Rittenhouse Village at Valparaiso - Valparaiso, IN

Wasn't the right fit for mom.

Rittenhouse made a very good impression when we toured. It was a larger community with two stories. The activities were held on the second and the room my mother would have been in was on the first floor. I felt because she would have to use the elevator often she wouldn't go to events or join in.

Toured both valparaiso and portage locations. Identical layouts, clean and spacious. Staff was courteous and answered all questions. A little higher priced due to location than portage.

Clean Facility !!

During our tour the staff was very understanding and patient with the information we had requested for our loved one. It was very clean throughout the community and the residents seemed happy. My only concern was the building is a two story, and that is not very safe for my mother.

I Enjoyed Viewing The Community

When I came to view the community I had a good encounter. The lady who showed my the place was knowledgeable about the care. She took her time showing me the community.

They get us active and involved

The staff here is very energetic and lively. There are lots of activities and the staff actively tries to get us involved with all of them.

really happy

Rittenhouse Senior Living of Valparaiso. It is pricey here but what you get for the money is worth it. So far we have been really happy with the staff. The activities have been great and the staff are really good getting the residents involved. Mom seems well cared for and we are able to come visit any time. They are real transparent there and we are very happy.

Good Community

It is a good community so far. I am pleased that we placed him in here. They make him feel at home which is what he needs. Could have some better food choices and activities but other than that its great so far.

Nice looking place, not a good fit for us

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought it was a nice looking place overall, but it would not have been a good fit for my loved one. It was too large, and I think it would have been too intimidating for her.

Nice, friendly, clean. Dire...

Nice, friendly, clean. Director is very hands on and creative.

Very nice place!

Overall things have gone very well with Rittenhouse! It's a very nice looking, clean, and well kept facility. The staff are friendly and professional. I like that they learn everyone's schedule, and will check in on residents if they don't show up to meals, etc. They really do a great job with the activities! There's so much going on that they could really wear a person out! My loved one also enjoys that they have live music often.

Very nice place, overall

We've been very pleased with the service here so far, this place just seems like a great match for what my loved one needs. She was in a community before we really liked, but she started to need a bit more care than they were able to provide. Rittenhouse provides the same friendly feel as her previous home, combined with the care she needs now. The way their pricing structure works for their shared suite apartments also means that her cost of living didn't increase much.
One thing they do particularly well here are the activities. There is a lot of participation from the residents, due in part to the activity staff being very involved in encouraging participation. They'll let every resident know personally about the activities going on, and if it is their first time attending the activity the employee will accompany them to make it easier to get involved.
The food service here is also excellent! The food is delicious, presented well, and the dining staff are friendly and professional.
The only issues we've had here are a few minor mixups with things like laundry scheduling.

Select With Information

Senior Living Advisors were extremely helpful in my search to find an assisted living facility for my mother in Valparaiso, Indiana. I already had a facility picked out, but with their help I was able to widen my search and in the end I chose a facility that I had not known prior to talking with Keri Gotsch, my advisor at Senior Living Advisors. She gave me lots of good information and when all the facts were known the place we chose, Rittenhouse, was by far the best. Thank you to Senior Living Advisors and Keri!

Everything was good

Everything was perfect, they were wonderful, the cost was well worth it. I thought the food was really good, he really enjoyed the food. We never went to anything but there were activitie everyday.

smoke ok. pets ok.

smoke ok. pets ok.

Rittenhouse Senior Living is an up-scale environment offering state-of-the-art technology, first class dining and top-notch care. Our apartment style Licensed Assisted Living offers all the amenities of home without the work.

Our Assisted Living and Memory Care Suites provides full-service care with a licensed nurse 24-hours a day, Medical Director supervision, emergency lifeline system, chef prepared three meals a day served restaurant style, weekly housekeeping, scheduled transportation, interactive and social activities, utilities, basic cable and much more. All of this is included in your base rental price which is something that most places do not offer. But at Rittenhouse, we want to make life easier-and make billing clear and transparent for your family.