Dad's Happy !

My Dad has been living here for 2 months now and is very happy. The staff is amazing. When my sisters and I moved Dad in over the course of 3 days, constantly going in and out of the facility, I noticed that every single staff member was genuinely kind and friendly towards the tenants. [Removed], the director is sweet and helpful. I feel as though I have a friend looking out for Dad since I live 5 hours away. Her husband, [Removed], the facilities manager is also a true gem. He really went out of his way to make a few minor adjustments in Dad's apartment to make him more comfortable in his new home. Since Dad has moved in, I noticed he no longer says he's lonely. He has made so many new friends. I am so relieved that we have found a place that makes Dad happy !

Lisa Witt

We are delighted that Dad is happy at Lakeside Manor. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

I would never put my dad here

This community was very dark and smelly, my tour by the staff went fine but I, myself would never think of coming here nor would I put anyone that I loved here or recommend it to anyone.

Great Apartment!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my loved one since he made the move into this community. The staff are friendly and have helped him get adjusted in his new living environment. He is happy every time I speak to him and is enjoying his apartment very much. I am pleased to see him doing so well and would recommend it to anyone,

Lisa Witt

Thank you for recommending Lakeside Manor. We are delighted that Dad is happy here.

Nice Staff!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to give my loved one and I lots of great information of everything they had to offer. They had a nice floor plan with lots of great amenities available to all of the residents. Overall It was pleasant just was not the right fit for my mother .

Lisa Witt

Thank you for your feedback. We hope you found the perfect place for your mother! All the best.

No complaints!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my dad so far at this community. He is very happy with his new living environment and seems to have adjusted well. He has had no issues with the food and is slowly starting to participate in many of the activities they have available for the residents throughout the week. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.

Lisa Witt

So glad your dad is adjusting nicely to Lakeside Manor. That is the goal. Happy residents with more socialization opportunities and access to quality meals and nutrition plus peace of mind for his son or daughter. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Not very impressed!

The Lakeside manor was not my first choice. It was considerably cheaper than the other places that I toured, but the atmosphere was not as positive as other communities. The main entry was small and a bit gloomy, the hallways were a bit dark, and the place had the overall feel of a second rate hotel. The rooms were nice but the rest of the facility was not as appealing.

I tried to change the rating to 2-1/2 stars, but it won't change.

Lisa Witt

Our entry is attractive, with a nice fish tank that is always clean, music always going and/or activities in the library that is attached to the main office area. Our fireplace is always going on these colder days. The hallways are not dark, we have numerous windows throughout. The building has a good vibe with happy residents. We have activities going, bible study, exercise classes, country store open, bingo, arts and crafts and several others people always out and about. We encourage prospective residents to visit and see for themselves why residents happily call Lakeside Manor home! We wish you the best as you search for a retirement community that works best for you.

Care for a good friend

I am glad to know that my friend is in a great community with the very nice staff that are very helpful. The community is very clean and maintained. She seems to be happy with the food and the variety. She is active with the activities with other residents. I would recommend the care and value to other families.

Lisa Witt

Thank you so much for your positive review on Lakeside Manor. We are delighted your friend is happily settled in a great community! All the best.

5 stars all the way!

My father was very comfortable living at the Lakeside Manor. We liked everything they had to offer and everyone was very nice. The place was kept very clean and well maintained. I would recommend this place to anyone looking!

Lisa Witt

Thank you for sharing your father's 5 star experience at Lakeside Manor.

Great atmosphere

Very up beat friendly staff and residents.

Lisa Witt

Staff is key to resident happiness! Thanks for sharing.

They have nice meals, and alternative selections when the entree is not preferred. The residents genuinely enjoy living at Lakeside Manor. The several activities per day are a way for residents to socialize with others.

Lisa Witt

Meals and socialization through activities are key to resident satisfaction. Thank you for noting the key benefits of senior living! Glad you are happy with Lakeside Manor!

Review of Lakeside Manor - Reno, NV

Debi lead our tour and we felt very welcomed and our questions were answered. We saw the dining room and several of the many common meeting and activity rooms. Many of the residents were out enjoying the outside areas and also welcomed us. We felt this would be a good fit for our family member.

Lisa Witt

We appreciate your feedback after touring Lakeside Manor. So glad you felt welcomed by the residents. We hope to have you as join the Lakeside family soon!

Im still reviewing the place my self

I wish the tour guide had been truthful with me. Im 62 and only looking for an independent living Cumminty 55 and older. This Cumminty is an independent. Assistance. And medical one.

Lisa Witt

Lakeside Manor is perfect for the senior who is looking for peace-of-mind and safety as they age in place. Lakeside Manor provides 3 meals daily, housekeeping, transportation to scheduled doctor and other appointments, daily safety checks, and social activities. Our residence permits residents to feel safe, enjoy socialization with their peers, while maintaining their independent lifestyle. We are a 55+ community although we cater to many residents that are 75+ who value the extra services. We are sorry if you were looking for a completely independent senior apartment without services as that is not Lakeside Manor.

really like it here

The only comment I have on Lakeside Manor is all the money that is wasted on BBQ for the residents. The dining room needs more cleaning and care. The rug needs to be vacuumed. I am very happy here though. Everybody is very friendly. Joe, the maintenance worker is very nice. Pat, the one that works in the kitchen is too. Katherine and Sharon really go out of their way to help me. I really like it here.

Ashley Ruppert

Thanks for your 5 star review. I'm glad you are happy here at Lakeside Manor. We welcome all suggestions and will work to make the improvements you suggest. Thanks for pointing out our caring staff. They make all the difference in making Lakeside Manor a "home."

very friendly and accommodating

They are very friendly and accommodating.

The only downside is that the place is a little run down, and the hallways are kind of dark. It can use a few updates and improvements.

Other than that everything about Lakeside Manor has been great.

Lisa Witt

We are working to do updates to our community. Thank you for pointing out our friendly and accommodating environment at Lakeside Manor. We want residents to feel that Lakeside is their new home with new neighbors and new friendships developed.

I'm so happy here.

I'm so happy here. Everybody is very patient with me. They try to make it easy for me. It's very clean, and nice. Even the food is good. I really recommend it to anybody.

Lisa Witt

This is the experience for which we strive! Thank you for sharing!

Mom & Dad's Final Years Together (71 total)

The property has an excellent location. Both my parents lived at the Manor for several years until they passed. On a number of occasions we had family members come from out of town to visit. They all stayed at the Peppermill which is an excellent hotel-casino with free airport shuttles and walking distance to the residence. We found a real plus the parties held several times a year where families were invited to participate. Another nice option was the private dining room. On several occasions, to include birthdays, we had "four generation" dinners with our own server. Not last, but to be included, was the affordability. My dad was self employed all of his life and did not pay much into Social Security. Their monthly income was limited so cost was definitely a consideration.

Lisa Witt

Glad your parents had a nice experience at Lakeside Manor. We appreciate your feedback.

Best Retirement Reno Nevada

This is in my opinion, one of the greatest things to happen for our family. My grandmother was losing interest in life, that was then.... Now, and upon helping her move into Lakeside Manor; she is more happy than I have seen in years. She calls me more than I like at times telling me all about the great food and people she enjoys. I can't say enough about Lakeside Retirement, this place is a true "God Send". I will, and am recommending this place to everyone I know looking for these services for their loved ones. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!! #awesome #lakesidemanorretirement

Lisa Witt

Thank you for your glowing recommendation!

Great Place for Mom

I moved my mom into Lakeside Manor (and independent living facility) over four years ago and it has been a wonderful experience for both her and me.
The facility is very well managed by Ashley Ruppert and she does a fabulous job with both the staff and tenants.
The facility has been a permanent "home" to many seniors and I see many of the same faces as I have visited mom over the years.
All the residents are treated with dignity by their friendly staff and there seem to be many activities for those who want to participate. The location near Virginia Lake also is great and easy to get to.
It's a great feeling to know mom is in a safe well run and friendly home.

Lisa Witt

Thank you Jim for your kind comments about your satisfaction with mom residing at Lakeside Manor.

Lakeside Manor, Reno, NV

I have been living at Lakeside Manor and am now moving to be on my own for a while. I have to say that Lakeside is a wonderful place to live. The staff, Ashley, Debbie and all are very professional and attentive. Its really nice to have three good meals a day, served to you! There is a very nice salad bar for both dinner and supper. Breakfast is to order, with daily specials. When I am ready to be in an independent living facility Lakeside Manor is where I will happily be.

Lisa Witt

We pride ourselves on our home-cooked meals and variety of lunch and dinner menu options.

A wonderful experienince

The staff and the Residents have been just wonderful.
they make even the people visiting like part of the family.
The staff are professional and courteous at all times . if you have a question via phone or in person they are direct and responsive . If a problem occurs they tackle them head on with out hesitation. We are ecstatic about our association with Lake Side Manor.

Lisa Witt

We pride ourselves onour long-tenured caring staff. Thank you.

Great Senior living

My 83 year old dad has been a resident at Lakeside Manor for the past 6 years. This has been a wonderful experience not only for my dad but also for me since I watch after him. The staff is exceptional!!! He is provided 3 meals a day, laundry service, activites and an overall safe place to live. Lakeside Manor is an affordable, fun place that is always bubbling with activity. I would not want my dad in any other establishment.
Bob

Lisa Witt

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Lisa Witt

Thank you for your kind words about our 'exceptional' staff. It's the people that make a community "home" and we're delighted that you are pleased with your Dad's living situation at Lakeside Manor.

I help a woman in this facility daily...

I help a woman in this facility daily, I find the peple friendly and helpful.

Lisa Witt

Glad you are able to assist one of our residents.

Lisa Witt

Thank you for helping one of our residents. Glad you find the people friendly and helpful.

Good people at Lakeside Manor

My mother has lived at Lakeside Manor for over 1 year. The staff are kind, caring and helpful. They have many activities that she enjoys. We have been very pleased with her experience there.

Lisa Witt

The staff is a key ingredient to a successful and happy retirement community. Lakeside Manor has long-tenured, caring staff that make a difference in our resident's lives. And the staff is blessed with their interaction with our fabulous residents.

Good place to live

Lakeside Manor is a gem. My mother in law lives there and I never have to worry about her. If there is a problem the staff always calls me. It is clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful.
I am there at least twice a week, different days and I see activities or games in the library. The residents all seem to enjoy themselves.
I would recommend this place to my friends.

Lisa Witt

Thank you for your glowing recommendation!

This is my home!

This is my home! The staff makes it feel like a real home. It's very comfortable here. They are not pushy, we just do it like we would do it at home. The bus service is wonder. I like the bus rides and all the restaurants and outings that we go to. I feel like this is just like my home. The staff and the other residents are just like family to me.

Lisa Witt

Olga, thank you for letting us know you are happy to call Lakeside Manor your home!

Good Music and Fun!

I love the music at Lakeside Manor, Marc Anthony is my favorite! I like the freedom of being able to walk around Virginia Lake and being able to do all the activities that I like to do! My favorite activity is poker night with an ice cold beer!

Lisa Witt

I'm delighted that you enjoy the professional entertainment. I agree the walk around the serene Virginia Lake with the birds and walking paths is so desirable. It keeps our residents healthy and happy!

Activities are wonderful!

I like all the people here at Lakeside Manor and I absolutely love my apartment! I really like the food here and I enjoy all the fun games. When we play trivia, we all laugh and have a good time…. The Wii bowling here is fun too! I really like the music here, especially Marc Anthony and Mickey!

Lisa Witt

We are glad you enjoy the variety of activities offered at Lakeside Manor. I hope the public will feel free to join us to see why residents call Lakeside Manor "home!"

Helpful People!

The people that live here are all so nice and sweet! The housekeeping crew keep the building nice and clean. I really like Joe in maintenance because he does a great job at fixing things for us. And, Greg, our driver, helps us and really cares about the people. I’m very happy here at Lakeside Manor!

Lisa Witt

I'm pleased that you enjoy interacting with your fellow Lakeside Manor residents. We have quite a variety of engaging residents from all professional backgrounds.

Comfy home at Lakeside Manor

My mom has been a resident here for about 3-4 years. She enjoys the bingo and plays cards with a group of ladies many afternoons. There are special outings for Sunday drives in the summer, or lunch at restaurants around town. Virginia Lake is just a couple block stroll down the street. There are other happenings,too, but she doesn't always join everything, it's her choice although she is always welcome to attend. I think the best "things" about Lakeside Manor though are its employees. They are always friendly, patient and ready to help, and they know the residents by their first names. Lakeside Manor is not a fancy, resort or hotel type place, but an older, well-maintained, comfortable home for its residents.

Lisa Witt

As they say, it's the people — both staff and residents — that make a community warm and friendly. That is what we strive for every day at Lakeside Manor.

Happy camper

I like to play trivia at Lakeside Manor, that is my favorite game! I like living here at Lakeside Manor because if I was living in my own home my blood sugar would be out of control! Living here I can keep it under control! I really like the people that live here. I really enjoy being so close to Virginia Lake. It’s nice to sit on a bench there on a summer afternoon. I really love my tablemate, she is like a sister to me.

Lisa Witt

We are delighted that you have found a true home at Lakeside Manor. Sounds like you value many aspects for our community, from managing your health needs, to having the companionship of your fellow residents. Our location next to Virginia Lake is a great asset also of Lakeside Manor. Thank you for your kind thoughts for the benefit of those searching for a great retirement community!

Peace of Mind

I know my Mom is in a safe enviroment with a helpful/friendly staff.
One thing that impresses me: They do not have a high turnover in their staff. The staff is friendly and seem to be glad they are at Lakeside Manor.
I also know if my Mom is "off" they recognize it and give me a call.

Lisa Witt

Staff is key to resident happiness. I'm glad you noted our low staff turnover. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We think they are special too!

My little dachshund was able to move in with me!

I love that they are pet friendly and the staff is very helpful!

Lisa Witt

Pets are family members and we are happy to accommodate them. Lakeside Manor is one of the few retirement communities that are pet friendly.

I'm a social and outgoing resident here

The staff at Lakeside Manor is very caring. The hospitality is very welcoming and very warm. When someone tours they introduce new residents to us "older" residents. I love the Sunday afternoon drives. The transportation is great, and it is very helpful that I can be taken to my doctor appointments. In the summertime, the staff will provide a wonderful big BBQ for all of our family and friends, which is a huge effort to keep people involved and social.

Lisa Witt

Lakeside Manor is your home and we are pleased that you find the staff to be caring and welcoming. We are delighted that also find the activities engaging. Thank you for your feedback!

Happy resident!

Lakeside Manor staff is very cordial when it comes to helping residents. Housekeeping is right there when needed and they always ask if I need something. I am very pleased with everything at Lakeside Manor. I love when they make me my special pork and beans!

Lisa Witt

We take great pride in our home-cooked meals. We are delighted you are happy with how we prepared your special meal. Our residents tell us that our staff, including dining and housekeeping, is why our residents are happy to call Lakeside Manor home.

Great place

I looked at this place for my mother. I found the staff to be very professional and accommodating to her wants and needs. The director Ashley is a very personal and warm hearted lady!

Lisa Witt

I'm glad you had a great experience visiting Lakeside Manor Ashley is an outstanding Executive Director — very warm and engaging. Lakeside Manor is a great value in terms of service and budget and we hope you will become a part of our family soon!

Just too run down.

Everyone was outside smoking cigarettes. The community was run down, it was old. The lady who ran it was very nice. It was pretty expensive and the rooms were really small. The pricing was a little much for what you get.

Lisa Witt

Lakeside Manor is a warm and caring community. I'm sorry we were not able to meet your needs. I encourage everyone to visit and find out for yourself what a fabulous community we have. You won't find a more caring staff and a happier group of residents at any retirement community.

Older facility but units are nice. C...

Older facility but units are nice. Clean. nice dining room and common areas.

Lisa Witt

Lakeside Manor takes pride in fostering a warm and comforting environment for its residents. Thank you for pointing out our well-maintained community!

We are an active, retirement community located in Southwest Reno, by Virginia Lake, for adults age 55 and older. We’re minutes from downtown, within blocks of four shopping centers, the Peppermill Hotel Casino, a golf course, several restaurants, banks and the post office.

Our rates are all-inclusive and include 3 delicious meals daily, weekly housekeeping and laundry, a full daily activity schedule, transportation to doctors and shopping, and all utilities (except telephone and cable).

Pets are welcome and will feel at home, just as you will. Please contact us for more information or to request a brochure.

Lakeside Manor retirement means pleasure for the residents and peace of mind for their families! It’s the joy of life without the burden of worry, making pleasant retirement living a reality.

If you have not had a tour with a complimentary lunch or dinner, please call to make an appointment, or simply stop by. We would love to show you around, and think you will be pleased to discover why our residents call this “Home”. Setting the Standard for Senior Living in Northern Nevada. ?
An incredible community for active seniors! ?The best of all worlds…independence, activity, companionship, stability, and good food.
Lakeside Manor We care…and it shows! Beautiful, Luxurious, Affordable…?… Friendly, Clean & Comfortable!