Brookdale Bethany - Bethany, OK

Small and tight-knit

I really like this facility because it is a smaller community and it is very tight knit. I feel like it suits my Aunt very well. When I had questions, the staff addressed all of them. They followed through with everything that they said they were going to do during the tour. I am very pleased with this facility. The staff is very nice and they get all of the residence involved in the activities that are going on that day. This community just feels so bright and vibrant. From what I’ve been told, my Aunt likes the food and has told me they are good sized portions. They serve 3 meals a day with a few different options if you have specific food needs. There are also snacks and desserts throughout the day if you’re hungry between meals. If my Aunt wants to, she can keep food in her room. She has a small kitchenette equipped with a sink, microwave, and a refrigerator so she can heat snacks up. The only thing I have a complaint on is I wish the rooms were just a little bit bigger and cost just a little less. The facility also has a few activities that my Aunt can do. There’s bingo, games, movies, and a bus that can take them out and about. I would recommend this community.

Worth taking a look at

I liked this community when we visited it. The community seemed clean and there was no odor. The person that took us on tour was sweet. This community was a little more expensive than the community we chose.

Positive experience

Things are going well so far. My mother-in-law has Alzheimers but she does her best to join in activities. I have not shared a meal with her but I have been there during meal time and she seems to enjoy the food. I ask a lot of questions while I'm there but I think they could do a better job of initiating conversations with the family.When I aks questions they do the best they can to answer them for me.

No Stress

It all started with a phone call from "a place for Mom". Our search became focused and simple. Instead of us making phone calls, we began receiving calls and emails detailing different facilities and their benefits and values. We thought this process might take up to two months. Within one week we had decided where Mom would go and five days later she was in! A great thank you to the staff at Brookdale Bethany and our advisor at "A place for Mom"
Thank you all.

Overall, Pretty Good

I think they are fine. It has just been rocky and it is hard to keep good aides. Everyone is trying hard here though, there are a few caretakers that are not great, but they are weeded out. Overall it is pretty good though. It could be better, but they are trying.

The food quality they have leaves a lot to be desired, but that is the only thing.

Nice place, overall

I think they've done a good job at Sterling House so far. My loved one can be a bit of a tough customer, and she was not on board with the idea of assisted living at all, but the staff have all been very friendly, patient, and professional. It's a nice looking facility, and very good for the price range. It is worth a look if you're looking for senior living in the area.

Sterling House provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Sterling House we promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Our community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.