Brookdale Valparaiso Assisted Living - Valparaiso, IN

Nice facility and staff but did not offer skilled care

I toured here when looking for a place for my friend and just from what I saw, they were impressive. It was hard to make a decision but once I realized they didn’t have a skilled care level, we decided to go with a different community. I didn’t want to have to put my friend through another move because of how disruptive it can be. Things seemed to be gauged for each person and their needs and there were activities 7 days a week. There were plenty of people to help with all of those things. The staff and the communication were really good and they interacted with the other residents very well.

I toured this community . The staff member that I toured with was very nice. They informed me of what is available on the menu. This community is very clean and the staff seem attentive to the residents. They offer alot of nice activities. I would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one

Genuine staff

Brookdale Valpariso has a very caring staff and they seem genuinely concerned about the residents. They try to get mom to join in on activities and she does sometimes. The only complaint I have is I have to ring a doorbell to get into the building and have someone let me out when I leave. This is especially frustrating if I have to go out to my car during my visit. I understand they want to keep residents safe but I think they could alter their process or have a keypad families use and change every couple months.

My Understanding Of The Community

I was able to meet with the director and they were very accommodating to me. It took a length of time to see the place and I was able to get a thorough explanation about everything. I saw good interaction with employees and residents.

I would recommend this community!!

I have only visited Brookdale Valparaiso when looking for a community. I do have someone helping my mom there and they let me know the staff seem nice and take good care of her. My mom says the food is fine. The community is clean and they offer activities for the residents to participate in.

compassion and understanding

I was very touched by the compassion and understanding from your staff. They seemed to know what I was going through with my father. After we had signed the necessary paperwork and moved his belongings into his room, he became gravely ill and passed away. My one regret is that he never had the chance to move into Brookdale. I was most touched by the welcome sign that was on his door, and especially the 6pack of ginger ale and box of corn flakes cereal (his favorites) that was on his dresser waiting for his arrival. I know he would have liked living there.

High marks for everything

High marks for everything. We like the staff and we like the place. It's very homey. It was the right choice for the situation with my mother. It is very clean. The staff has been so kind. They always make sure the residents are cared for.

Clean, many activities, sup...

Clean, many activities, supportive staff who redirect to ensure senior satisfaction. Wonderful facility. Good vibes.

A place for mom was a great place to ...

A place for mom was a great place to starte I wish I would have gone to them from the very beginning it would have saved a lot of stressful days.
So far Clare bridge of Valpo has been very good for dad.
I like the rooms, they do not have that hospital feeling, they are more like being at home.
Everyone has been great so far.
Most important is that dad is safe and he knows he is loved and happy

Highly Recommended.

This is a great place , the care givers and nurses are wonderful.
I feel confident in the abilities of the people who work at Clare Bridge of Valparaiso and
I am extremely grateful for the care they provide to my dad.

Mom has toured and says it's nice.

Mom has toured and says it's nice.

director very friendly...seemed to an...

director very friendly...seemed to answer questions appropriately. Good philosophy

This facility was very clean, home-li...

This facility was very clean, home-like, and seemed to have very friendly, trained staff that would meet my dad's needs. I believe that my dad would be good here.

Brookdale Valparaiso is an assisted living community in Valparaiso, Indiana. Valparaiso is a thriving city in northwestern Indiana with a rich cultural scene, an abundance of educational opportunities and all the amenities of big city living served with Midwestern hospitality. Our city is engaging and dynamic, home to Valparaiso University, thirteen parks and two major city annual festivals. Valparaiso is an inviting and welcoming city which makes it a popular place for seniors to spend their retirement years.

Brookdale Valparaiso is located in a quiet, peaceful part of the city giving residents a relaxing experience while also being close to downtown, allowing residents to enjoy all that the city has to offer. At Brookdale Valparaiso we offer customized care services in a home-like community that is easily accessible for residents with limited mobility.

We believe in a person-centered approach to care that puts residents first. Our services and amenities are designed to improve the lives of our residents. They include:

Outdoor courtyard with a garden and walking paths
Private dining room for entertaining visitors
Enclosed sun room
Cozy family room with a fireplace
Private, spacious apartment accommodations