Brentwood at Hobart - Hobart, IN

Not Happy yet

My parents have been there for a month and have not been happy with the place yet. The apartment was not ready when it was supposed to be and they had an extra few weeks. They had no hot water. It was just almost warm, They get their breakfast late and my mom is diabetic. They have mentioned this a few times. Brentwood new about her diabetes before they even got there. The air conditioner does not work in the living room and if they use the ones in the bedrooms to cool off the living room than the bedrooms get way to cold. The maintenance guy knows about it. He told them it probably needed Freon and he would have someone in Monday to take care of it. That was 2 weeks ago and they are still waiting. They limit the amount the windows can be opened so that does not help. Communication amongst the staff is awful. My parents will tell them they will not be down for a meal the day before and instead of checking that it was written on the menu paper they come up and knock on the door to see if they are coming down for the meal. They had no cable when they moved in. It was not set up for them, They went the whole weekend without TV, so they were bored. Luckily I had some movies they would like and brought them over. They really have not had a good experience here.

Good Experience, Tour Was Fine

I had a fine tour of this community. I toured it for my father, and his needs. The staff was nice, and informative. The community looked good. The experience went well, and everyone was very kind. It was a good experience.

Constance Barr

Thank you for sharing your family's positive impressions during your recent tour of Brentwood of Hobart. We are pleased that the tour went well and that your questions were addressed. We hope you will consider Hobart as a new home for your father, where he can be well cared for and make new friends.

Care

My sister in law and brother in law are in this facility. The food needs an up grade and also my sister in law was promised certain services and is not getting them.

Dear Diane,
We are so sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with Brentwood At Hobart. This is truly not our intention. We do appreciate your feedback and hope you allow us the opportunity to correct these areas of concern. We are working to ensure our services meet all levels of quality.

We strive everyday to live our mission moment of providing Joy, Independence, and Wellness to our residents. Please feel free to reach out to our offices directly at [removed] and speak with our Community Relations Director any time with concerns.

Thanks so much and we look forward to working with you!

Outstanding Care

I am moving my father into this community. The community is bright and happy and cheerful. They staff are very upbeat and always try and make you feel at home. My father is liking the activities that will benefit him. I am sure that he will be happy here. I liked that the other residents look so very happy and that makes me feel safe to know that he will have excellent care.

Constance Barr

Thank you for the accolades. We are delighted that you and your father found the happy, upbeat community that is Brentwood at Hobart. We appreciate your trust and hope your dad's transition to his new home will continue to be a smooth one. Hobart is a place where he will have the opportunity to form many new friendships.

It couldn't be a place!!!

I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to put their loved one in good hands. The staff is so kind and professional, I can't say enough good things bout them. My father is doing well there, he recently moved from the assisted living to the Memory care and it was a smooth transition. My father is joining activities and is very happy. It has been a pleasure to have him here and know he is safe.

Constance Barr

Thank you so much for the rave review. We are delighted that your dad is doing so well at Brentwood at Hobart. Our mission statement: "Creating environments where moments of joy, independence, and wellness are the focus each and every day" is manifested by the caring team at Hobart for our cherished residents.

Still a Work in Progress

My mother is doing as well as can be expected here at this community. They are providing her with good care overall. It is still a work in progress for us here at this community. She is taking some to adjust to the community.

Constance Barr

We appreciate you taking time to share your family's experience with Brentwood at Hobart and value your feedback. We understand how challenging it can be for both the new resident and their loved ones to make the adjustment to community living. Hopefully your mother will continue to feel more and more at home, making new friends and participating in the activities, parties and outings.

Needs some improvement!!

My loved one seems to be gaining weight with the food they are providing her so they defiantly have some nutritious meals at this community. As far as the staff goes I am very pleased with the marketing director and a lady named [Removed], however I am very disappointing with the overall care my loved one has been receiving. They have been providing her basic needs but other than that they do not do much. I have found my aunt in bed before seven which is way to early for her and have many times caught the aids just lounging around on there phones. I hope some improvements will be made in the future as I am very concerned with this facility.

They Are Very Accommodating

I really like this community. The staff are very good and nice. In the beginning my husband was unable to eat solid meals. The staff accommodated his meals with soft food he liked. Now he eats all the meals served, he seems pretty satisfied. They are very good and I am really happy that I placed him here. I have already recommend this community to others and I would use them again.

Constance Barr

Thank you for sharing your family's experience with Brentwood at Hobart. We are pleased that your husband is thriving with the compassionate team at Hobart. Nutrition is a vital aspect of our well-being and it is gratifying to hear the dining services folks were able to accommodate his needs so successfully.

My Thoughts

As I viewed the community on my tour it appeared to be in need of remodeling. Otherwise, the tour went good. I have an understanding of what is provided here. From what I saw it looked like good interaction between the residents and staff.

Constance Barr

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are always striving to improve our communities to serve our residents' needs and exceed expectations. We are proud of the dedicated Brentwood at Hobart team and the compassionate care they provide. It is gratifying that you got a sense of this during your brief visit.

Fantastic Community!!

My mother had great services from the staff and the caregivers. I would highly recommend Brentwood at Hobart. They would always give me updates about my mother the communication was terrific. The community had activities and meal plans available for residents. I thought this was a great place for my mother the care was above and beyond.

Constance Barr

We are delighted that your mother is enjoying life at Brentwood of Hobart. This is an exemplary community in many ways, but primarily because of the caring and dedicated staff. Thank you so much for taking time to share your family's experience and provide an enthusiastic endorsement.

A valued community.

We were very happy for the care that my mother in law received at this community. The value was good for the care she was given. She was happy with the staff that took good care of her. Activities were offered to her that really kept her active that she enjoyed. the food was good and she was happy with the variety. I would recommend this for others who need care for a loved one or family member.

Constance Barr

We really appreciate your review of Brentwood at Hobart. High quality care is essential us and the dedicated folks at Hobart make it happen every day. It is gratifying that your mother-in-law is enjoying life at Hobart and thriving there. Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts.

Decent- but make sure you ask the important questions...

This is a pretty nicely maintained facility. Rooms are very nice. My mom is in a friendship suite (2 beds in the room) and it is similar to a large studio apartment. Carpet was new and paint was fresh when mom moved in. My mom is in the memory care unit, so here's some things I wish I would have asked up front:

How often does mom get a bath? A little disappointed when I learned it is only 2x per week.

What about help using bathroom? We visited a few days after mom moved in only to find she was walking around in soiled underwear. She now wears Depends but we have had to remind the staff several times that she needs help cleaning herself after using the restroom. Every time we go, her diaper is dirty.

Activities? I'm sure there are activities but anytime I go, all I see are a bunch of people walking around the halls aimlessly.

That said, mom loves it because there are people to talk to and more activity than when she was locked in her house all by herself.

Overall, decent facility but I think they are missing on a couple important details of senior care.

some things that need working on

At Brentwood at Hobart the friendliness of the staff depends on what shift is there. The nursing staff are quite good. Some of the breakfasts are just great and some are not. It just depends on who is doing the serving and who is doing the cooking. They need to be more consistent in several areas. I am still getting adjusted at this point. On the whole it's good, there are just some things that need working on here.

Constance Barr

Thank you for the accolades and for your candid comments about concerns about our managed property, Brentwood at Hobart. Ridgeline Management is always striving to improve all aspects of services offered at our communities and live by our mission statement: Creating environments where moments of joy, independence, and wellness are the focus each and every day. Your feedback helps us to address concerns and areas in need of improvement.

Good as possible

My dad was only there for 17 days before he passed away. The staff at Brentwood were very friendly and took care of dad and made him as comfortable as possible during his stay. The security on the memory care floor was awesome and safety wasn't an issue. The staff looked in on dad very often dad really liked the food.

This senior community is wonderful. My mom has been on the memory Ward as well as the regular assisted living and both departments treated my mother so well. The food could be better but they are given quite a variety in the Assisted Living section. The staff is very loving and caring. there are constant activities and outings and they treat her as family. We couldn't be happier with this facility.

Doing very well so far!

Overall I think they do a good job at Brentwood at Hobart! My loved one really seems to be enjoying himself here. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and all of the people seem very friendly. It is a nice place overall, and definitely worth a look!

Very well kept.

I think it's a nice assisted living facility for someone a little younger. Offers a lot of privacy. They have a lot of activities and the privacy.

Nice place, overall

Things have gone well with Brentwood at Hobart so far! They did a great job transitioning her to the community, they were very welcoming and everything went very smoothly. The facility itself is nice looking and clean, and they seem to have a lot to provide their residents. From what I have heard the food can be a bit hit or miss.

Food lacking at Brentwood

At this age, the food is really important and this is where Brentwood falls short. My mother in law is constantly complaining on how bad the food is. My complaints are that it takes 45 minutes to an hour for everyone in the dining hall to be served at a meal. This is unnecessary since the dining hall is not that big. The serving is not well organized and a restaurant could serve this many people in 20 minutes.

The food sometimes does not sound good and the weekend menus seem worse than the weekday menus. I am surprised that the residents have to supply their own condiments such as ketchup and mustard.

Overall we are pretty happy with it.

Overall we are pretty happy with it. It's beautiful. The general areas are quite clean, but the private areas could use some work, especially the bathroom. Mostly the staff is friendly, there is one person that my loved one clashes with a little. They have one bus with the wheelchair capacity, and they are having a lot of trouble with the bus and getting it fixed. They have six levels of care so they are able to accommodate quite a bit. She likes the food, she thinks it's superb. They have lots of activities, but since the van isn't working, they have been canceling the activities lately.

Good Food, Great Staff!

I have nothing but good things to say about Brentwood! They are fabulous! The staff are just wonderful, and were a huge factor in our decision! I would give them a 6! They have lots of activities. The food is good. In fact, my loved one says it tastes "too good", because she wants to eat everything! The price was right, and everything was excellent! The coordinator was very personable and knowledgeable. So far, we are very pleased!

Excellent facility. Howeve...

Excellent facility. However, they provide 3 meals each day. At the present time, we were considering only those that provided one meal.

Very nice looking community

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for my loved one. The staff were all very friendly and caring, and the facility itself was clean and well kept. Due to our loved one's specific situation one of our main concerns was making sure she was in a very secure environment, and while that was something it looked like they could provide here we found another option that we thought might suit her slightly better.

Impressions at Hobart after 5 months

This is an up-scale feeling facility. The community areas are well kept and gracious in atmosphere. The apartments are just large enough, and take safety into account. The showers are walk-in, with plenty of handrails. Signaling devices are in the bath and bedroom, and tenants wear one around their neck. Residents use their own furniture; pets are allowed. Meals are tasty; alternative meals are offered. If a resident doesn't carefor the choice they've made, they are given other options. All meals are taken in the dining room, with aides accompanying those residents who need ambulatory help. Laundry is done one person at a time. There is a safe and a locked drawer in each room for personal treasures.
Hair cuts can be purchased, as well as TP, candy, stationery. There is an exercise room, games and religious services scheduled, outings to malls and restaurants and bus service to medical appointments.
I've never met a friendlier staff; they are always polite, caring and concerned. Call buttons are answered promptly, and personal modifications in schedules are cheerfully made, such as changing a bed time or shower time.
We have only had glitches when it comes to the medical care that Home Health and the staff nurses provide. Sometimes messages aren't passed on to other staff members, or conflicting care is given. Buses to appointments are dependent on the number of people on the bus and where they have to go. There is no guarantee that the resident will get to the appointment on time, or that the bus will be available to pick them up immediately when the visit is over.
But the staff is vigilant about looking for indications of sores, rashes, loss of appetite, or any sympton out of the ordinary. They have voluntarily done personal errands, and helped with cell phones, mail and treats.
Seats are assigned for meals, but observation of the interaction between residents may result in a new seat being offered. The residents do seem to take care of each other at meals and games; I don't see much visiting between rooms.

Very nice place

We're very happy with this community so far! It's a nice looking, clean place, great neighborhood, and the staff are very friendly. We were interested in somewhere with a good population of men so Dad would have someone to socialize with, and the ratio of men to women here is pretty balanced. Dad really likes the food, and it's nice that they let visitors eat in the dining room, at no cost and no need to call ahead.

WONDERFUL PLACE

MY WIFE AND I CARE FOR MY 88 YEAR OLD MOTHER AT OUR HOME.
SHE CAN GET AROUND WITH A WALKER AND MOSTLY CARES FOR HERSELF,
BUT WE DO NOT LEAVE HER ALONE.
WE FOUND IT DIFFICULT TO FIND SOME ONE WHO COULD CARE FOR HER IF WE WANTED A VACATION.
WE HEARD ABOUT "A PLACE FOR MOM", CONTACTED THEM AND WERE REFERED TO BRENTWOOD AT HOBART.
WHAT A WONDERFUL PLACE.
WE TOURED AND WERE ABLE TO PLACE MY MOTHER FOR A TWO WEEK STAY.
WE AND MY MOTHER ARE VERY HAPPY WITH THE CARING AND HELPFUL STAFF.
THE ACCOMODATIONS ARE LIKE A RESORT.
MOTHER IS LOOKING FORWARD TO OUR NEXT VACATION.

Very Nice Place

We had the room all set up, and the people and the facility were excellent. Everything looked very nice.

Would Recommend

It was a very nice place, very friendly and open. My dad actually passed before he made it there, but I would recommend it to someone else though, definitely.

WE WERE IMPRESSED WITH THE ...

WE WERE IMPRESSED WITH THE FACILITIES. BRENDA?, OUR TOUR GUIDE WAS VERY FREINDLY AND KNOWLEDGEABLE. SHE IS A VERY GOOD REPRESENTATIVE OF BRENTWOOD. WE WOULD RATE THIS FACILITY VERY HIGHLY.

This is the place to be

We chose Brentwood because of the cleanliness of the community; the staff is just wonderful and engaging with the residents and visitors. The treat the residents with respect and the residents are not just sitting around. The food is delicious and we absolutely love it. If you have any issues you just bring them up and they are very accommodating and will be helpful in fixing the situation. It seems like the staff really have a passion for their job and what they do. The entire staff is approachable and they keep an open line of communication. If you need to place your loved one in a community, this is place to do it. If we could rate them a 10 we would. It has the feel of a 4 star hotel and feels nothing like an institution. The apartment is really nice and has brand new carpet. The dining is set up like a restaurant rather then a cafeteria. There is a hospital located right across the street and they have RNs working 24/7. We are very please with Brentwood and would absolutely recommend it to anyone in search of a community for their loved one. We just can’t say enough good things about them.

Great facilty

Great facilty

Absolutely beautiful, however we feel...

Absolutely beautiful, however we feel like our Mom wouldn't be completely comfortable here.

Toured twice. Very Nice facility. Wo...

Toured twice. Very Nice facility. Would definitely be on list to choose from.

Making the decision to move from one’s home and choosing a senior living community can feel daunting. That is, until you find an incomparable community like Brentwood at Hobart, where the offerings of assisted living and memory care services can provide peace of mind. From the minute you walk through our welcoming doors, you’ll appreciate the cheerful atmosphere, bountiful amenities, unparalleled care team, and comfortable surroundings that feel like family and home.