Quail Creek - Oklahoma City, OK

Not a bad place to live

When I first started my search for a place to live, I really didn’t know where to go. I was recommended to look into Quail Creek because of A Place for Mom and overall it gave me a good impression just from the tour. Everyone seemed friendly and the residents are really great to talk to. They’re personable and cheerful and I’ve already made a lot of friends. The staff answers all of my questions that I have and they are helpful when I need them to be. The food is good, there’s plenty of it, and it’s pretty nutritious – it’s even helped lower my blood sugar. Everything stays clean, they help me when I need to bathe, and they take all the trash out regularly. They do offer laundry as well, that’s just not something that I take advantage of. We have outings once a week to Walmart, sometimes other places like ice cream shops, and there are dominoes, bingo, and board games. Quail Creek has a great price and what you pay for is what you get. It’s a really good deal. There’s plenty of help and overall I’m pretty happy here. I would definitely recommend this community to others.

Independent Living

I had wanted to tour this community because I had heard good things about it. But after doing my research about the community it was geared for more independent living people and I just didn't feel that they would have been able to handle my mothers care level needs so I didn't even bother to go in. However, from outside of the building, it looked very nice and well maintained.

Good Location

This community is in a good location not far from the hositpal. My mom is doing well here she settled in and is socialzing with the other residents. The community appears clean and well maintained. There is a nice courtyard with sitting areas and a walking path. The staff is friendly and kind however I wish there would be a little more open communication with them and families.

Care and comfort

We were happy with this community. We were wanting something more than what they could offer. We needed a community that was more secure at this time. The caretakers were very helpful. We were happy with the meals. They offered activities for her to try and participate. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one for the needs that they offer.

A very good experience!

My mother is doing very well at the Brookdale Quail Creek. The overall care I think is very good. I would recommend them to anyone looking because they are friendly and the place is always kept very clean.

$5700-$6200. Unfurnished. $2000 Community fee.Free meals for 1 guest. Falls okay. 22 apts, 12 occupied. 1/4 ratio. 24 hr toileting. Unfurnished. 2 houses. Laundry 1x per week. Live entertainment 3x per month. Podiatrist 1x per month. Lots of music. Beautician and nails available. Older building. Converted from hotel, so feels hotel like and pleasant.

Brookdale Quail Creek is a nice and seemingly comfortable setting for seniors/others needing residential care options. [Removed] is a friendly and knowledgeable tour guide. I am concerned about the multiple levels and my family member being able to navigate the facility due to dementia and the progression of same.

He is happy!!

My brother in law seems to be really enjoying everything about the Brookdale. He has made friends and is going on outings. He goes to activities and plays bingo. The place is maintained very well and the meals he has said are good.

Kind Community

My mother is now in rehab, she gonna need more care than they care offer. It is a nice community, and everybody did try their best to care for her and her needs. The staff was very kind and helpful. She had a bad fall, but I do not blame them. This is a nice community for the right person.

Great Communication!!

At the moment my mother is not at the community but was there for a few days. The community was always clean and up-kept. I feel like this is a safe place for her and i'm hoping for her to return soon. The staff communication has been great they are also updating a lot with the family to make sure everything is working out.

My parents liked living at Brookdale Quail Creek!!

The staff at this community were nice and helpful. My parents were only there for a short time before they moved to a larger apartment in another community. They liked the food and the community was clean they just needed more room.

Helpful and Friendly Staff

My tour of this facility went well. It is a good community with very kind people. The community looked well maintained, from what I saw everything is nice and clean. The staff was kind and informative. It just wasn't the community for my parents, but it is a pleasant community.

This community gets my recommendation!!

Mom is moving into the memory care unit at Brookdale Quail Creek. The staff have been very understanding and good with her. The community is kept very clean and the food is fine.

The staff were good about helping to get my parents comfortable in their new community!

The first few weeks my parents were at Brookdale Quail Creek were rough but now they are getting used to the surroundings. Dad is in the memory care unit and mom is in independent living. She is able to see him daily. Mom enjoys going on some outings and participating in some activities. I would recommend this community.

I Really Liked It Here

This community is a great place to see and I did like this place the most! The staff were more involved with the residents like having activities available. Emily was my tour guide and she was very informative. I did not choose this community due to the fact my dad cant move around well. The community had an available room for him on the second floor but that is not convenient for Dad.

Compassion!

So far, I'm very pleased with the professionalism and honest concern for the residents! Really seem to consider the needs of residents and families, as this is a time of great transition for all involved. Ms. Emily is the best!!

Great facility, great staff and the location is just what I was looking for.

It's kind of a mixed bag.

It's kind of a mixed bag. We have had lots of issues we have had to bring up to them. They have been good to respond to me, in general. The staff is shorthanded. The food isn't consistent. It's a nice place, but the atmosphere isn't as homey as the last place she was.

they seem to be more reactive, than proactive, and that is frustrating.

It's okay. My dad complains about the food a little bit, but I think that is just the general case everywhere. I've noticed the air filter is a little dirty. When we first moved the room was dirty and we had to clean it. We did have an issue with billing. In the beginning they were very persistent and accommodating with the price, I liked the way they kept up with us. Since we have moved in though they seem to be more reactive, than proactive, and that is frustrating.

Nice place

Overall we're very pleased with our experience with Brookdale Quail Creek. It's a clean, well kept, nice looking facility, and it just has a comfortable atmosphere.

We are mostly happy with them.

We are mostly happy with them. They are pretty responsive when we bring something to their attention. They are very nice people. We liked that they seemed to be active and doing a lot of things with the residents.

room needed repair

We viewed the facility and the dining area was good. We seen the room my mom would be in it was needing repair. They said they would fix it. Some of the ceiling tiles were dirty.

Since moving to Emeritus I have found a huge change in my mothers overall attitude. She has made great progress with her therapy, and has made many friends. I am so thankful for everything the staff has done to make her feel like part of a family.

Sincerely,
Tammy Painton

Our 2 week experience

We have only been here at the Quail Creek Emeritus just over 2 weeks and are getting acquainted with both the staff and the residents. Everyone one is friendly and eager to make us feel at home. The food leaves a little to be desired, but it fills the space. It seems as tho the orders are taken, but the cook doesn't speak enough English to fill the orders as given, The activities director is Super and cares deeply for the patients! She keeps us busy doing arts and traveling to the stores, doctor's appointments and fun excursions.

New Home

Thanks to Denise,for helping us find a beautiful new home. The first three months, we received several incentives and we certainly appreciated that help! Full price will start Jan 1st Wendi O'Donnell, Marketing Mgr. was informative and pleasant to work with, finding the right apartment, sharing the contract with us and answered our questions.

Overall The Emeritus at Quail Creek w...

Overall The Emeritus at Quail Creek was good. The help is nice, and the facility is fairly clean. The temperature of the food was always the opposite of what it should be. Hot foods were cold, and cold foods were warm.

Poor Customer Service

The facility is nice and clean. The food was good. However, when we moved her to another location that had Medicaire Advantage, they did not send all of her medicines with her. 1 medicine had a co-pay of $250. It had to fight with her pharmacy and insurance company for over 6 months after she passed. Emeritus was NO HELP. Did not return calls or emails. The bottom line is. they treat you ok while you are there, but once the money stops coming in they could care less. VERY Dissapointed.

Sam Pollock

We are troubled by your comments as we have no record of any complaints filed regarding these issues. We have welcomed a new management team, including a new Executive Director, Community Relations Director, and Business Office Director. We invite you to reach out to one of our new community management team members to address your concerns.

The community is very clean.

The community is very clean. I thought the staff was friendly. There have been some concerns. One of the biggest concern is that food was served that wasn’t completely cooked, which is a huge hazard for people with compromised immune systems.

Angela Magness was amazing! She was ...

Angela Magness was amazing! She was so helpful and kind. She helped us find an assisted living home for my in-laws (Emeritus at Quail Creek) and followed up to see how we were doing. She is GREAT! Thank you so much for all of your help. We will highly recommend you to others going through this!

Beautiful facilities, food ...

Beautiful facilities, food was fantastic,! Rooms were on the smaller side.

Good Experience

It looks very nice. He is very pleased. Myt father is 97 so he hasn't been doing much but he has enjoyed the food. In Oklahoma, he has to have assistance with his meds and that's the only thing that they've been helping with recently. When he first started they had to help him get down to the dining room but now he is stronger and he's able to do that on his own. Overall we are happy with the community.

We've Had Some Issues With The Care

Based on what we've experienced so far, I'll be nice and give them 3. The cost is great and they seem to have a lot of activities but we've been having some issues with the care. Number one, the medication. They stated that they were giving my father-in-law his medication and he said he wasn't. My brother-in-law went in there and found that his presciptions has not been filled by Emeritus. When we asked them about it, no one could give us an answer. Also my father-in-law takes ensure and he's supposed to take it 3 times a day and he said he was only getting one. I'm not pleased with them on that. I have to take a trip from Texas to find out what's going on.

We've stopped doing the ensure through them and we're tying to make unannounced visits. We're not ready to move him but the radar is up.

The food is great. My in-laws have actually gained weight which is great. I'm really pleased with that.

Brighton Gardens provides assisted living in an apartment-style setting that offers the simple pleasures - nutritious food, comfortable surroundings, and the support of a warm, caring and competent staff. A separate Special Care Center for residents with Alzheimer's or other memory related disorders is also on-site. The key to our success in the Special Care Center is our dedicated and compassionate staff, which receives special training and supervision. Our Special Care programming offers a variety of activities designed to achieve memory enrichment and positive social interactions. Caring for residents with dementia is a partnership between the community and the family, frequent family visits are encouraged and support groups and advisory councils are arranged. A Short Stay Program for seniors who need short-term care may also be available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out assisted living. Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Brighton Gardens can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.