Brookdale Michigan City - Michigan City, IN

My experience with a place for mom

You are so right about the experience helping others. Thank you Penny [removed] for all of the information that was incredibly valuable. A place for mom made the assisted living experience for my dad and myself as his daughter a lot easier. The support that I received helped my dads transition to be more of an adventure and a new beginning. As children of an aging parent, patience is definitely a virtue. Listening is too. Those are the most important things one can do when life changes for the elderly. Thank you all, it's been a great experience.

they were fabulous

Things were not easy the day we moved in as my mother was not cooperating, but they were fabulous in how well they helped us. She did not go gently. She fought, tried to run away, and more. It was not pretty, and they really helped us get through it. They are wonderful and I very highly recommend them.

A Retirement Community with the benefits of an Assisted LIving Facility

We have placed Dad in Sterling House about a week ago and so far we are very pleased. His room is clean and comfortable. The staff is pleasant and helpful. In just one short week I have noticed an improvement in Dads eating and mobility. I would recommend Sterling House to anyone who has a loved one that is in need of assistance or to anyone that wants their loved one to have a better quality of life with regular meals, activities and social interaction in general. Stop in and see for yourself - not at all like a hotel, more like a home, very comfortable and homey.

A good community

It’s a friendly community in a small intimate setting with real friendly and knowledgeable staff. They have a real nice little garden area. There is plenty of parking. They are a clean community. It’s all like in the ratings, just a nice place.

Everything is going well!

Everything is going well! My loved one seems to be settling in and has made a few friends already. The staff are all very friendly, and they've done a great job of helping her adjust to this new living situation. They've also been good about staying in contact with me to let me know how things are going.
The facility itself is lovely, and I like that it is a smaller community.

Sterling House is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected