Senior Suites of Kelvyn Park - Chicago, IL

Too Small

I took a tour of this community and the Assistant Property Manager showed me an apartment. I thought it was too small for us. The staff were very nice and we even tried a complimentary meal, which was good.

SLC Midwest

Thank you very much for taking the time to include your review of Senior Suites of South Shore. I am sorry you did not feel our staff was forthcoming in the information they provided. I do understand your comments regarding the size of the apartments; it’s often an adjustment for seniors who may be moving from larger apartments or homes to a community like ours. However, we do find many residents, who after they are settled find the apartment quite comfortable in light of the various common areas we have for residents to use. In addition, the responsibilities & burden of bill paying are greatly reduced due to our rents including all the utilities with the exception of telephone & cable. We do have a few communities offering 2 bedroom apartments if that would better meet your needs. If you would like to discuss these options, or have any additional input regarding your experience, I would be happy to speak to you directly about this if you are inclined. I can be reached at [removed]. Thank you, Lisa Reed, Vice President of Operations.

I visited unannounced. I was satisfied with the property, although I was a bit concerned that it was a long way from her doctor on public transportation.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your comments following your visit to Senior Suites of Kelvyn Park. Your positive feedback is a testament to the caring staff we have at this community and all of our Senior Suites communities. Thank you for visiting our community. I understand your concern regarding the distance of your mother’s doctor from the community. We do have some physicians who make 1:1 visits with residents at the community. This is a service that residents may choose to use. The physicians are not employed by Senior Suites of Kelvyn Park. If you are interested in more information regarding this service, you may call the community [removed].
Thank you again for taking the time to provide us your feedback.

Great place!

My father has lived at Senior Suites for over a year now and is very happy. The facility is safe, clean, affordable and in a good location. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This is a great facility for independent living. Highly recommend it!

Really liked the "vibe." Meals $1.50...

Really liked the "vibe." Meals $1.50 at the Senior Center next door. Great location.