Brookdale Portage - Portage, IN

Tour was Fine Overall

I had a pretty nice tour of this community. Everything went well overall. The staff I met was polite, and friendly. The community from what I saw looked nice. The experience was a fine one.

Care for my dad

The staff are very warm and welcoming. I appreciated all of the assistance I received during this new chapter in our lives. Smaller facility that feels more like home. This was the only facility I toured in Portage that had a security door. Ideal location and my Dad is looking forward to fishing in the pond when the weather improves.

First visit. Good location. Kind knowledgeable staff.able to coordinate home health on site. Very quiet residents. Clean.
Followed up with email. Familiar with area but a bit further out.

Very nice place.

This community is a very nice place and is always kept clean. The administration needs some improvement on the communication between the family members and the staff. They could always be more patient with my loved one who has memory loss and needs extra care.

a lot of activities

At Brookdale Portage they have a lot of activities throughout the day for the residents. There are plenty of things to keep them busy. She is definitely ready to come back home since my dad is back in town. But the facility is very nice and the staff are very friendly. I have no complaints about it.

They are doing a good job.

They are doing a good job. It's still new, and it's a tough transition. But they keep it clean and the staff is friendly. The food is pretty good, I haven't had any complaints about that. So far so good.

Got to see this location ye...

Got to see this location yesterday..................loved it! Still need to see a few others.

Brookdale Place Portage provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.