt him more but he wouldn't rememebr to bathe or take out his dentures. I wasn't comfortable that he wasn't going to bolt out of there; I would even come in the side door and the alarm went off but it was just a ding and I didn't feel like it was secure enough. They hjad too many patients to deal with and they just couldn't give him the care he needed. When we were signing up we were talking about decline and they said they would be able to assist him more and retest and evaluate him, and they did that once but he was changing so rapidly; they had less staffing than what a memory care unit would have so it wasn't a good fit for him anymore.

SLC Texas

My name is Scott Smith and I am the Executive Director at Copper Lake Estates. We are very sorry to hear that you did not have a better experience while living at Copper Lake Estates. It sounds as if you have moved your father from our assisted living to a community that specializes in caring for residents with memory loss. Most importantly I hope that he is doing well in his new home. Specific to Copper Lake Estates, you are probably not aware, but we have had a change in leadership in the past month. My top priority is the satisfaction and well-being of the residents and their families. I would be very interested in talking to you further about these very serious concerns. Any feedback would be helpful to ensure that these types of issues are prevented in the future. I can be reached anytime at [removed] or via e-mail at [removed]

Good pluses

i had looked at another place which was way too expensive and she couldn't afford it, so I made an appointment at copper lake and she wanted to go this time. she fell in love with it, she had cousins who she would go and visit who lived there and friends who live there now and she loved it. When i tell people my mom lives at copper lake everyone goes "oh so and so lives there and they just love it". Theres so many things that are included at copper lake that are included in the price of the rent that werent at the other place. i mena, she has to pay for her own phone by everything else here was pretty much included (the other palce charged her extra if she wanted to take her food to go) and when we go and have dinner with her its only like 7 dollars.

Phenomenal Community

Copper Lake is really a phenomenal community. They are really great. It is an older community but it is very well maintained. The staff is really friendly and helpful. The do have an out door pool as well. They really are great and I would have had no doubts about putting my loved one here. The only reason we ended up choosing a different community was strictly based on location. The other community was just a better location for our family.

Copper Lake Estates is a community of Senior Lifestyle Corporation, the financial backbone that also lends stability and ensures that consistently higher levels of retirement living standards are met. Senior Lifestyle communities are unmatched in hospitality, and offer a dining experience usually found only in fine restaurants.

Copper Lake Estates, nestled in the heart of Edmond on 34 acres of land, presents discerning seniors with delightful amenities, and features the latest wellness programs developed by Senior Lifestyle, all set in a convenient location with caring staff.

Copper Lake Estates may be the best place for you to discover your own retirement bliss. The retirement flagship for the greater Oklahoma City area, Copper Lake Estates features lakeview and non-lakeview apartment homes, outstanding services, exciting programs and fresh seasonal cuisine. What really sets us apart though is the personal touch, friendly neighbors and a staff that is always there for you, to make each day special!