Keep looking, this isn't the one you want.

Constant turn over of staff. At times only 1 person serving entire dining room leading to over two hour wait time for food service. Staff that hangs on works hard, but excessive turn over leads to disruption in daily activities, meal service, and overall happiness of residents. Something not right about the management of this place. Would not recommend it unless cost and apt. size are your only motivation to find a place. Sadly, that is what makes my mother refuse to leave.

Beautiful facility but food could use some help

The food here is not very good but it will do. We lost the manager when I came and another one a week ago but she will be back in 2 weeks, however, some of the staff usually seems to be confused. Some of the residents should not be here as they are obviously in need of much more help and not able to walk without help. I love the beauty here and the maintenance man is terrific.

Nice Place!!

I have no complaints about how my tour went of this community for my father. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. I thought they had a lot of nice amenities for all of the residents and did a good job maintaining the facility. It was just not the right fit in the end decision.

Clean Property!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my father and everything went well for us. The staff where very polite and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. The property was clean and they had a lot of great amenities for all of the residents. My dad just ended up not making the move anywhere in the end decision.

The Community is Great

My dad is doing just fine and he tells me that he likes the community. He likes the food and the activities the most.
The staff are making the residents comfortable and safe, so far they have been good. We picked them because he already knew some people living here and it was affordable.

Pleasant Experience!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to give my loved one and I lots of great information of everything they had to offer. They had a nice floor plan with lots of great amenities available to all of the residents. Overall It was pleasant just was not the right fit for my mother .

Slow response!

I did not tour the Sky Peaks because it was outside our price range, so I can't really rate anything except overall impression. The 3-star overall is because they were quite slow with responses to my questions. I would email them a question and it would be dead air for a few days before I received a response. It did not give me a good feeling. I tried to change the rating to 3 stars, but it won't do it.

Great place!

A super experience so far! Just moved in and everyone is super friendly and helpful. I couldn't be happier!

A Good Fit

The atmosphere and care is going very well for my brother. This community has no problems staying clean, the staff do a good job. My brother likes his meals and it seems to be healthy because he has lost a few pounds to be healthier. Since it has been fine so far, I would absolutely recommend this community to family or friends.

Sky Peaks Rocks as well as A Place for Mom

Super people! Helpful , kind ,compassionate!

Nice

This is a nice facility, but it is overpriced. The staff is very friendly and competent. They could communicate a little better with us definitely. The food is decent.

The facility is just not what it used to be

Sky Peaks food was the worst food I have ever had. Their regular cook died. I just had some concerns with the food. The facility was clean. There were a lot of residents with Alzheimer's, who were harassing my mom. It just wasn't a good fit for her. The facility is just not what it used to be. I know the food used to be good. The price versus what you get was not good. She is no longer at this facility. She is in a much better one.

Food is great!

They are very eager to sign. Some fees were omitted (service fee not mentioned). Overall what we are getting is about 3 in value because I feel a little misled. The reason for this is that they are not as responsive once you sign.

They're Personable

They are really personable. They make it feel like a family atmosphere. The food is good. The activities director is going to be leaving, and another is coming on board so we are a little anxious about that, because the person who is coming on board was previously in the kitchen. So it's an advancement for that person, which I thought was nice. Right now their doctor appointments can only be on certain days and I wish it could include more days. She has a very nice place.

Sky Peaks, Reno, NV is a great place live.........

Sky Peaks in Reno, NV has been a great experience for my mother. She was the one who decided she wanted to move in and become a resident. I have had the pleasure of eating lunch there with her and her friends and found the food to be very tasty. There's snacks available all day as well as beverages. Her fees include three meals per day, housekeeping once a week, and laundry for her towels and bed linens once per week. She elected to have her personal clothes laundered for a small additional cost once per week. The staff and other residents are extremely friendly. This is an "Independent Living" community. If a person required additional care, contracted professionals can be hired for an additional cost. There are a variety of activities available to her and the other residents. They are in the process of getting a qualified van driver for extra trips. My mother is happy, busy, and is in the process of making new friends.

Our family is very pleased and very impressed with it,

We chose this community for our loved one, and he is absolutely ecstatic there. Our family is very pleased and very impressed with it, without exception. Definitely a five in my book.

The staff is pretty friendly. She's pretty happy there.

It's very clean. The staff is pretty friendly. She's pretty happy there. It's the worst food she's ever had though. It would be nice if they could knock on the door or if they had a reminder, an anouncement a few minutes before, of when activities are starting. The laundry room can only be used at certain times because the maids use it to clean the sheets and they have the prime time of day from like 8-3. The laundryroom was not included in the tour.

Above and Beyond with Accommodating Us

She is doing better all the time. She is adjusting. I have someone come in to help her. It is not a nursing home, so they don't have any medical staff. My sister-in-law has her own apartment. They do activities, but she doesn't participate. The food is very good! All home cooked food. There are three floors and it is quite large. They people were so friendly and really helpful; for instance, she is in a wheelchair and the floors were all carpeted, and they actually took all the carpeting out and put in linoleum. The installed a new shower that would fit her wheelchair. They went out of their way to accommodate her and that was just great.

They've Gone Above and Beyond

I like the place but my mother is just too disabled for there. The people are really nice. She has basically an assisted living group helping her out everyday but she's refusing to leave her room. They've been wonderful, the people there. They've done more than what we're paying them for, let's put it that way. They've gone well above and beyond what I thought they should so they get my highest recommendation.

Perched in the foothills above northwest Reno, you’ll love Sky Peaks‘ beautiful views, comfortable facilities and caring staff. Residents also appreciate the convenience of being just minutes from shopping, dining, healthcare and all the attractions of the biggest little city.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind