Emerald Square - Oklahoma City, OK

Wonderful Assisted Living Facility

I toured the facility for my aunt and was very impressed with the homey feel, the good smell (fresh baked bread), the cleanliness, and friendliness of the staff. They seemed to be glad they worked there. My aunt has chosen to move in. I would recommend this place to anyone deciding to move their family and and loved ones into.

They make an effort to do what they can

I think they could brighten up the community a little more. The atmosphere seems gloomy. The caregivers seem to be doing what they can to care for my husband. He is not fond of the food, however they are doing what they can to accommodate his requests and they bring his food to his room. The community is clean and they do make his bed. They do offer daily activities. Some family members do not think this community is in a good neighborhood. I would recommend this community.

We thought the facility was very nice and the staff was very friendly. I am disappointed that they did not quote the pricing correctly to us. We were quoted the price for one person even though my Mom and Dad were both touring and were clearly going to be living there. When we got home we saw in the paperwork an added cost for the second person. So I called the next day to check the cost. I asked if they could give me the cost for the cottages and told them that my Mom and Dad would be living in the cottage. I was still quoted the one person rate. When I asked is there an added cost for the second person and was told yes and only then was I told of a second person cost. If this cost was only a few hundred dollars maybe it wouldn't have been a big deal but it was eleven hundred dollars more.

Care for Dad

We toured this community for the care of my father. The staff was nice and able to answer the questions that we had. This community. is clean and they had a good list of nice activities that are offered. The menu was appealing with a large variety. This is a community that families might consider for good care for a loved one.

My mom lived here for just under a year until I moved her out in Feb. 2016. The staffing, environmental, food, nursing, and general overall conditions were okay when she moved in. Everything kept getting worse and worse. I didn't realize how bad things had gotten until I noticed all the rooms that were vacant. Most of their residents don't have the family or the finances to help them move out and into a better facility. But every time a resident does move out that's less money for them to run the business properly, which makes it harder for them to get a new tenant, and conditions deteriorated quickly. Staffing... the front desk is not manned, one person serving everyone's meals, pendant call alarms not answered, residents yelling for help from the various hallways, the BRAND NEW management scrambling looking for their aides, and a maintenance man who knows every way NOT to fix something.

Where does one begin... I'm just glad my mom is no longer there.

I should've set up hidden cameras early on instead of near the end of my mom's stay there. But I did capture these fantastic videos...

Two employees attempting to [Removed] food. This is just after I had moved my mom out but still in the process of cleaning out the unit. The reason they didn't take anything is because I had emptied out the fridge. Oh yes, plenty of food was [Removed] while my mom was there. Here's a link to the video (1 minute and 4 seconds into the video is where it starts)...
[removed]

Here is a video of a staff member helping my mom to bed. Some of the staff are worse, some are better, and some are really great. I'd say this is in the middle for Emerald Square...
[removed]

Janet Davis

Eric, We are very sorry to hear that you had unfavorable experience during your mother’s stay at Emerald Square. We continually strive to provide our residents and families the best quality service possible and is appears we did not accomplish this goal. If you would like to discuss your particular incident, please feel free to contact us to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

Things are going good.

This community does not offer as many activities as my mother in law would like. She is living in independent living and the activities are offered in a small room in the assisted living area. They do get involved in some of the activities honoring veterans. She does not like the food as she has said it seems like institutional food. The staff are nice, however they do have a lot of turnover. The community is clean safe and equipped to care for the residents.

Enjoyed the visit. It was cut short as we had something come up. We did visit the assisteant living center and loved the interaction they had with residents and the activities that they coordinated. Had a concern about independent living residents having transportation back and forth to the doctors office. This place doesn't offer that service for independent living residents.

My tour!

This is a clean older community and we had a good tour. The staff were nice. They offer daily activities. This community did feel more institutional.

Nice Tour!

The community at Emerald Square was nicely kept. The staff that offered the tour were very friendly and courteous. The staff did a nice job of sharing all that the community had to offer and addressed all of my questions.

I would move there my self!

Dropped by to visit a family friend, extremely impressed with how kind and compassionate the staff seems the entire place seems to be clean and well taken care of! I would DEFINITELY recommend this place or would suggest to a friend!

I would recommend Emerald Square!!

Since moving in, my mom has had 2 falls and ended up in the emergency room. When she returns back to the community from the hospital the staff have been great with her care. The staff know my wife and I by name and are very friendly. Every morning they clean the entire community, it is amazing. I had the opportunity to try a meal and it was good as well as the meals are well balanced. They have been having a hard time keeping an activities director but she does participate when they have an activity.

Nice people, suggest buddy system.

Everyone is very nice and helpful, but I wish there were more activities such as Yoga. It would be nice if someone could act as a buddy the first week or so, to meet for meals. It could be difficult for some to go to the dinning room alone and would be nice if a resident would meet them and introduce them to a few others.

Very pleased

As far as I know they are going very well. I have been there to visit twice and both times I was impressed with the facility and the staff. I think it is a great facility and I am very pleased with the way things seem to be going.

Fast and Efficient

They are pretty fast and efficient with everything. It did not take long to get the information we needed and to get my loved one moved in to the place. I was impressed overall with anything at Emerald square.

Very Happy With The Place

I just think that everybody is so friendly at Emerald Square. It has just been a wonderful experience. My loved one has only been there a month and a half, but I am very happy with the place. It is great.

Faciloity review

Employees are kind, respectful and caring. The food menu leaves much to be desired as I have heard other residents complaining and I agree. e.g. serving a fish sandwich for dinner one night and crab cakes the next night. The brochure menu that I read is not as advertised. The maintenance is questionable as my mother has been there a month and has experienced a broken fan, loose switch plates on the wall, loose toilet seats and the toilet itself was loose. (Finally fixed yesterday)
The facility is clean and well kept appearance wise.

For a first visit to anypla...

For a first visit to anyplace like this, this one was surprisingly palatable. The price is particularly appealing, with total independence, the availability of all meals and I even could take my dog.

We are set to move. It seems a lot better than the last place.

We are set to move. It seems a lot better than the last place. It's a lot less expensive as well. They are not as high falutin, they are nice and clean, and new looking, but they are not fancy schmancy. It looks like a good fit.

Not happy

My father lives at emerald square independent center in a cottage home. His vehicle was improperly towed and it took us three months the cops getting involved and hiring and attorney! On top of that it wasn't really "towed" it was stolen. There is no report at the DMV of it ever being towed. When returned they gave is keys "that thy had made for it an dr he tail lights were busted out. The car was obviously stolen and we are currently trying to find somewhere else for him to live