Brentwood at LaPorte - La Porte, IN

My tour was very informative, my questions were answered. Facility appeared clean and maintained. Most residents appeared to be content and happy. I am in the early stages of collecting info. Have not decided if this facility is the right fit for our loved one. Thank you ..

Nursing Director needs replaced!!!

A couple of months ago, I saw the nurse yellon at a resident to sit down. That same nurse was telling another resident who needed assistance with eating, to chug her drink. Later they promoted that nurse to Assistant Director of Nursing. Get your loved ones out of that ridiculous place. That is no way to treat memory care residents.

Robyn Studley

We are sorry to hear about your experience with Brentwood at LaPorte. But, we want to be clear that when this occurred the community was under different management. Now that Meridian Senior Living runs Bentwood at LaPorte, we will not tolerate this. I apologize again for this.

Know who's caring for mom!

My mother has been at Brentwood since 01/2017, my nephew got guardianship at that time, my brother and I don't get along, at all so my brother set up a very short list of visitors for my mom which didn't include me. That's O.K. I got a court order to visit my mother but my wife can't nor can any of mom's friends. I understand this has nothing to do with Brentwood and their services but I'm getting to that.( Some ) of the people at the front desk are very unfriendly, I have a court order to see my mother and the front acts rude. One lady told me there was nobody living there by the name given, even though I had been visiting her for better than a month. I was offended by her lying to me and I told her I didn't appreciate her lying to me, she replied , That's what they are paid for, I told her , no politicians are paid for doing that and not her. Up on memory care I've seen a resident tell one of the employees she was hungry and this girl yelled at her, I didn't like that, I seen a resident ask to go out side, many times , he was told no, although i'm sure they take memory care people out side, but how often? I was trying to talk to my mother one time and the nurse turned her music so loud residents couldn't hear TV and I had a problem talking with my mother sitting just a couple feet from me. These people that is suppose to be watching the residents are busy with their phones and talking to other employees. Maybe that's why my Aunt, who also lives there fell and got a nasty bump on her head and a bad bruise on her arm. I guess of all of this what most concerned me the most is that employee raising her voice at a resident for nothing more than saying she's hungry. That's sad! I'm going for guardianship over my mother and the first thing I'm going to do is to bring mom home! These people at Brentwood seem to have no passion for the elderly.

The best care for mom

This is a nice community. We like the staff who are outstanding and very attentive. This is a family feeling atmosphere I like that she is happy here and is making new friends. This is a wonderful experience for here to be here. The menu is fantastic and she is pleased with everything and alot of choices. The activities are so very helpful for her and is always participating. This community comes recommend

Constance Barr

We very much appreciate your positive comments and accolades. We are delighted that your mom is thriving and making friends in her new home at Brentwood of La Porte. It is a special community, populated by caring and compassionate individuals. Thank you for sharing your family's experience. It is gratifying to know that we are fulfilling on our mission: Creating environments where joy, independence and wellness are the focus each an every day.

Thank you so much for all of your help. A Place for Mom is wonderful. Brentwood is a great place for our mom. All of her needs are met and then some. She has adjusted very well. She has made new friends and is busy all the time. The staff is unsurpassed in every aspect.
The Perkins Family

Dear Perkins Family,
We appreciate your lovely comments and accolades. It sounds like your mom is enjoying her new home to the fullest and establishing enriching new friendships, which is gratifying to hear.
Thank you so much for taking time to share your family's experience. Brentwood at La Porte is a remarkable community.

Very nice place, they take care of everything!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Brentwood! It's a very nice place, I'd give them top marks across the board. The staff is friendly, and they really just take care of everything you might ever need to worry about! We're very happy with our choice!

Constance Barr

We appreciate you taking time to share your positive experience at Brentwood at La Porte. We are proud of the management team and staff who provide exceptional care for our residents. Thank You,

Brentwood Experience

Brentwood is a very nice facility. It is clean and nicely decorated. The working staff are friendly, caring and seem to treat the residents verty well. My only concern was the original intake process. The information we gave didn't seem to be transferred down to the ward. We told the director that we would furnish the medications for our Mom; however, the nurse ended up ordering them from a local pharmacy which cost several hundred dollars. If we ordered them through her insurance, it would have cost her nothing. We asked the staff not to provide her with the services of the beautician, yet, she was taken twice. We even told the beautician not to servicer her, and she did. She has a beautician whom she has seen for years. Her hair was cut anyway. There just seems to be a disconnect between the administration and the line staff that is concerning. We went to the director on several occasions over care issues;, but it didn't seem to help. We seemed to jump through hoops to get her there, tryng to find documents that we didn't need in the first place. but were told that we needed them.. Other than this, my mother likes it there. It is better than the situation she came from. We like having her there as she gets good care. It just could have been a bit smoother at the point of intake and follow through.

feel welcome, very nice place

The people at Brentwood at LaPorte were very good at making us feel welcome. They also have really gone out of their way to help, including doing doing any little tasks we asked of them, etc. It is a very nice place.

There was one small issue with a bill that we received that caused a minor inconvenience, but when we brought it to their attention they were able to work it out and we got everything settled.

I would definitely rate them highly and recommend them.

I Would Recommend It

My dad was there for maybe 6 months. It's a nice place. It's extremely nice and clean. It kind of felt like you were in a hotel as opposed to a hospital or something so I would definitely recommend it to other people. They have the different levels of care. My dad required a little bit more care before he passed aways so it was good that they had that.

Not interested...too far away.

Not interested...too far away.

At Brentwood at La Porte, in La Porte, IN, we’re aware of how difficult it can be to transition out of the comforts of home and into the unfamiliarity of a new senior living community. Here, we do our best to make certain your next phase of life with us feels as familiar, comfortable, and homelike as the last.

Set against beautifully landscaped grounds, in a quiet residential area 10 minutes south of Lake Michigan, Brentwood at La Porte offers a peaceful senior living community where residents experience carefree living in a supportive, full-care environment. In fact, most residents find our senior living retirement community to have all the services and amenities they need … and a welcoming place where new friends are found everyday, and where the burdens of cooking, cleaning, and home maintenance are tended to by a highly trained and compassionate staff. You’ll find everything you need to pursue your passions, make friends and enjoy life in an atmosphere that makes you say “WOW!”