Somerford Place Redlands - Redlands, CA

My husband was only there for a week ...

My husband was only there for a week for Respite care. The only thing he didn't like was people that live there wandered in his room and were very persistent in staying.
Always took a staff member to get them to leave.
He said food was very good. The staff was always friendly and helpful.

My dad feels "safe and relaxed."

Dad needed a locked facility and 24 hour care. He had escaped his home several times in the middle of the night prompting our decision to find a memory care facility for him. At Somerford, he has not felt the need to "escape" once since he's been there. At Somerford, he feels "safe and relaxed"....his very own words. The "circular" layout of the halls, the pleasantly decorated rooms and the beautiful gardens give the facility a very open feeling. The staff is also very friendly and kind. They know how to motivate without being "pushy." Everyone, including the maintenance and administrative staff, keeps an eye on the residents throughout the day, gently redirecting as necessary. I also like having nurses on staff 24/7. Just remember that if your loved one needs medical attention in the ER or urgent care, you will need to accompany them. No one will accompany them from the facility. Unfortunately, I was in the ER a lot.

Large facility.Staff was en...

Large facility.Staff was engaged and friendly.Large common area (+ add'l rooms) for activities, meals, television. Access to large outside patio area w/ room to sit and access to walking paths. Entire area inside and out very secure for entry and exit. Cons - resident rooms nice however they were extended hallways off the main common area. All were exactly the same and felt like it would be confusing for memory residents to find their way. Identification for each room was a memory box outside the resident door containing personal momentos. Mom is too advanced for this to be effictive. Most expensive facility toured.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for visiting our community. I am sorry that you felt the community was not the right place for your loved one. While I understand why it may seem like it might be confusing, our memory care neighborhoods are specifically designed for those with memory impairment, and even for each individual resident, so that they are less confused and more engaged.

Amazing Nursing Staff

My husband is here now and I love it! The nurses and staffing are on top of everything. They communicate greatly with the doctors that are affiliated, with each other and with me. They're very attentive, I find, to all the residents. They know what's going on all the time - I don't know how the do it. I'm very pleased.

Repainting and Redecorating When I Visited

I went to go see it but I didn't get as far as seeing a room or anything. I know it was like $1000 more than the other place we were looking at and I just didn't get the same feeling when I walked in there. They were redecorating and repainting so it was a bit of a mess. The staff was nice but I guess it just was not a good time to assess the office.

Staff Couldn't Keep Up

We had a pretty negative experience there. Part of it was just due to the medications that my wife was being given. She was agitated all the time and I just didn't feel like the staff could keep up with her. It just didn't work out for us.

Seems confusing

We did not like the way this community was setup. The rooms are grouped together like a wagon wheel and you either come out or make a left or a right to get to the center. This setup seems like it would be confusing for our loved one. They also took me into a community room when they had just opened it for the day and it already smelled like urine. If the room was just opened for the day it shouldn't have that odor. The community was also just too big for what we were wanted.

Beautiful and perfect. Pri...

Beautiful and perfect. Price may be a difficulty if long term placement.

Very wonderful people and the residen...

Very wonderful people and the residents seem so happy . Was nice to the see the folks who work here, engaging with the residents and lvoing their jobs! Awesome!

Known for our expertise in providing care for those with memory impairments, Somerford Place of Redlands was purpose built to meet our residents' special needs. With spacious grounds and a warm, homelike interior, our residents are encouraged and empowered as we care for them on their journey. Our comprehensive dementia program includes exceptional resident care, an expansive activities program which promotes socialization, and a superb dining program. We pride ourselves in having a loving, well-trained staff that truly appreciates the trust our resident families place in us. Stop by for a tour today!