We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
- Female & Male Residents
- Nurses on Staff
- Memory Care Services
- Secure Memory Unit
- Bathing, Grooming, Hygiene
- Mobility Assistance
- Toileting & Incontinence Care
- Special Diet Preparation
- Medication Reminders
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Companionship & Conversation
- Private Pay Care
- Management and Evaluation
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Pets Allowed
- Long Term Care
- Short Term Rehab
- Resident Activities
- 24 hour care
- Personal care
- Arts and Crafts Programs
- Movie Theater
- Laundry services
- Safety Checks
- Exercise Assistance
- Companion Care
- On-site Maintenance Personnel
- Availability of Professional Service Staff 24-hours per day
- Availability of trained clinical staff 24-hours per day
- 24-hour Emergency Call Response
- Fine dining service for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Personalized care plans
- Daily up and about check
- Nutritious snacks available throughout the day
- Secured exterior courtyards with walking paths and professionally manicured landscapes and gardens
- Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
- Specializing in Alzheimer
- Recreational & Social Activities
- Assistance with all aspects of daily living
- 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day
- Free Nourishment Stations
- Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
- Medical Director on Staff
- hospice care assistance
- Free Assessment
- Care for seniors and adults recovering from an illness
- Outside Patio Garden
- Full-time Activity Director
- Massage Therapy
- Anytime Dining
Larger facility but still nice
I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Mother. The person who gave me the tour was friendly and seemed knowledgeable. However, I don’t like this facility because it is on the larger side. I know they are not eyes on hands-on as much as I would like. There are hallways that the staff can’t see and if my mom fell, no one would notice unless someone was to walk by. Even though this facility was not for her, I would recommend them to other families.
A good tour!
Before choosing a place, I also toured Legend at Council Road. It was a nice community, very clean and well maintained. The tour guide was friendly and welcoming, they answered any questions and made it a good experience to tour.
[Removed] very professional, helpful and obviously well liked by the residents. As with any older facility, aging is showing, but maintenence personnel appear to be addressing. The separation of assisted and memory care did not fit with our expectations. At the current stage of our family member, not certain this facility is for him. Having said that, it is obvious that the staff and residents have a noticeable family bond. That is meaningful!
A good choice!
The Legend at Council was a great place to tour, and my mother's sister lives there as well and they seem to really like it. This is the place I hoped that my parents would choose but they ended up choosing another community.
Was this review helpful?
Some Room for Improvement, but Overall a Nice Community
So far everything is working out pretty well since our move to this community. There is still some issues we are working out, but hopefully with time things improve. This is a nice community. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the facility. The staff is good for the most part, but they seem to think since I live with my wife, that I have to take care of her most of the time. I would like for them to be a little more attentive. They have a new chef, and hopefully the meals improve. It is still a work in progress, but this is a good community overall.
Was this review helpful?
The communication among staff members could be better.
The communication among staff members could be better. It's very clean, and no complaints about the food. The activities on the weekends seem a little sparse. The people seem generally friendly, and happy, and we haven't heard any unusual complaints from any of them. We chose them because they seemed to be the best for the money, and offered memory care.
Was this review helpful? 1
All in all it's really been pretty good.
All in all it's really been pretty good. Anything we have had problems with, they have been very quick to remedy. The staff has been very helpful, there is a high turnover, but not with key personnel. The billing has taken a minute to get right. This was one of the more expensive places, but it was the most convenient, and appear to be the best selection. Everything is an additional fee, it isn't all inclusive. The key staff and personnel are very attentive, and the care is good. They have railings, and lounges for the residents to stop and rest when they are walking. There is even one girl that checks on my loved one on her days off. They do have agencies, that help with staffing, so there are some new people from time to time, that aren't always as efficient as the regular staff. She has made friends there. She likes the food for the most part. It's always pretty clean, but there have been a couple of times that the bathroom wasn't as clean as I would like, and I didn't know that we needed to bring our own trash bags. There are little housekeeping things that could be better, but it doesn't smell bad or anything. One thing about them is that the speaker is in the living room, but the pull cords are in the bathroom and the bedroom and there isn't a speaker in each area with the cord. The social director is so terrific, she comes in and makes sure that she knows what's going on and encouraging her to come out. They have a family day every month and a different theme every month, they are very warm and they give her hugs. It's a lovely place, very nice.
Was this review helpful?
Legend at Council Road is an assisted living and memory care residence committed to providing quality services in an inviting, caring environment. We offer professional, personalized services designed to enhance the quality of life for those we serve. We are dedicated to those who entrust their housing and service needs to us.
At Legend at Council Road, we honor each resident's independence, personal choices and dignity. Visit us for a tour, and you'll see how our combination of an elegant residential setting along with the caring, helpful staff at Legend at Council Road is just the right choice for your housing or service needs.
Every design feature of Legend is based on our philosophy of service and our dedication to creating quality environments and service delivery systems for the residents we serve.
You’ll feel at home in this beautifully landscaped residential setting.
• Elegant homestyle architecture
• Porte Cochère – providing weatherfree access to front entrance
• Beautifully landscaped grounds, including enclosed courtyard
Designed with the comforts of home and engineered with the functionality to support independence.
• Kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, sink, and cabinetry
• Large bathroom with curbless shower
• Emergency call system with speaker response
• Telephone and cable connections
• Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
Generous gathering areas inspire an enriching lifestyle full of friends and new experiences.
• Personal Care Suite providing health and wellness evaluations and services
• Therapeutic and relaxing whirlpool spa
• Elegant, restaurant-style dining
• Main Street Café for casual dining and snacks
• Common living room, game room and library
• Uptown Theater