Brightwater Senior Living of Highland - Highland, CA

Good Tour, But Dorm Size Rooms

This was a very nice community, and I had a nice tour of it. However their rates are very expensive. The community looked nice, but the room they showed me was small. It is a newer facility, and everything was well-kept. It was a good experience, but for the prices they charge you think the rooms would be bigger.

Communication Breakdown

I am experiencing a disconnect between Brightwater management and staff. Before move in, we explicitly stated our concerns and limitations. We were assured by sales and management that none of our issues would be a problem. After move in, we are now being told by the medical staff we "need" to pay for additional services. Specifically, we are being told that we need to pay for services that, as far as I can tell, only serve to smooth Brightwater's processes. Nobody has been able to demonstrate how these things are required for the care of our loved one. But, the medical staff insists I am "required" to pay additional charges to their internal pharmacy (even though there is no mention of these charges in the written contract or in the service agreement).

Very lovely facility. However, my parents decided they were not ready for assisted living and later decide not to move in.

Good Care

I think that this is a great community. We are very happy with the care she is given here. They have alot of good activities that are offered to help stay active. I would recommend this community for other families for the good care. This is a new community and very nice and clean.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Brightwater Senior Living of Highland! The people here are incredibly friendly, and they do a great job making the residents feel comfortable and at home! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and when I was researching them before I visited I saw nothing but good things!

Still adjusting parents and facility

The facility and parents are still adjusting. Only been one week today. The staff are so nice and caring. I don't feel really comfortable evaluating so soon. I would really like to make a true evaluation after my parents have been there a couple of months. There really has not been enough time to figure out exactly how much care my parents really need and if Bright Water is eventually going to meet all their needs.

I would recommend this community!!!

Mom and Dad had a rough first month since moving into Brightwater. They are finally starting to settle in and the staff have been helpful. The food is good and they offer a wide variety. They have many activities for my parents to participate in when they are ready.

Everything Is Going Well

It's taking some time for my father to adjust with the move into the community but we understand it will take some time. So far everything is going well with him the staff has been good to him. It is a very nice looking place and good people there. He has made some new friends so that is a plus. I would say to anyone going through this process just make sure you communicate you loved one needs to the staff so they understand everything.

A Real Nice Place

I guess just the facility itself, Brightwater Senior Living is a real nice place. With improvements though, they could have some follow through on the sales pitch. Not everything they said was pitched well.

I think everything is really good for what my mother-in-laws needs are. She is doing excellent there and they are a supportive staff who cares about and respects her. I give this facility five stars all the way through because they show it.

The community is new so far really good. The staff is really good and caring, I dont have any complaints about this place. Overall its a great place and they have a bunch of activities to do and keep you busy.

Thanks for finding us a home

We recently moved my mother-in-law into Brightwater. In a very short time we realized what a wonderful facility we had chosen. All of the staff are friendly and very professional.

In the first few weeks we had some concerns that we brought to the attention of Jennifer Lee, Executive Director, Elizabeth Jimenez, Assistant Director and Helen Williams and Tamara Perez, the Resident Care Mngrs. We were extremely impressed with how quickly our concerns were addressed and resolved to our satisfaction in an professional and timely manner.

Brightwarter is a beautiful, open and airy (windows everywhere) place. There are several well maintained outdoor spaces including two wonderful courtyards along with a coffee shop, theatre, arts & crafts room, exercise room, spa, hair salon, and chapel to mention a few of the amenities. The nursing staff delivers meds to the residents on time and with that ever present smile and cheerful attitude.

Upon entering the building you are greeted by the Administrative Asst, Julie. She always has a smile on her face and can answer any questions you may have or direct you to the appropriate person or place. If you arrive after 5 pm you will meet the receptionist, Linda, again, so friendly with always a smile. Within a short time they make you feel like family.

The dining room is warm and cozy and the chefs prepare amazing, tasty meals served by a friendly and helpful staff which often includes Jennifer or Elizabeth walking around chatting with the residents or refilling their drinks. The residents appear to be happy and cheerful, quickly greeting new residents and helping to make them feel at home.

We are hoping to have a long, happy association with Brightwater and can't thank A Place for Mom enough for finding a home for our mom.

Frustrating experience

We have had some issues with Brightwater Senior Living that have ended up making it a negative experience for us. I feel like there is a big disconnect between the management and the medical staff. When we were speaking to the administrator during the touring process we were very clear about our loved one's issues, and we were told that they wouldn't be a problem. However, when we did the official assesment a few days before he was due to move in we were told that he was not appropriate for assisted living and needed to be placed in memory care. He has a few dementia problems, but as things stand now he is the highest functioning person in their memory care section, and he had nobody to socialize with. The director has told us a few times that they will reassess him in a few weeks and possibly move him back to assisted living, but when I speak with the care staff they say they haven't heard anything about this. I have worked in senior care and memory care myself, and I've tried to make a few suggestions about how to make him more comfortable in their memory care, since he is high functioning, but they do not seem interested in putting any of them into effect. It has been a very frustrating experience overall.

Absolutely wonderful facility. We randomly talked to residents and they were all extremely happy and content to be living at Brightwater. Brand new facility with all the amenities needed (hair salon, massage room, well equipped art and craft room, even a great movie theater. For all that you get the price is very reasonable. We are definitely considering this as a home for mom.

just wonderful

Brightwater Senior Living of Highland is just an absolutely beautiful facility, spotlessly clean, and wonderfully friendly staff. Everything was just wonderful there. I really can't even think of anything they could do to improve.

This place is large and has...

This place is large and has many activities. It is well suited to someone who is still very active. Although it is within walking distance of the physician office, the place is not for someone as complaining and aggravating as my family member. She would only serve to unnerve the entire new community. Staff here are very friendly and it is a facility that would be amazing for me to live in now, but definately not the mother in law.