Silverado Lake Zurich - Lake Zurich, IL

SILVERADO, LAKE ZURICH GIVES EXTRAORDINARY CARE. The care is personal, patient, and professional.

My wife has been a resident at Silverado for over three years. She has received superior care from caregivers and readily accessible nurses 24/7. I have enjoyed a family atmosphere which enriches our time together. The care teams Invest themselves in each person's comfort and show remarkable patience through difficult situations. Even the custodians, housekeepers, and drivers are friendly and always ready to help. The campus layout allows residents freedom inside and out within safeguards--and my wife is a walker! I recommend Silverado above all similar residences I have visited over the years.

Tour and options for care

This is a very nice community. The staff was friendly and caring. We liked the menu and the cleanliness of this community. The layout would have been hard for her to get around. We liked that the atmosphere had a lot to offer. Families might want to consider this community for a tour for care.

Silverado Representative

At Silverado, providing a clean, safe, beautiful, and home-like environment where residents can thrive is our top priority. We are glad to hear that you had a chance to tour our Lake Zurich community. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and we hope to be a trusted resource for you and your family in the future.

Very accommodating!!

When we looked into Silverado Lake Zurich, we needed a place very quickly and they expedited the paperwork so it all worked out. The staff there are taking good care of my loved one, and the people I work with are very caring and knowledgeable. We are happy that it is such a good place.

Silverado Representative

Hello, thank you for sharing your comments! As you experienced, our associates are fully committed to providing the best care. We look forward to continue being a trusted resource for you and your family!

Aunt is In Good Hands at this Community

So far everything is working out well for aunt with her move to this community. We are pleased with all they have done for us. We know she is safe, and receiving great care. The staff have been attentive, and helpful. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. There are nice activities, and good meals offered for their residents. This is a community I would recommend, it is working out well for us.

Silverado Representative

We love hearing from Silverado family members. Feedback like this truly motivates us to change the way the world cares for those with memory impairments. As you have experienced, Silverado Lake Zurich plans many age-appropriate activities and resident outings that help create a sense of normalcy and purpose. Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments!

The staff is great, no worries.

My mom was there. The staff is very caring and responsive. I never worried about my mom. Had it not been for Silverado i would not have selected another facility. The high staff to resident ratio is very high. I was not worried at all. They took really good care of my mom and I would not have let her stay anywhere else. I was very involved in my mom's care and the staff worked with me all the time.

Silverado Representative

Hi Pat, thank you for recognizing our staff and the amazing care that they provide. We're proud to offer industry-leading staff-to-resident ratios and life-enriching care. Thank you for trusting us to care for your mother. As always, our associates are fully dedicated to providing the best care to all of our residents and helping their family members through this difficult time.

Great care

They take very good care of my father and ensure he is comfortable. I like the constant communication they have with me. They are going a good job.

Silverado Representative

Hello! Thanks for sharing your experience. We are glad to hear that your father is happy and thriving at Silverado. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continue being a trusted resource for you and your family!

A visit

I was not impressed with the way this community divided the residents by the level of care they needed. The decor seemed dark and it felt more dated. The community seemed clean and the people I met were nice.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to visit our community. We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve.

Great place for memory care!

Silverado Lake Zurich is in our hometown. The community is very nice and has a specialty in memory care. The community is kept very clean throughout. We were very happy and it seemed quite nice. We appreciate all the help A Place for Mom has given us!

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! As always, we continue to be fully committed to being industry leaders and providing the best care to those we serve.

Care for mom

Fine program from the start. Caring and helpful intro staff. Mom sea content Family like setting and least restrictive

Silverado Representative

J, thank you for recognizing our caring and helpful associates who are dedicated to enriching lives.

Why you should choose Silverado for your loved one

The friendliness is the 1st thing you notice. The cleanliness is apparent. The activities are varied and something is planned for every day. What was amazing to us was that they let the residents have their pets with them. There is someone who exercises,, walks, grooms, feeds and waters the animals. Right now there are 3 dogs (1 is my Mom's), a cat, a parrot, 2 parakeets and 4 finches.

There are four ground level buildings, and inside the floor plan is a square that circles the building. The maximum no of residents is 25 in each building. There are many staff members in each building. The food is good and served on tables with real table cloths and napkins changed at each meal. So far, the family is happy with our choice.

Silverado Representative

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Feedback like this motivates us to continue to change the way the world cares for those with memory impairment. As you noticed, community pets and an active, positive environment are a large part of our philosophy. Each of our residents are encouraged to bring the furry pals to the community!

We were very impressed with this place.... On every level!!! I'd recommend this place to anyone, who is looking for a place to call "Home" Great staff, very clean, and such a nice place in all!!

Silverado Representative

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Silverado is a memory care community that feels like home because it is home. We hope to be a trusted resource for you and your family in the future.

It's just not as good as it looks or, as they purported it to be.

It's still pretty new, to us, there have been glitches and lots of moving around. With all of the moving there have been lots of lost clothes. They don't seem to be doing anything, they say they have this great memory care, but they don't do enough, just some games. It's just not as good as it looks or, as they purported it to be. It's clean, very clean, but there isn't any choice with food. They are short staffed in my opinion, it seems like they have the same people taking care of the people also washing dishes. The activities really are my main concern, they are so lonely.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comment. We appreciate your feedback as we are continuously innovating and improving the level of our services.

helping mom

Lauren Ringwood helped mom and i to find here. For the most part, i have been very pleased. They make mom feel special. The only negatives are not with the facilities at all, but the insidious nature of her diseases. No one help with that. I am so happy we found this place. I was at such a loss trying to accommodate mom's needs. Bravo to Silverado and its staff.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comments. Alzheimer's is a terrible disease that robs people of their memories and much more. Our greatest hope is that someday soon there will be a cure. We will always be here to help you and your family through this difficult time.

The best placement for my husband!

Silverado is the best placement for my husband. He is engaged in life once again. He enjoys the staff and works right along side them in various projects. Staff always have time to talk and be with him. They are very aware of what makes him "tick" and encourage him to participate in life with them. The animals that are in his cottage are so important to the well being of every single resident. There is a darling dog, the most amazing cat, a guinea pig and 2 paraketts that are friendly with all. Families are encouraged to visit and join their loved one for a meal. The children and pets of caregivers are encouraged to come and hang out with the residents while their parents are at work. In a word Silverado is unusual and worth every cent!

Silverado Representative

Donna, thank you for sharing your Silverado story! We are so glad to hear that your husband is more engaged in life and feels at home at Silverado. As you mentioned, our associates always try to find out what makes each of our residents "tick" and connect with them on a deeper level. This way we are able to cater our engagement activities to a resident's personal needs and preferences! Thanks again for sharing your comments and we hope that you'll swing by the community to join your loved one for a meal.

SILVERADO'S POSITIVE FOCUS AND ENLIGHTENED PRACTICE

We see Silverado, Lake Zurich as a model for the health industry in dementia care because it has:

*A philosophy of care emphasizing a positive spirit, personalized care, and freedom of movement for residents

*Skilled, friendly staff committed to and trained in this philosophy, including custodians

*A clinical outcomes approach to care giving that requires self-assessment and on-going improvement

*A peaceful, warm setting near Lake Zurich ideal for dementia residents who are often highly anxious and agitated

*Accessibility to staff, even in evenings, for family

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your kind words! At Silverado, we pride ourselves in being industry leaders and being the experts in care for those with memory loss and cognitive disorders.

Very nice place, pet friendly!

Overall I think they do a very good job at Silverado Lake Zurich! The staff are very friendly, the facility itself is well kept and clean, and they take great care of the people who live here. They also accept pets! My one complaint is that I think they could be a little more attentive when it comes to making sure her dog gets let outside more frequently.

Silverado Representative

Thanks for taking the time to review our community! As you noted, pet therapy is a cornerstone to our unique philosophy care. Community pets and an active, positive environment are a large part of our philosophy. Our unique philosophy and homelike environment allows us to provide a high quality of life for numerous residents over the years. Thanks again for your positive feedback!

For a month I'm happy

I think the place is absolutely well worth it. It is no a very large facility which makes it more intimate andseau small intimate and the staff is very well trained and is very caring and supportive. The activities are sufficient and its been only a month since I have gotten there and I am very happy overall.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for recognizing our staff and the amazing care that they provide! We appreciate your comments and look forward to continue to be a trusted resource for you and your family.

Again, there are three different buildings where residents would need to be transferred for activities appropriate for their abilities. Also, this is a very expensive place. The livingroom was rather dark.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your review. As you mentioned, our Lake Zurich community has separate buildings where we house different types of engagements. At Silverado, our around-the-clock nursing team, masters prepared social workers and experienced leadership team further add to the peace of mind our families value.

It's great, I am really impressed.

It's great, I am really impressed. It's very clean, and the people that work there are all wonderful, they are very friendly, and they really care. They are very attentive and responsive. I assume that they are getting them to the activities, they have a lot of things going on. My one concern is that the bathroom isn't set up really well for someone in a wheelchair, the sink is set way back, and she can't reach to wash her hands or even spit in the sink. The building was an assisted living before, so I don't think there is much Silverado can do about that.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your comments! We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience with Silverado. Our associates continue to be committed to providing world-class care to not only our residents but to their family members as well. Thank you again and we look forward to being a trusted resource for you and your family.

Silverado is fantastic.

Silverado is fantastic. They have rugs in the common area that could use a cleaning. Everything else is very clean. I never see any dust or dirt anywhere. The staff is excellent, I haven't ran into anyone who isn't friendly. They are also very good about when I call they know my voice and who I am calling for and why, what building she is in. I think they are set up very well. There are four ranch type homes that are large squares with a common area in the middle with the rooms on the outside. Even with four buildings they know me by name. I've looked around a lot and I believe she is getting the same quality of care as she would have anywhere and they are about three quarters of the price others would have charged. I like that it is strictly memory care and Alzheimer's, there are no other levels of care, so they all know what they are working with and how to deal with it. Communication with me has been great, they always call me very shortly after something happens. I don't think any of these places are as attentive as they could be, and I would like to see more walking around and asking if they need more water or things like that. There is enough personnel around to do that. They are extremely patient with me, and with my loved one. The food is very good, they say they offer a choice, but not when they are presenting it to the person. If they don't eat what is presented to them, then they will ask if they want something else, but the choice is not presented up front. If we are there at mealtime, they encourage us to stay and eat, and there is no charge for that. My only criticism is that because it is four buildings, the only way from building to building is outside, I am not sure how that will work in the winter. Outside entertainment will come to one building and people gather to it, it seems in the winter that may be an issue. I've heard that the entertainment will rotate buildings from week to week so they will all get the chance to see it, but I feel like each building should have entertainment each week.

Silverado Representative

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience! At Silverado, we believe that communication is key and always encourage family members to reach out with any special requests or concerns they may have. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope that you will stop in soon for another complimentary meal with your loved one!

Very nice place

Overall they've done a great job at Silverado! It's a nice looking, clean place, and everyone has been very friendly. They've got plenty for the residents to do, they have frequent entertainment and trips, and there's plenty of room for walks. It came highly recommended to us, and I'd definitely recommend it as an option to others!

Silverado Representative

Thanks for sharing your comments! We are happy that you and your loved one enjoy the frequent resident outings and our beautiful walkways. As always, we continue to be committed to providing life-enriching care to those we serve. Thanks again for sharing your Silverado Story!

Great food!

So far they’re doing great. Everyone is so expensive – this whole assisted living thing. My loved one doesn’t use a lot of the activities yet. It’s one of the nicer communities. I don’t know if I’d say upscale, but a step above. The food looks better than food service grade.

Silverado Representative

Hi Matt! Thanks for sharing your comments. We are glad that you and your loved one are happy with your experience so far. Often times, new residents need some time to get situated and assimilated to the new environment. We work with our new residents to familiarize them with the new community and look forward to introducing more activities as your loved one becomes more comfortable. We are glad that you had an opportunity to try some of our cuisine! As always, family members are welcomed to join their loved one for a complimentary meal at any time!

It seems to be pretty good.

The food is pretty good, I have had one kind of bad meal, hot dog on a stick kind of thing. There is always something going on. They have some doggies here. Some have a resident dog but the ones here belong to the residents.

Silverado Representative

We are glad to hear that you had a good overall experience! We cater our menus to our residents' personal preference and often times finger foods (such as sandwiches, hot dogs, etc.) are easier for our residents to eat. We appreciate your kind feedback and as always family members are welcomed to visit at any time to join their loved ones for complimentary meals! Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback.

Welcome Environment, good care, encouraging staff

This facility has done a very nice job of getting my mom involved. They are very friendly and I always feel welcome when I step in the door. I take comfort in knowing that they have nursing on staff 24 hours. Unlike many other assisted living facilities that feel like a hotel, this has the feel of living in a large ranch home. This has enabled my mom to feel much more comfortable and involved with the community. I would highly recommend this facility to those that require this level of care.

Silverado Representative

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience. Silverado is a socially vibrant community filled with visitors and pets, and often times children as well. As you noted, our vibrant environment makes Silverado feel like a home. Thanks for your feedback!

A Perfect Fit

We have found Silverado to be the perfect environment for my 88 year old father, who suffers from Dementia. The cottage style secured facility makes for a cozy, home-like environment. There are differing levels of care in each of the five cottages, including hospice. It is not too large and all of the rooms are close to the common areas. The staff is caring, friendly, and a nurse is available 24/7. The meals are flavorful and nutritious and include a variety of choices. There are lots of daily activities in the cottages, as well as trips out into the community. When the weather is nice, there are safe areas where residents can enjoy the outdoors. Care is given as needed and independence is encouraged. Great effort is taken to get to know the interests and likes of the residents. Family members are free to visit 24/7. It was a smooth transition and a great place for my father. We feel fortunate to have found this place.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comment! We are happy that you had a positive experience at Silverado. Feedback like this truly motivates us to continue to enrich the lives we serve.

An Excellent Nursing Home

I loved the homey atmosphere of the cottages. The best part are the animals. Residents may be allowed to keep their dog/pet with them! All the cottages are surrounded by fence allowing residents with dementia to walk the sidewalks and go in and out of unlocked doors. The staff is a joy to work with and interact with the residents and animals quite well. Everything is very clean. The cooks are excellent and serve great meals and you can dine with your loved one. You can even enjoy a cocktail together, which was the last special moment I shared with my Mom before she became critically ill and passed on a few days later. I am glad I have that memory. I highly recommend doing a tour of Silverado Senior Living in Lake Zurich, IL.

Silverado Representative

Aimee, thanks for taking the time to share your Silverado story. We pride ourselves in being the experts in memory care and are happy that we were able to provide care for your mother.

Perfect

I absolutely love it. They have a bunch of people running around in diapers so it's as clean as they could possibly keep it. They allow people to be at their best through a god awful disease so I think they've got it perfect. For my father, the fact that it's a gated community is huge.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your positive review of Silverado Lake Zurich. At Silverado, we take pride in being the experts in care for those with memory loss and cognitive disorders.

As you mentioned, our incontinence program and assistance with activities of daily living allow our residents to maintain their dignity and encourages independence while keeping our rates of incontinence-related urinary tract infections to a minimum that often exceeds industry standards.

Quality of life is first and foremost at Silverado! Our engagement programs and specially trained associates further our mission of giving life to our residents, whether promoting lifelong participation in a favorite hobby or taking up a new one!

As you know, our walkways and secured perimeter encourage residents to explore our park-like surroundings while maintaining their safety and independence.

Our 24 hour per day nursing team, masters prepared social worker and experienced leadership team further add to the peace of mind our families value. Thank you again for your review. We are happy to continue to be a trusted resource and care partner for your father and your family!

I like the kitchen in the m...

I like the kitchen in the main cottage, although there was an odor when you first walk in. Don't like the fact that the cottages are not attached. Would have to bundle up in the winter to attend an event in the main cottage. There was not an odor in the Supportive cottage--this may have been the better looking out of all of the 'supportive' facilities--perhaps because it was a middle-level cottage (like a Terrace level from Sunrise). There is another cottage for lower-functioning residents. I think I liked the rooms here the best.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comments. In many ways our community is different than other memory care environments, but our philosophy of care is purposely developed to help enrich quality of life. So, we encourage you to visit our Lake Zurich community again. We’d love to chat a bit more and address your concerns.

Appreciated

They have a difficult job doing what they do, but they are doing a good job. They have a good ratio of care givers to residents. They have been doing a good job with our loved one and we are pleased with Silverado. We would recommend this community to anyone.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your comments. We appreciate your feedback. As always, we continue to be committed to providing exceptional care to those we serve.

Visited on 5/18. Will not t...

Visited on 5/18. Will not take patients with PleurX catheters. Director claims that no assisted living facility is licensed in Illinois to handle residents with catheters. Facility no longer in consideration.

Very nice facility. Close to home. Fu...

Very nice facility. Close to home. Full service place. Not sure my mother needs all of these services (she likes washing her own clothes, for example). Companion rooms do not excite me. Private rooms way are out of our price range.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your positive feedback. We have found that many of our residents benefit from having a roommate and are more likely to remain active and social. We hope to be a resource for you and your family in the future.

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community’s warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.